• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some interesting healing websites that may appeal to some of my readers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Mark Manson healing - several -

Until relatively recently, the field of psychology mostly studied the ways in which trauma ****ed us up. And it makes sense why psychologists thought this for so long.

When starting out 100+ years ago, as a “quack science,” initially it was only the most desperate and disturbed who resorted to seeking psychiatric help.4 Mainstream people with mainstream problems didn’t go see shrinks because it was still something stigmatized as embarrassing or shameful (and still kind of is).

As a result, the first 50 years or so of psychological/psychiatric practices dealt with the really hard cases. You know, schizophrenics, manic depressives, suicidal people, and so on.

Fair warning - Mark does use colourful language on occasion so you might go elsewhere if that offends you. I usually don't like such language ... but this is somehow "different" :)

How to Grow from Your Pain

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Getting back 2 the mysterious phenomenon known as schizoprenia!

helpguide.org healing - or healing from schizophrenia - sacredphrenia -

Sacredphrenia:

A natural process of psychospiritual death and rebirth in which an unsuspecting initiate is plunged into the deeper, non-rational levels of the psyche and forced to navigate the self-obliterating chaos of the imaginal realm in an unconscious attempt to achieve psychic reorganisation and spiritual renewal. If they are able to withstand the gruelling tests laid before them, then the initiate will become a catalyst of social transformation, helping humanity overcome the dominant mechanistic worldview that is destroying the fabric of life on earth.

Emotional and Psychological Trauma - HelpGuide.org

Trauma recovery tips

Healing from depression? -

20 Ways to Fight Depression

Successful schizophrenia - has a bunch-of-stuff - het to fully explore - remind me - you KNOW what I am like :)

Successful Schizophrenia

Worst Things to Say to Someone Who Is Depressed

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The importance of resilience in this stress-filled world!

Resilience is what gives people the psychological strength to cope with stress and hardship. It is the mental reservoir of strength that people are able to call on in times of need to carry them through without falling apart. Psychologists believe that resilient individuals are better able to handle such adversity and rebuild their lives after a catastrophe.

Dealing with change or loss is an inevitable part of life. At some point, everyone experiences varying degrees of setbacks. Some of these challenges might be relatively minor (not getting into a class you wanted to take), while others are disastrous on a much larger scale (hurricanes, tornadoes, terrorist attacks). How we deal with these problems can play a significant role in not only the outcome but also the long-term psychological consequences.

How Resilience Helps With the Coping of Crisis

Plenty more at that site!

Cheers

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Loner wolf - freebies plus healing your inner child!

For healing thread -

If we do inner-child work by connecting to the little boy or girl within us, we can reconnect with some of the reasons for our adult fears, phobias. and life patterns. When we begin to understand them, then magic, healing, and transformation can occur.
When pondering how the inner child gets wounded, author Alice Miller suggested that German philosophers believed in stamping out a child’s exuberance so that adults could control them. In my own European family, the philosophy was definitely that children should be seen and not heard, and I only realized in my adult years how wounding this was.

Deep Secrets and Inner Child Healing

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Lorna Byrne has a site as well - all about angels - popular author as well ...

I know I always tell you to say the Prayer of Thy Healing Angels as often as you can. This is because it is a very special prayer. I say it umpteen times every day myself. I just feel the power of God when I say it because I know He lays His healing hand upon me, and fills me with the light of healing. And I know God does this for everyone in the world who says this prayer for whatever it is that is happening in their lives. At my events I give the prayer out to everyone, and I get people to say the prayer together with us as well. What I see when I am saying this prayer with the audience is not so easy to explain. It is like the room fills with a light and that light touches everyone.

It is an incredible prayer, it is an extremely powerful prayer and the words are very important. It has gone all over the world and people say this prayer for every single thing in their lives. To give them hope, to give them confidence, to give them belief in themselves, to give them strength, to help them through hard times, and sometimes even in good times. This prayer is for the world. People tell me they would be lost without it. Students, children, everyone is saying this prayer around the world. It has been translated into so many different languages and I always ask for the wording not to be changed because they are God’s words. They are the words that God gave to the Archangel Michael for this prayer.

Prayer of Thy Healing Angels

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Laughter therapy

It’s true: laughter is strong medicine. It draws people together in ways that trigger healthy physical and emotional changes in the body. Laughter strengthens your immune system, boosts mood, diminishes pain, and protects you from the damaging effects of stress. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh. Humor lightens your burdens, inspires hope, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused, and alert. It also helps you release anger and forgive sooner.

Laughter is the Best Medicine - HelpGuide.org

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Emotional Chaos - excerpt?

Books by Phillip Moffitt - Dharma Wisdom

Emotional Chaos: When the World Crumbles Around You - Exploring your mind

You might have gone through some tough times in your life in which everything felt like a burden and you lacked inner peace. It’s hard to get out of the darkness when you don’t know what you’re feeling or how to handle it. These are the moments when emotional chaos rules your life.

Your world crumbles around you and you don’t know what to do. You scream “Enough!”, but you’re confused, things become unpredictable, and you can’t help but think about your past mistakes. So, you just sink in your chaotic mind.

