• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So what is everyone's thoughts on this documentary on evolution ?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
No problem but the whole thing of fish like creatures to lizard to mouse to mammal to monkey type creatures to finally us just seems so unbelievable.

Yeah, now imagine the following. Consider a picture of your morther, now of your morther's morther and so on back through time. There will be gradually changes between every morther and dauther, but over time all back through time you will see a picture of a mother, who is not human.

Sir Joseph

It's rare to see someone on any website forum anymore mocking evolutionary theory. Yes, the video starts out with an unbelievable history of mans' origins, yet the masses worldwide are being taught this lie to the point that it's now accepted as fact.

I understand why atheists hold to this theory since its essential to their godless world view.

I understand why ignorant people hold to this theory because it's been taught to them throughout their school lives and present culture.

But, I don't understand how professing Christians and Catholics can hold to a theory that specifically undermines the foundational scriptures of their faith.

Hitler got one thing right: "If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.” Unfortunately, we live in a culture today of relativism, where not only (Biblical) objective truth is dismissed, but also imperical evidence. Evolution is the gateway to this new world view.

Massimo2002

It's rare to see someone on any website forum anymore mocking evolutionary theory. Yes, the video starts out with an unbelievable history of mans' origins, yet the masses worldwide are being taught this lie to the point that it's now accepted as fact.

I understand why atheists hold to this theory since its essential to their godless world view.

I understand why ignorant people hold to this theory because it's been taught to them throughout their school lives and present culture.

But, I don't understand how professing Christians and Catholics can hold to a theory that specifically undermines the foundational scriptures of their faith.

Hitler got one thing right: "If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.” Unfortunately, we live in a culture today of relativism, where not only (Biblical) objective truth is dismissed, but also imperical evidence. Evolution is the gateway to this new world view.
I agree but what is really interesting is that they push this as if it's undeniable science.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

It is a fact. A very supported, very demonstrable one.

Newsflash: the majority of theists accept evolution. This has nothing to do with atheism.
In fact, among elite scientists, biology has the highest number of theists.

"ignorant" people, like 99.7% of publishing scientists around the world? :shrug:

Maybe you should ask them to explain to you how they don't feel like it undermines their faith at all.
That seems to be merely a problem in your particular fundamentalist beliefs.

ALSO: if the evidence of reality doesn't agree with your faith based beliefs, it's not reality that is incorrect...

Talk about telling lies...................

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Well, I feel that way of all stories that confuse subjective and objective. But that is not just religion as far as I can tell.
With a scientific explanation we can get something a little more grounded in objectivity and with evidence to back it up.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
With a scientific explanation we can get something a little more grounded in objectivity and with evidence to back it up.

Yeah, but we can't always as non-theists agree on what science can do for all the lciams of how it works. But yes, we can have a life without being theists.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Yeah, but we can't always as non-theists agree on what science can do for all the lciams of how it works. But yes, we can have a life without being theists.
What I appreciate about science is that it never claims to be absolute or perfect. I find that more approachable. And the methodology behind it seems like the best way to find answers. Nothing is perfect.

I have a religion and it has a "creation" and "destruction" narrative. These are clearly stories and symbolism. They, however, do not contradict or conflict with science. They're just symbolism. If any of it's story begins to contradict basic scientific knowledge then it's discarded as gobbledygook.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Me personally I laughed at some parts because it just seems so ludicrous.

No problem but the whole thing of fish like creatures to lizard to mouse to mammal to monkey type creatures to finally us just seems so unbelievable.
Oh, jeez! Yet another thread by those who wouldn't know science from seance, purporting to tell us everything about how the world works without ever opening a text book or picking up a shovel and starting to dig. And in so doing, telling the world that all those educated, hard-working people who have contributed to the actual science are deluded and wrong, and they know this because they've got a book written thousands of years ago by people who knew even less science than they do.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Oh, jeez! Yet another thread by those who wouldn't know science from seance, purporting to tell us everything about how the world works without ever opening a text book or picking up a shovel and starting to dig. And in so doing, telling the world that all those educated, hard-working people who have contributed to the actual science are deluded and wrong, and they know this because they've got a book written thousands of years ago by people who knew even less science than they do.

Well, yes.
But there are no wrong people as with evidence for that. That is what I have also learned reading science.