• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some Insight Into What Cops In My Area Are Like

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Detroit cops have a culture of drunkenness, violence,
racism, sexism, perjury, & impunity. Departments
take no action against bad cops, & keep them
on the job.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Bicyclist asks a cop for directions.
Cop gives them. Bicyclist later asks
for directions from at a restaurant.
Cop is offended by this, & beats the
crap out of the bicyclist, who has
lasting injuries even after surgery.
The result....
Dearborn MI taxpayers pay him $9,200,000.
Cop isn't punished, & remains on the job.

End qualified immunity.
Make these cops pay, & put them in prison.
Moral: Don't talk to cops.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Turns out I got to help pay for a pig to remodel his home.
BAKERSFIELD — When Scot Kimble wanted to fix up and sell a house he owned in Southern California, the small-town Central Valley police chief didn’t hire a contractor.

Instead, he sent one of his officers to San Bernardino County with a tool belt instead of a holster to remodel his home, according to the Kern County District Attorney and a civil lawsuit, and then doctored city payroll records to use public money to pay for the work.

On Friday, the veteran lawman pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge connected to the allegations, first exposed last fall in “California’s Criminal Cops,” an investigative series from a coalition of news organizations coordinated by the Bay Area News Group.

The report found more than 80 officers with criminal convictions, including everything from DUI to fraud to manslaughter, still working in law enforcement in California, which is one of only five states that does nothing to revoke the badges of problem cops — even when they break the law.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
End qualified immunity.
It's pathetic how paranoid and fundamentally mistrusting and scared of people the Supreme Court has been given their thoughts that have defended that and other frightening and flagrant police abuses.
Truly, the SC is their top enabler.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's pathetic how paranoid and fundamentally mistrusting and scared of people the Supreme Court has been given their thoughts that have defended that and other frightening and flagrant police abuses.
Truly, the SC is their top enabler.
The kid that got choked & beat up by those
3 cops just got a $9,300,000 verdict in court.
It took several years for this false arrest to
yield this result. The kid is still suffering
injury.
The taxpayers will pay. The cops will skate.
End qualified immunity now.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Cop sucker punches & savagely beats a prisoner.
He's now on paid vacation, & will face misdemeanor
charges. Beating a prisoner is just a minor violation
for cops.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dearborn MI:
Man asks cop for directions.
Man later asks for directions at White Castle.
Cop rages at this, & brutally assaulted man.
Man needed surgery for injuries.
Permanent disability.
Dearborn & union defend cop's actions.
Jury finds otherwise, awarding man $9,300,000.
Taxpayers will pay, not the cop or his union.
The cop was promoted to detective.

For thorough coverage & legal analysis, I offer....

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This is a longish but fascinating video showing how cops believe
they're above the law, & expect preferential treatment from other
cops. Even when this one is arrested for a DUI, he's still treated
better than a civilian would be. Notice the perp's behavior as he
resists arrest. It's incredible that such an immature & irresponsible
person could not only be a cop, but rank rather high.
Revoltistan is in Washtenaw County, where this cop is a lieutenant.
Watch some other drunk driving arrests. That sort of behavior does not appear to be due to an attempted abuse of power. I have seen the same feeling from people that had no such power. It is merely typical drunk driver behavior. And there are examples of officers being more patient than that. That was a run of the mill arrest. The arresting officer tried to make it easier for him by explaining the consequences, but they tend to do that for everyone.

Drunk drivers are the worst. I can see leniency for the first arrest, but it takes far too many drunk driving arrests for this to become a felony. The problem is that too many lawmakers drink and drive. I would say at the very least the third arrest should be a felony. But it is often the fifth or even more before it becomes a felony in almost all states.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Watch some other drunk driving arrests.
There's no need to tell me to watch others.
I've seen many. Prolly far more than you have.
That sort of behavior does not appear to be due to an attempted abuse of power. I have seen the same feeling from people that had no such power. It is merely typical drunk driver behavior. And there are examples of officers being more patient than that. That was a run of the mill arrest. The arresting officer tried to make it easier for him by explaining the consequences, but they tend to do that for everyone.

