• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So what's wrong with UKIP?

Yerda

Veteran Member
It is actually toward the bottom of the report.
That's the single paragraph I referred to.

Have you read anything that suggests green taxes are crippling UK manufacturing?

Ultimatum said:
The treasurer of UKIP takes the donations. The treasurer of UKIP does not represent or reflect upon policy. If one wants to donate to UKIP's cause, then I'm sure it will be taken in good faith. Is one to vet every single donor that wants to contribute?
It will not divert the cause of UKIP, as Nigel, who is has the final word in the party, has been campaigning for the same thing for 20 years. He is very different from the mainstream parties' leaders, as they, quite frankly, take the same social democratic view on every issue that pops up.
You are a believer.

Ultimatum said:
Both the Conservatives and UKIP have not ruled out a coalition. If, and it will be the case, it's a choice between Labour and the Conservatives at the G.E., well, let's be honest, we don't want Labour in power. We want to, at the very least, make sure that we have a fair referendum on EU membership.
Well at least we can agree that we don't want Labour in power. I would take UKIP before Labour but the worst thing that could possibly happen is another five years of the Tories and that seems to be what we'll get if UKIP wins any seats. I'm fortunate enough to live in Scotland where there will be some shielding from the ideological assault on the common good, but England and Wales can probably kiss what's left of their NHS goodbye and forget about social saftey nets under the Tories.

Ultimatum said:
No, economics talks about the potential cost of pollutants on companies. Science talks about the effects of pollutants on the environment.
Economics talks about 'externalities' which include pollutants expelled into the environment.

Externality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In terms of carbon taxation, companies who are forced to pay for carbon emissions are merely being asked to cover the costs of production rather than pass it on to society.

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
That's the single paragraph I referred to.

Have you read anything that suggests green taxes are crippling UK manufacturing?

Through the renewable energy scheme, companies up and down the country face an energy bill that is 20% higher than it would be on the free market. You don't have to read anything to put two and two together and say that, actually, it is an unnecessary cost on our companies, especially the smaller ones, who now struggle, even more, to compete globally.
And for individuals, using the figure of £300,000/year in subsidizing every wind turbine, it means that British people pay a bill that is around 15% higher than it would be on the free market. And we have to do it to meet EU benchmarks.

You are a believer.

And what is this supposed to mean? That the treasurer of an organisation is not the one who handles the finances? The the CEO/Director/Executive is to take up an accountancy course so that he is able to micromanage every transaction?
Okay..

Well at least we can agree that we don't want Labour in power. I would take UKIP before Labour but the worst thing that could possibly happen is another five years of the Tories and that seems to be what we'll get if UKIP wins any seats.

Well if the Conservatives win the G.E., then they were going to win anyway. And remember, we don't want Labour to win, so UKIP getting a large share of the vote and forming a coalition, under the right conditions, is a step up over an Ed Millipede government.

I'm fortunate enough to live in Scotland where there will be some shielding from the ideological assault on the common good, but England and Wales can probably kiss what's left of their NHS goodbye and forget about social saftey nets under the Tories.

I believe that after the T.V. debates take place (if Mr. Cameron is not chicken), and Nigel Farage wins it, UKIP's share of the vote will shoot up at the expense of Conservative/Labour votes. Anything could happen.
And remember, it's not about how many seats a party holds, but what share of the vote they hold.

Economics talks about 'externalities' which include pollutants expelled into the environment.

Externality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In terms of carbon taxation, companies who are forced to pay for carbon emissions are merely being asked to cover the costs of production rather than pass it on to society.

Currently we find no evidence, in this country, that pollution affects the public health on a large scale.
The smog storms that we find around the country are due to the winds from the Saharan, Spanish, and African storms

Mequa

Neo-Epicurean
What's wrong with UKIP?

Hmm, let's see. Besides the glaring issues with right wing populism, which I'd be happy to elaborate on: You can start with the narcissistic weasel running the party.
I honestly have a problem with anyone who is impressed by him.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
What's wrong with UKIP?

Hmm, let's see. Besides the glaring issues with right wing populism, which I'd be happy to elaborate on: You can start with the narcissistic weasel running the party.

Add to that him being a Wall Street shill whose only after whatever is in your pocket.

Fortunately the party won't last: all **** eventually dries up and blows away.

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
Besides the glaring issues with right wing populism which I'd be happy to elaborate on

Please happily elaborate on these glaring issues.

You can start with the narcissistic weasel running the party.

Narcissistic could be used to describe any party leader. Although, I tend to refrain from using ad hominems concerning people's personal characteristics.

Add to that him being a Wall Street shill whose only after whatever is in your pocket.

Do you have any resources to back this up?

Fortunately the party won't last: all **** eventually dries up and blows away.

Since pre-2010, UKIP support has grown by the millions. This party clearly appeals to a big chunk of the electorate.
Come the day of voting, I am sure that many UKIP supporters will vote for the Labour or Conservative parties for the sake of tactical voting, but this is something that is unfortunately needed using a FPTP system of democracy.