• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sluts are no different than studs

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Sorry, I don't know how you're using any of those words or their grammatical construction. Please parse your sentence. Thanks :)

Its simple enough. Using the definition of a word is accurate, using the word as you feel best suits you causes confusion or requires the other person to read minds.

Galateasdream

Its simple enough. Using the definition of a word is accurate, using the word as you feel best suits you causes confusion or requires the other person to read minds.

You don't use context in your interpretation of words?
Gosh, you must struggle with things like, "Bob kicked the bucket'.

Oh well.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Please provide the details. :). Let's play go fetch for a while ...

kick the bucket
phrase of kick

1. INFORMAL
    die.
    "when the old girl finally kicked the bucket there was no mention of yours truly in the will"

Just think, you could have done that yourself and been proud of your effort

Galateasdream

kick the bucket
phrase of kick

1. INFORMAL
    die.
    "when the old girl finally kicked the bucket there was no mention of yours truly in the will"

Just think, you could have done that yourself and been proud of your effort

That's not the full OED entry. Sorry, I consider that a fail. Please try again.

Galateasdream

It is actually the full oed definition so what's it like to be wrong?

No it isn't, because you didn't provide the etymological information or timelines. Are you just using the online free version, lol :)

Can you provide date, context and quotation for first usage, please.

ChristineM

Premium Member
No it isn't, because you didn't provide the etymological information or timelines. Are you just using the online free version, lol :)

Can you provide date, context and quotation for first usage, please.

Oxford Lexico has no need to provide etymology, it provides definition which is enough for this argument.

Galateasdream

Oxford Lexico has no need to provide etymology, it provides definition which is enough for this argument.

So you're admitting to not providing the full OED entry which you claimed to have provided? Oh dear, oh dear ... What was it you said to me? What's it like to be wrong? Dunno. I have a bad memory.

ChristineM

Premium Member
So you're admitting to not providing the full OED entry which you claimed to have provided? Oh dear, oh dear ... What was it you said to me? What's it like to be wrong? Dunno. I have a bad memory.

I have provided the full OED definition, which i claimed. I have not provided the irrelevant bull that massages your ego.

Galateasdream

Time to break out the memes:
tenor.gif