It looks as if there were only shadows in your life, only frustration and distress. However, there is a way of handling emotional chaos.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Let’s face it: Finding peace and calm in the chaos of life can be a real challenge, especially when you’re trying to balance work, social obligations, family, and a personal life. That’s where guided meditation can help. In as little as 10 minutes a day, you can develop a meditation practice that fits your schedule and gives you the space to relax both your mind and body.

The benefits of meditation extend far beyond relaxation. In fact, a regular practice of meditation could help reduce anxiety, depression, insomnia, general pain, and high blood pressure.1 And the best part? It’s safe, accessible, and fits easily into your day. And don’t worry about sorting through thousands of YouTube videos and websites to find one to try: We did the busy work for you. Here are our top picks for guided meditation.

Comes from this page -

The 6 Best Guided Meditations of 2021

PLENTY more at that website.

Cheers!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Ask angels healing -

Ultimately, your body and spirit does have everything it needs to heal itself. When you are in a state of allowing Divine love to flow through you, you are also in alignment with healing. In other words, when you are connected with Divine love, healing, and restoration on a physical level will naturally occur for you.

You may have a more long lasting, powerful and impactful experience when you act on the guidance to make changes to your life which will promote healing. There are many reasons why the angels help in specific ways and times and how to choose to help you may be different from the experiences of others.

Healing With The Angels

Also a free book about healing!

Loads more at that site - plus YouTube ...

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Quotation-Khalil-Gibran-Out-of-suffering-have-emerged-the-strongest-souls-the-most-10-95-53.jpg

Much more at this site -

TOP 25 SUFFERING QUOTES (of 1000) | A-Z Quotes

Remind me to post more!

Last edited:

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Compassion asks us to go where it hurts, to enter into the places of pain, to share in brokenness, fear, confusion, and anguish. Compassion challenges us to cry out with those in misery, to mourn with those who are lonely, to weep with those in tears. Compassion requires us to be weak with the weak, vulnerable with the vulnerable, and powerless with the powerless. Compassion means full immersion in the condition of being human.

TOP 25 COMPASSION QUOTES (of 1000) | A-Z Quotes

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A simple search for this - healing compassion - quite a few look worthy - for example -

Until we learn self-compassion, we aren’t loving ourselves. Being out of love with ourselves is the cause of all our spiritual / emotional / mental / physical wounds.

When we aren’t loving ourselves, we feel disconnected from our Source, which is Love Itself. Once we’ve opened up our end of the conversation with our Source, have acknowledged our wound, and have become willing to take responsibility for our lives, then awakening compassion for ourselves is the next essential step in our healing and wellbeing.

Self-Compassion Opens The Door To Self-Healing

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More from the Tiny Buddha site -

Happiness turned to me and said, ‘It is time. It is time to forgive yourself for all of the things you did not become. It is time to exonerate yourself for all the people you couldn’t save, for all the fragile hearts you fumbled with in the dark of your confusion. It is time, child, to accept that you don’t have to be who you were a year ago, that you don’t have to want the same things. Above all else, it is time to believe, with reckless abandon, that you are worthy of me, for I have been waiting for years.’

More thoughts on healing from various sources -

Healing Archives - Tiny Buddha

Enjoy your evening!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From recent emails etc -

Tiny Buddha feeling bad

Good Reads Michael Singer - his book "The Untethered Soul" is about healing the broken psyche!

Walsch awaken species (YouTube too - one is 5 hours :))

Symptoms of spiritual awakening (anger)

Nanice spiritual awakening

Very well mind self care

Tiny Buddha negativity

Healing schizophrenia soul in crisis - leads us to -

Proponents of transpersonal psychotherapy, like one of its founders Prof. Stanislav Grof suggest that ‘spiritual emergence’ experiences are often misdiagnosed as psychosis and medicated unnecessarily. Grof sites eleven different types of spiritual emergencies, including the classic initiatory experience of the shaman, unitive experiences of oceanic oneness, kundalini awakening, the crisis of psychic opening, and the messianic experience common within what John Weir Perry called the ‘renewal process’.

The Shamanic View Of Mental Health

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Hope is in short supply these days," writes Sue Patton Thoele, author of 10 books. "We look around and don't necessarily see a lot to be hopeful about. But the truth is, each of us carries within our hearts the seeds of enduring hope. Growing hope is an inside job. And like anything worth cultivating — happiness, success, peace of mind, a loving family — hope requires conscious effort and committed action to be able to grow deep roots in our heart and soul."

Many things have the potential to bring us down and keep us on edge in these tense times. The author points to these: media mayhem and madness, economic iffiness, sandpapered senses, and personal pain. Her book gives an optimistic overview of hope as a virtue with chapters on growing, sowing, cultivating, harvesting, spreading, and watering seeds of hope. She includes plenty of practices to be tried as part of your sowing the seeds of positive change in your life and in the world.

Growing Hope by Sue Patton Thoele | Review | Spirituality & Practice

Plenty more - check-out their menus!

Cheers!