• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, You Want to Heal the Nation?

Wandering Monk

When everyone who participated in the seditious riot at the US Capitol is arrested and charged, and when all the violent extremists in the US have been arrested and imprisoned, then we can talk about healing.

We can all do our part by paying attention, scouring the FBI images of wanted rioters, and reporting anyone we know who was there participating. Then, keep your ears and eyes wide open and report anyone you suspect may be plotting political violence against our government.

74x12

When everyone who participated in the seditious riot at the US Capitol is arrested and charged, and when all the violent extremists in the US have been arrested and imprisoned, then we can talk about healing.

We can all do our part by paying attention, scouring the FBI images of wanted rioters, and reporting anyone we know who was there participating. Then, keep your ears and eyes wide open and report anyone you suspect may be plotting political violence against our government.
That's not healing. That's your vendetta. You want revenge.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Even if they are all arrested, I doubt that will bring healing.

What do you think will bring healing? For the right? For the left? Those who aren't either?

Cooky

Veteran Member
I just hope they don't get so crazy they try and assassinate Biden or Harris. That would be a real wake-up call for this nation if that happened. It would lead to a civil war, because the left would try to ban guns and the right would rebel.

...Knock on wood that doesn't happen.

Wandering Monk

Even if they are all arrested, I doubt that will bring healing.

What do you think will bring healing? For the right? For the left? Those who aren't either?

Recognition that extremist will be imprisoned, that justice will be meted out. Should make wannabes think twice.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Recognition that extremist will be imprisoned, that justice will be meted out. Should make wannabes think twice.

I certainly hope so, but that isn't healing. That's repressing. And while this kind of thing should be repressed, it still won't heal the wounds that seem to exist in this country.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I just hope they don't get so crazy they try and assassinate Biden or Harris. That would be a real wake-up call for this nation if that happened. It would lead to a civil war, because the left would try to ban guns and the right would rebel.

...Knock on wood that doesn't happen.
I can totally see this backwatds country politicizing the hell out of such a thing.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ah, the old "up against the wall" approach.

Isn't that pretty much the approach taken by the Phillippines under Marcos, Chile under Pinochet, Spain under Franco, Italy under Mussolini, Germany under Hitler, Argentina under Videla, Cambodia under Pol Pot, &c. &c?
How did work out there?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
It would lead to a civil war, because the left would try to ban guns and the right would rebel.
The motion to ban guns has never been entertained nor has it ever been drafted. I am tired of having to say it.

Cooky

Veteran Member
The motion to ban guns has never been entertained nor has it ever been drafted. I am tired of having to say it.

But if someone assassinates a president in this day and age, Especially Biden or Harris, protests might emerge, causing intense milital provocation between polarized groups!

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
But if someone assassinates a president in this day and age, Especially Biden or Harris, protests might emerge, causing intense milital provocation between polarized groups!
Speculation, nothing else.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
That's not healing. That's your vendetta. You want revenge.

I don't know about vendettas or revenge, but I agree that what the OP proposes has little to nothing to do with healing. Healing would be a proposal to increase awareness of mental/physical health and provide better mental/physical health services for all tho are in need of them.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

I'd like to know why they were carrying the Confederate flag, too.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

You got your priorities straight. Huge point, though. If we drop the ball on getting at and solving the root problems causing and contributing to this, we'll be dealing with insurrections from here on out until the end of America. And more than insurrections.

Last, we'd best learn to walk and chew gum at the same time.