• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Solving the nightmares problem

agorman

Premium Member
I feel good when I put the image of the black goat god on my altar; it has nice effects on my health, but at night I have nightmares with black beings that attack me violently, stubbornly, with uncontrollable rage! I remove the image and the nightmares stop. And this is the second time I remove it because of nightmares. Did that ever happen to you? How did you solve the problem?

I repeated "My true self protects me" 3 times before going to bed and wore an inverted pentagram, but it was of no use.

BTW, what did I do to dark beings to earn such hatred? Or is it just that they attack because I'm vulnerable somehow?

Kapalika

Premium Member
In my experience, that means you have unresolved issues. You are angry with yourself or have a lot of buried fear.

I experienced something similar for some time when I first started out and it never totally went away because I'm a generally miserable person who's issue that manifests it persists.

But you know what I found helped? Learning to accept myself and what I am, and work on to change that of myself that is destructive to myself and others. I continually found this to be the answer presented to me in my conversations with Satanic entities.

If you haven't already, I would strongly suggest you don't dive into any magical working as you need to find the source of your conflict before you can safely go forward. Take it from me as someone who didn't, you will be much better off if you go the safer route.

If you have, I'd suggest you pull out and ground yourself back to reality. Take a little break, then try to address your problems rationally and critically. Work out what it is inside of you that's allowed you to manifest these nightmares and work on that in your life. When you think you've at least not allowed it to control you, you can resume your magical practice.

Satanism is ultimately a path of self-empowerment and overcoming adversity through individualization and perseverance. So it's part of the process and you gotta approach it with sincerity and not try to rush things too fast if it gets really intense or negative like you described. In my own experience trying to do that will burn you out for a while and delay progress.

It's time to face your Shadow. (This is why you use Baphomet on your altar--to access your Shadow.)
Shadow (psychology) - Wikipedia

By the sounds of it, I can't say he is ready yet. I would urge caution as doing something prematurely can have pretty bad effects on mental health. Neither of us know him personally well enough based on his posts to be the judge of what kind of person he is or if he is ready. This can be dangerous territory especially if there is any mental illness known or not with the practitioner. What I do know of the poster, based on what they have said before, is that they are fairly new to Satanism.

I mean, this is Satanism we are talking about. It's not exactly something you just go off and do without preparation. Okay, maybe people often do, but that doesn't mean it's wise. This is potent stuff, you know?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
In my experience, that means you have unresolved issues. You are angry with yourself or have a lot of buried fear.

I experienced something similar for some time when I first started out and it never totally went away because I'm a generally miserable person who's issue that manifests it persists.

But you know what I found helped? Learning to accept myself and what I am, and work on to change that of myself that is destructive to myself and others. I continually found this to be the answer presented to me in my conversations with Satanic entities.

If you haven't already, I would strongly suggest you don't dive into any magical working as you need to find the source of your conflict before you can safely go forward. Take it from me as someone who didn't, you will be much better off if you go the safer route.

If you have, I'd suggest you pull out and ground yourself back to reality. Take a little break, then try to address your problems rationally and critically. Work out what it is inside of you that's allowed you to manifest these nightmares and work on that in your life. When you think you've at least not allowed it to control you, you can resume your magical practice.

Satanism is ultimately a path of self-empowerment and overcoming adversity through individualization and perseverance. So it's part of the process and you gotta approach it with sincerity and not try to rush things too fast if it gets really intense or negative like you described. In my own experience trying to do that will burn you out for a while and delay progress.

It's time to face your Shadow. (This is why you use Baphomet on your altar--to access your Shadow.)
Shadow (psychology) - Wikipedia

By the sounds of it, I can't say he is ready yet. I would urge caution as doing something prematurely can have pretty bad effects on mental health. Neither of us know him personally well enough based on his posts to be the judge of what kind of person he is or if he is ready. This can be dangerous territory especially if there is any mental illness known or not with the practitioner. What I do know of the poster, based on what they have said before, is that they are fairly new to Satanism.

I mean, this is Satanism we are talking about. It's not exactly something you just go off and do without preparation. Okay, maybe people often do, but that doesn't mean it's wise. This is potent stuff, you know?
The first half of your post is how you go about facing your Shadow. (At least that's how I go about it. ;) Your mileage may vary.)

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
I feel good when I put the image of the black goat god on my altar; it has nice effects on my health, but at night I have nightmares with black beings that attack me violently, stubbornly, with uncontrollable rage! I remove the image and the nightmares stop. And this is the second time I remove it because of nightmares. Did that ever happen to you? How did you solve the problem?

I repeated "My true self protects me" 3 times before going to bed and wore an inverted pentagram, but it was of no use.

BTW, what did I do to dark beings to earn such hatred? Or is it just that they attack because I'm vulnerable somehow?

It may help to consider how godlike one can potentially be when one is dreaming. If you are being attacked, go on the offensive with powers only accessible to you in your dream worlds. Enjoy it, even. Become the nightmare of nightmares.

crossfire

Premium Member
It may help to consider how godlike one can potentially be when one is dreaming. If you are being attacked, go on the offensive with powers only accessible to you in your dream worlds. Enjoy it, even. Become the nightmare of nightmares.

That's another way of confronting your Shadow.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Did that ever happen to you? How did you solve the problem?

From experience I have never really experienced any "Nightmares" by putting imagery and symbols next to my bed. The only Nightmare I had one time was being stabbed by Charles Manson.

agorman

Premium Member
So far I solved the problem by putting protection runes on my altar.

That's right Mandi; I've been struggling with suicidal feelings these days because I recently lost my job and although I intend to start a very small business I have no idea how will that turn out. It's probably those feelings that attracted astral predators. BTW, finding another job without contacts here in Argentina is very difficult; candidates with more than 35 years old are automatically rejected.

To fight those feelings I'm concentrating on runes such as Eihwaz and recalling that suicide solves nothing. I would reincarnate and eventually end up in the same situation. So I have to change my mind in this current life somehow to become successful.

Anyway, most important is that I can finally have Satan/goat god as my teacher and guide.

Kapalika

Premium Member
The first half of your post is how you go about facing your Shadow. (At least that's how I go about it. ;) Your mileage may vary.)

I guess I was more imagining you were meaning a ritualistic confrontation in which one would be in a suggestive state (which you need to be in to do magic anyway).

Maybe I should of clarified that one shouldn't use magic for dealing with this kind of thing in some cases, since it presents a certain inherent risk psychologically.

Last edited:

crossfire

Premium Member
I guess I was more imagining you were meaning a ritualistic confrontation in which one would be in a suggestive state (which you need to be in to do magic anyway).

Maybe I should of clarified that one shouldn't use magic for dealing with this kind of thing in some cases, since it presents a certain inherent risk psychologically.
Agreed. You want to bring the problem into consciousness in order to resolve the problem intelligently. A ritualistic confrontation might repress the problem further, or intensify the problem.