• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some interesting healing websites that may appeal to some of my readers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Steps to healing an addiction -

From the good therapy website:

Many people struggle with addictions in today’s stressful society. Drinking and/or using drugs, overeating, sexual compulsions, and gambling are all ways in which individuals attempt to self-soothe and forget about their problems. These misguided methods all have one thing in common—they enable the individual to temporarily attain a different state of consciousness in order to avoid looking at painful emotions they may be feeling.

Alcohol and drugs obviously create altered states of mind, but overeating, gambling, or having a sex addiction do as well. For those who overindulge, food typically brings up early memories of comfort and is used to fill up an inner sense of emptiness. Many who gamble tend to forget or overlook everything except the thrill and excitement of the potential win. For many individuals with a sex addiction, there is an attempt to seek connectedness through the sexual act, without having to connect on an emotional level.

So what are some ways that individuals can learn to cope with their emotions in a healthier way? The following steps can be taken to help overcome an addiction:

Healing from Addiction: 6 Steps on the Road to Recovery - GoodTherapy.org Therapy Blog

Wishing you all the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
And now 4 something completely different?

Stop trying to fix yourself

Shannon, you should stop buying all that self-help crap and going off to retreats to find yourself. You are not perfect, never will be, and no one in the world is either. You make mistakes; we all do. Just live with it. You are a warm, intelligent woman—just live the best honest life you can.

All of my self-help books and years of spiritual study, and my mom nailed it in one simple paragraph. Granted, her delivery could use some work, but the essence of what she wrote was right on. Again.

I will, of course, continue to read personal development books and go on personal retreats. However, I no longer do those things because I think something was wrong with me. Now, I do them because I love myself.

However, I think the best message here is to just live the best honest life we can and let that be enough.

Comes from this huge site -

Stop Trying to Fix Yourself and Start Enjoying Your Life

Cheers!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Nanice Ellis also writes about healing -

Have you ever wondered about the ‘real reason’ we get sick or why some of us are more susceptible to germs and even cancer cells? No doubt, if we could identify the primary cause of illness, we would have the secret to health and healing.

Although modern medicine may proclaim to have all the answers, traditional doctors have no way to explain how thousands of terminal patients spontaneously heal against all odds – the Remission Project has catalogued more than 35000 medically reported cases of spontaneous remission worldwide.

Not only did these terminal patients defy the constructs of modern medicine, most importantly, they overcame the perceived limitations of the body. But, why are these self-healed patients the exception rather than the rule?

https://theartofhealing.com.au/author/nanice-ellis/

Looks to be plenty more at that site ...

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Free Yourself from Your Mental Prison: Three Approaches to Healing

Many of us have spent years trying to find solutions to help us feel better. For some it is pills or years of therapy. Or maybe we have tried non-traditional approaches like meditation or working with spiritual powers beyond ourselves. Still, sometimes our negative thoughts keep coming back. We cannot seem to “make” them go away.

Personally, I have also tried many different things. But I have noticed that in recent months, I gradually seem to have come to a place of peace and of relative success. I am not exactly sure what it is that has changed, but I have a feeling it was a combination of things (hypnotherapy, regular meditation and working with higher guidance). But I have noticed that my old, worn-out worries are just not really there as much anymore. It’s almost like they have almost disappeared.

https://theartofhealing.com.au/2018...ur-mental-prison-three-approaches-to-healing/

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Very well mind self care -

All the stress relief activities in the world won't help if you aren't taking care of yourself. Meditation won't do you any good if you aren't getting adequate sleep. In fact, when you try to meditate, you might doze off because you aren't taking care of your body's need for sleep.

Similarly, hitting the gym once in a while won't relieve much stress if you're only fueling your body with high-processed junk food. You need to take care of your basic needs first if you want your stress relief activities to be effective.

5 Self-Care Practices for Every Area of Your Life

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Love yourself - a few!!! :)

Be-Kind-to-Yourself-Vironika-Tugaleva-Quote.jpg

17 Quotes to Help You Love Yourself - Vironika Wilde (Tugaleva)

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Tiny Buddha feeling lost -

Do you feel lost and alone?

Adrift and confused about which way to go?

Do you long for “something more” but have no clue what’s missing?

Maybe you’re not miserable exactly, but you’re not animated and in love with life either.

Your circumstances may even look pretty good on the outside.

But on the inside, where truth resides, you are bored to tears, unfulfilled, and restless.

Or maybe you are miserable, stuck in a painful place, silently suffering.

