• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sobriety Journal

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Going to go panhandling for food and spare change. I won't spend it on anything mind altering this time.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
It's so hard to quit when a chemical fix seems to work such a miracle at times.

It might be a good time to remind you that it was a 'chemical fix' that led to your suffering when you jumped off of a building.

You know where that road leads. Is 14 hours of bliss worth weeks or months of suffering?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It might be a good time to remind you that it was a 'chemical fix' that led to your suffering when you jumped off of a building.

You know where that road leads. Is 14 hours of bliss worth weeks or months of suffering?
You are correct.
I'm not using the chemical that caused those problems and that is one justification, but I know better. I just don't find reward in other things like I do in drugs.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
My New years resolution is to stay clean and sober.

Your higher power made it very clear. God, his Mother, the Capitol Hill Queens, and the Kami have made it awfully clear that they want you to stop using drugs. Now, after 2020 begins, any fervor you get from drug use, and any prayer inspired by the drugs is worthless. You make them happy when you receive only spiritual intoxication and say no to chemicals.

Carry the cross of sobriety. Be a man. The more you deal with life sober, the stronger your tolerance to suffering gets, the greater and more numerous your coping skills become.

Offer up the pains and discomforts and depressions of sobriety for all those people out there who are broken hearted, depressed, scared, dying, lost, abandoned, lonely, sick, persecuted, tortured, enslaved, or those who are committing suicide. Offer up your sacrifice for them. Suffer with them and the crucified Christ. Be always assisting them with your prayers and blessings. Stop being selfish and always think to yourself, how am I spending my time, and is it helping those who are in agony. If not, don't waste time doing it.