Drunk drivers are the worst. I can see leniency for the first arrest, but it takes far too many drunk driving arrests for this to become a felony. The problem is that too many lawmakers drink and drive. I would say at the very least the third arrest should be a felony. But it is often the fifth or even more before it becomes a felony in almost all states.
I was once run down by a drunk driver.
I've no sympathy for them.
Nonetheless, cops shouldn't abuse civilians
unconstitutionally, nor should drunk cops &
connected civilians get special treatment.

Drunkards who drive impaired shows moral
failure & a danger to the public. They should
not be cops.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There's no need to tell me to watch others.
I've seen many. Prolly far more than you have.

I was once run down by a drunk driver.
I've no sympathy for them.
Nonetheless, cops shouldn't abuse civilians
unconstitutionally, nor should drunk cops &
connected civilians get special treatment.
I did not see any special treatment for that cop. The man that pulled hm over was not going to let him go.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Watch some other drunk driving arrests. That sort of behavior does not appear to be due to an attempted abuse of power. I have seen the same feeling from people that had no such power. It is merely typical drunk driver behavior. And there are examples of officers being more patient than that. That was a run of the mill arrest. The arresting officer tried to make it easier for him by explaining the consequences, but they tend to do that for everyone.

Answer, don't drink and drive, it's a bloody stupid thing to do to put other people at risk of death because the driver gets drunk.

Over this side of the pond different countries have different limits, in france its very strict 50mg alcohol per 100ml blood* its a fine, over 80mg there is no second chances, if proven guilty your license to drive is withdrawn and you are banned from driving for up yo 3 years

* A couple of years ago i was stopped and breathalysed. I don't drink so the reading was 0.0. the cop was surprised and not sure what to do, everyone has a lunchtime tipple here. He looked at the breathalyser, looked at me. Walked over to his oppo to show him, had a quick discussion and sent me on my way.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I did not see any special treatment for that cop. The man that pulled hm over was not going to let him go.
Given the perp's refusal to exit the car, he
was treated with more deference & tolerance
than civilians usually receive.
Notice how the cop complains about being
put in a "horrible position" (for having to
arrest a fellow cop). He even addresses the
drunk by his first name. This clearly shows
special concern not afforded civilians.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Answer, don't drink and drive, it's a bloody stupid thing to do to put other people at risk of death because the driver gets drunk.
Odd it is that our cops still drive drunk.
Fortunately, body cameras & cel phones have curbed this....to some extent.
(A deputy sheriff who worked for me kept his sheriff cap on his
dash so that he'd get a pass when drunk. He was proud of this.
This is him....
Over this side of the pond different countries have different limits, in france its very strict 50mg alcohol per 100ml blood* its a fine, over 80mg there is no second chances, if proven guilty your license to drive is withdrawn and you are banned from driving for up yo 3 years

* A couple of years ago i was stopped and breathalysed. I don't drink so the reading was 0.0. the cop was surprised and not sure what to do, everyone has a lunchtime tipple here. He looked at the breathalyser, looked at me. Walked over to his oppo to show him, had a quick discussion and sent me on my way.
Here, you can be arrested for DUI even if you
pass the gymnastics & breathalyzer tests.
It's all up to the cop's discretion to ignore
those positive results, & take you in for
more comprehensive tests. This happens
to many people who were sober.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

If you watch drunk driving videos from the US you will notice one thing that all drunk drivers have in common. They all only had two drinks. Whether two beers, two glasses of wine. two shots. Never any more than that. And yet they often blow a 0.15% blood alcohol rating.