Trust me; I know what that feels like.

Read more -

Why It’s Okay to Feel Lost (And How to Find Your Way Again)

All the best!!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Somewhere in our minds, removed from the day to day, there sits a judge. They watch what we do, study how we perform, examine the effect we have on others, track our successes and failures – and then, eventually, they pass a verdict. So consequential is this judgement, it colours our entire sense of ourselves. It determines our levels of confidence and self-compassion, it lends us a sense of whether we are worthwhile beings or conversely, should not really exist. The judge is in charge of what we call our self-esteem.

The verdict of the judge is more or less loving, more or less enthusiastic, but not according to any objective rule-book or statute. Two individuals can end up with wildly different levels of self-esteem even though they may have done much the same things. Certain judges simply seem more predisposed than others to lend us an essentially buoyant, warm, appreciative and generous view of ourselves. Others encourage us to be hugely critical, often disappointed and sometimes close to disgust.

Self-Love -

Loads more emotional skills at that site!

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try some of these - only just started to explore the site -

how to be a better human – ideas.ted.com

These days, one common complaint that I’ve noticed from friends and on my social media feeds is how much more time we all seem to be spending doing chores. Many meals that were once eaten out or on the go are eaten at home, necessitating more cooking. Being home all day every day, dishes pile up in the sink and everything seems to get dirtier that much quicker.

Like seemingly everyone else right now, I find myself grappling with having to spend more time doing things I dislike. But when the going gets tough, the tough get joyful (that’s the saying, right???) — and so I thought I’d gather some inspiration for ways to make some life’s dullest chores more delightful.

For ideas, I turned to the Joyspotters Society, a free online community I founded that is devoted to finding and creating more joy in daily life. I was overwhelmed by their response. I’ve gathered their tips into themes to make it easier for you to find the strategies that will work for you and added some of my own, as well as ones I’ve come across in my research.

Also click on the "we humans" link? -

Do you know the 5 love languages? Here’s what they are — and how to use them

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Mistakes on the spiritual journey

One example -

And in the course of my work with addicts I realized that the same thing is true of any journey of self-discovery and exploration.

Anyway, I wanted to dedicate this little series of articles to helping others avoid all those self-inflicted problems, pains and perils. So here, in the spirit of service to humanity, for your delectation and perusal and hopefully your elucidation, are a few of the big ugly potholes I drove into that you maybe ought to try to avoid on your own spiritual path. When you’re exploring inner space; looking for your center and seeking truth, watch out for these common and oh-so-avoidable blunders, mistakes and wrong turns:

9 Mistakes Spiritual Seekers Make

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hmmm ... where are the other 8 mistakes in that article? ... so made this search -

Try - bahaiteachings.org mistakes

We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery.

~ Samuel Smiles

Comes from this page -

Please: Don’t Be Afraid to Make Mistakes

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
bbbb8d2845ca1b12a20dbdfdb672d676.jpg

For more Leunig - why not visit this site - check-out the menus at top and if you click on an image it will be enlarged for your viewing pleasure - here is the site -

Cartoons - Leunig

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
For as long as I can remember, I have been on a quest to heal myself. From a very young age I can remember feeling different from my peers. I was always painfully shy and paralyzed with insecurity and fear, which left me in a constant state of self-criticism.

Hardships in my young life, including the suicide of my father, left me with the belief that life was just hard.

Unfortunately, I also thought that it wasn’t supposed to be and that something was wrong with me because I had so much pain in my life. My head swirled with shame wondering, “What’s wrong with me? Why can’t I get over this, or that?”

My solution to the pain I felt was to basically wage war on myself and conquer all of the difficult feelings I experienced.

I truly believed that I just needed to figure out the right formula, accomplishments, and milestones, and then I wouldn’t have these painful feelings and I would finally feel okay in my skin.

Why Letting Ourselves Feel Bad Is the Key to Feeling Better

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Tiny Buddha healing?

“Growth begins when we begin to accept our weaknesses.” -Jean Vanier

I used to believe the word “healed” had a very specific meaning. In my mind, it described a state of perfection that always looked very different from the chronic health challenges I endured.

Being born with VACTERL Association, a birth disorder that causes malformations in six of the body’s systems, meant that I entered the world needing a lot of fixes. There were surgeries, hospitalizations, treatments, and medications aimed at perfecting something inherently imperfect.

Read more -

You Don’t Need to Fix Yourself to Be Healed

Cheers!