• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So God gives you a free pass...

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
One of these things is not like the other...:beach:

Well...actually...and I am physically wincing as I type this...it depends on what flavour of Abrahamic God we're talking about, and which Biblical interpretation we're running with.
But plenty of Christians would see homosexuality as a sin. He wasn't actually equating each of the sins listed, just talking about actions that would be permissable and still allow entry to Heaven under the premise of the OP.

But I know what you mean. Stands out like a sore thumb to me too.

Incidentally, the OP would make me (probably literally) crazy. I could torture homosexuals for a living and get into Heaven, whilst the homosexuals go to Hell? I know it's only a hypothetical, but it's too inconsistent for me to connect to, to be honest.

To what the OP is trying to prove, though...I wouldn't behave less morally knowing I have a free pass. In a very real sense, I already have that free pass. My actions on earth have no impact on what occurs to me after death. Yet I act morally. Go figure.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
You want to bow out that is fine with me.
I merely wanted you to define your terms.
You are the one getting ***** about semantics.

Whatever floats your boat.

I am not bowing out. I am merely warning you that I do not argue in an argument based solely around semantics.

I have added no additional definitions nor conations to the words you brought up yet you seem fixated on them nonetheless. Do you have an argument that is not centered around semantics? Also do you have an argument that is not based on strawmen?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Let's say that one day, God comes down and says to you, "Look, I like you, so I'm going to give you a free pass to Heaven. You can do whatever you want, and you'll never be punished for it. Not in this life, not after you die. No matter what you do, you are guaranteed to get into Heaven." And he also proves to you beyond any doubt that he is God. So for the purposes of this thread, take it that it is actually God who is giving you this, not Satan in disguise or anything.

So, if you were given this assurance by God, would you go out and become a killer, thief, rapist, etc?

Of course not there are laws against such things. Also in my illuminated present state I would have no desire to do anything contrary to the will of God.

Tiberius

Of course not there are laws against such things.

Not in your case. God has made it clear that there are no consequences at all.

Also in my illuminated present state I would have no desire to do anything contrary to the will of God.

How do you know it isn't God's will that you become a thief, murderer, etc and that's why he gave you the free pass?

Me Myself

Back to my username
Seriously, if I get a free pass , I am robbing the rich and giving to the poor.

Probably as a carreer choice :D