• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So who likes to run?

Zephyr

Moved on
johnnys4life said:
I can't run at all but I used to like jogging. Swimming is definately my favorite though.
Someone give this gal a cookie!

When it comes time for the great revolution, you landlubbers will cower in fear at the power of the swimmers. I suggest you all repent while you have the chance.

Crystallas

Mr_Spinkles said:
Wow! That's a lot of running....did you run marathons?
Wait, you dont have to run that much to feel good? Id have to run 10 miles to get anything close to a workout high. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong.

LOL, jk, no, I was an infantry soldier. We ran 6-12 miles in the morning, and 3-6 miles in the afternoon. But before my arches started to collapse, I liked to run on my own too... so on the weekend I would go to the beach and run too, it was a great workout to run in the sand. I would go from one part of the island, up this small mountain and down it. It was 4.5 miles up the mountain, and the view was so pleasant that I wouldnt think about my pace or if i was tired, then I would shoot back down. Sometimes going downhill is a lot worse that uphill LOL, but that view made all of my problems go away for a few hours. I guess once you run hard for a good 30 minutes, everything after that feels the same, and you can go for however long you want. I also did the Honolulu Marathon 3 times, but I did it with my unit, so its not the same as training up for one. I wish I wasnt unable to run like I used to... now that you mention it, it would be nice to enter a marathon.

Hope

Princesinha
Crystallas said:
I guess once you run hard for a good 30 minutes, everything after that feels the same, and you can go for however long you want.
Amen. I remember when I was training for the half-marathons, that once I got up to a certain mileage, my running became almost effortless. Your body gets in a 'zone', so to speak. Automatic pilot. It's a great feeling. I did find too, that after a really long run, I had more of a 'runner's high.' I love that feeling. :)

Yerda

Veteran Member
I went a run for the first time in over a week today. Took my sister's dog. Yorkshire terriers are poor company.

I haven't run in a week now, because I've been so darn busy with my summer classes....I could really use some exercise, though. Don't you just hate it when you feel like you're in good shape, and then you become busy and can't run for a while, and you have to start over again?

When I run tomorrow, it's not going to be pretty...