I had to look it up to make sure that the figures are the same. Here the standard for drunk driving is .08% BAV, blood alcohol by volume. That is saying the same thing as your rating. We just had to have it in terms other than metric because metric is hard:rolleyes: We do not have a fine for .05%, but if one is underaged that would be also be a drunk driving ticket. In fact it is lower than that. It varies from state to stat but can be just .01 or .02 BAV%. That would be 10 or 20 mg per 100 ml.

Oops, I just realized. Yours is a mass measure and ours is a volume measure. Our amount is about 20% less than yours since alcohol is less dense than water. Our drunk driving starts early. about 60 to 64 mg per 100 ml. But it is clearly less severe. A female friend recently got a DUI. She had to have an interlock device installed for over half a year. To start her car she had to give a breath sample. The first month or so it actually forces you to pull over randomly to give another test. The car gives you enough warning to pull over and park. Then one has to give a breath sample before it lets you drive again.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Given the perp's refusal to exit the car, he
was treated with more deference & tolerance
than civilians usually receive.
Notice how the cop complains about being
put in a "horrible position" (for having to
arrest a fellow cop). He even addresses the
drunk by his first name. This clearly shows
special concern not afforded civilians.
Did you miss the violent action against the cop right at the start? And this guy was much much more intoxicated than the officer in your earlier video. One look at his face and you could see that he was drunk. He was drunk and violent. Of course he got different treatment.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Did you miss the violent action against the cop right at the start? And this guy was much much more intoxicated than the officer in your earlier video. One look at his face and you could see that he was drunk. He was drunk and violent. Of course he got different treatment.
I compare treatment of drunk cop to drunk civilian.
Cops are treated with much more circumspection.
We must agree to disagree on this.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If you watch drunk driving videos from the US you will notice one thing that all drunk drivers have in common. They all only had two drinks. Whether two beers, two glasses of wine. two shots. Never any more than that. And yet they often blow a 0.15% blood alcohol rating.
Perhaps you watch too few videos.
Many drivers have had more than 2 drinks.
I had to look it up to make sure that the figures are the same. Here the standard for drunk driving is .08% BAV, blood alcohol by volume. That is saying the same thing as your rating. We just had to have it in terms other than metric because metric is hard:rolleyes: We do not have a fine for .05%, but if one is underaged that would be also be a drunk driving ticket. In fact it is lower than that. It varies from state to stat but can be just .01 or .02 BAV%. That would be 10 or 20 mg per 100 ml.
Excerpted....
It is a crime for a driver to have a bodily alcohol content (BAC) of .08 or greater if over age 21 or .02 or greater if under 21. In addition, Michigan has a high-BAC law with enhanced penalties for anyone caught driving with a BAC of .17 or higher.
Oops, I just realized. Yours is a mass measure and ours is a volume measure. Our amount is about 20% less than yours since alcohol is less dense than water. Our drunk driving starts early. about 60 to 64 mg per 100 ml. But it is clearly less severe. A female friend recently got a DUI. She had to have an interlock device installed for over half a year. To start her car she had to give a breath sample. The first month or so it actually forces you to pull over randomly to give another test. The car gives you enough warning to pull over and park. Then one has to give a breath sample before it lets you drive again.
When I become dictator, her interlock would be for life.
This would be after she gets out of prison for drunk driving.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I compare treatment of drunk cop to drunk civilian.
Cops are treated with much more circumspection.
We must agree to disagree on this.
If a person is not violent the cops can be painfully patient. I have watched too many drunk driving arrests. In your example one look at his face and I thought "He is WASTED" and that was before the violent yank on the door. You do not do that to a cop, especially when drunk.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If a person is not violent the cops can be painfully patient.
"Can be" is crucial.
They often aren't.
I have watched too many drunk driving arrests. In your example one look at his face and I thought "He is WASTED" and that was before the violent yank on the door. You do not do that to a cop, especially when drunk.
We do not want cops (or anyone else) driving drunk.
It should indicate their incompatibility with the
responsibility of having deadly authority over civilians.

The cop in the OP video wasn't fired, but he did lose
his badge.