• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Singularity as God

idav

Being
Premium Member
As cosmologists study the origins, the universe has given some very good clues. Creationists suppose a creator responisble for the universe and everything in it. It makes sense to me that the energy and everything that is the universe to be god.

When looking deeper into the universe the trick of time allows us to see the beginning. Theory of relativity shows time doesnt really exist because the energy and matter at speed of light or huge mass is timeless. Only at the high enough energy rates like that of a singularity would qualify as god like power. Everything else would be a temporal version of god, trapped in a material state, but within being divine. In the beginning of the big bang, time would not exist until the high energy states cooled down enough to form what we know as matter.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
The obvious question is that if you think the universe is god - why not just call it 'the universe', and avoid all of the unecessary inferences?

What difference does it make to call the universe 'god'?

idav

Being
Premium Member
The obvious question is that if you think the universe is god - why not just call it 'the universe', and avoid all of the unecessary inferences?

What difference does it make to call the universe 'god'?

Cause of the god like powers like being timeless. The singularity would be a point where time wouldnt be a factor and no need to physically traverse time, many states could happen at once.

Draupadi

I think we may discover more powerful elements of space in the future. By the way people also conceive God as something that controls our lives and fates. I highly doubt that singularity falls into that category.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I think we may discover more powerful elements of space in the future. By the way people also conceive God as something that controls our lives and fates. I highly doubt that singularity falls into that category.
Singularity would be responsible for everything this universe is. Not a personal god, probably not.
Than why you used the word "Until" ? :)

The highest energies were doing things in timeless states. We get caught in time by slowing down and having lower energy frequencies relative to energies at the speed of light. Imagine god so powerful he goes the speed of light standing still.

Draupadi

Can you explain how a singularity decides our fate both at macro and micro levels OP? I can't quite grasp it.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
With no motion in the supposed "singularity",
and no further friction, gravity, direction or momemtum,
not to mention no velocity, where was there any heat from which to cool ?
~
Think about what inflation means, instead of thinking of it like an explosion.
No similarity there, until later with collisions with other entities, those entities coming into the cosmos exloding, then....
Etc, etc.................
~
'mud

idav

Being
Premium Member
Can you explain how a singularity decides our fate both at macro and micro levels OP? I can't quite grasp it.

At the micro state when something is doing something, it does so outside of time constraints. Once something is actually done, in theory, many simultaneous things can occur at once, so the singularity wouldn't be subject to fate, nor would our building blocks which are at the micro level. If our atoms and energies are fundamentally timeless what does that make us. We are merely a different form of the micro.

idav

Being
Premium Member
With no motion in the supposed "singularity",
and no further friction, gravity, direction or momemtum,
not to mention no velocity, where was there any heat from which to cool ?
~
Think about what inflation means, instead of thinking of it like an explosion.
No similarity there, until later with collisions with other entities, those entities coming into the cosmos exloding, then....
Etc, etc.................
~
'mud

I dont have any evidence the singularity was at a static state just evidence it wasnt aging.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I look at the singularity as possibly being omniscient but future events would not be written. Another theory I have come across that makes sense is the many worlds theory, so with that the singularity would create infinite amount of worlds and scenarios, we would just find ourselves in one of those states. Lots of this stuff sounds far-fetched but science is showing these things can be reality.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I wrote a piece but lost it...didn't save...internet crash !!
Like a water-spider's feet upon a still pond,
does the ripple move outward through the space of nothingness,
quite further than the void that is supposed to encapsulate it.
~
gravity waves......bah humbagh
those ripples are still moving ?
and coming from where, what happened to the BANG ?
BAH....
~
Have to go....later mate
'mud

Last edited by a moderator:

jtartar

As cosmologists study the origins, the universe has given some very good clues. Creationists suppose a creator responisble for the universe and everything in it. It makes sense to me that the energy and everything that is the universe to be god.

When looking deeper into the universe the trick of time allows us to see the beginning. Theory of relativity shows time doesnt really exist because the energy and matter at speed of light or huge mass is timeless. Only at the high enough energy rates like that of a singularity would qualify as god like power. Everything else would be a temporal version of god, trapped in a material state, but within being divine. In the beginning of the big bang, time would not exist until the high energy states cooled down enough to form what we know as matter.

Idav,
Another opine for your consideration!!
The very idea of a supposed singularity is extreme dereism. This idea would be against all known laws that have been discovered, in the universe.
It is against all law to believe that everything in this universe could be compressed into a so- called singularity. Since says that if you just took all the space out of every Adam that makes up this earth, it would be larger than a softball. A Singularity???
Big Bang Theory, is just as ridiculous!! Scientific law says that an explosion causes chaos, the larger the explosion, the greater the chaos. How, exactly did the Big Bang cause The Cosmos, which is the epitome of ORDER???
Please look up the term, Epistemological Perdicament, and then think on this term, also, Ps 146:3,4, Jere 17:5, Prov 3:5,6.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
This is not a God concept that has any meaning to life.

What you say may be fine but I wouldn't use the word 'God'. The word 'God' in standard usage implies a being with consciousness; not just matter and energy.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Moses invented God....as we now know it, the Cosmos was first.
Believe, or not......The Cosmos = Chaos, as does life.
~
The Big Bang theory is just plain old foolishness, there can't be a "void",
never was ! There aren't ripples out there either, no waves or ripples,
just collisions and new creation, maybe there are some gods being created also.
~
Randomicity=Cosmos=life=reality=rationality.
Like I said before, reality is memory, goes and then comes again.
~
nuff stuff
'mud

idav

Being
Premium Member
Idav,
Another opine for your consideration!!
The very idea of a supposed singularity is extreme dereism. This idea would be against all known laws that have been discovered, in the universe.
It is against all law to believe that everything in this universe could be compressed into a so- called singularity. Since says that if you just took all the space out of every Adam that makes up this earth, it would be larger than a softball. A Singularity???
Big Bang Theory, is just as ridiculous!! Scientific law says that an explosion causes chaos, the larger the explosion, the greater the chaos. How, exactly did the Big Bang cause The Cosmos, which is the epitome of ORDER???
Please look up the term, Epistemological Perdicament, and then think on this term, also, Ps 146:3,4, Jere 17:5, Prov 3:5,6.
To the contrary, Big Bang does go with what science continues to discover.

See this article.
Gravitational waves discovery: 'We have a first tantalising glimpse of the cosmic birth pangs' | Science | The Observer
Cosmos is epitome of order? But what about the existence of entropy?
Laws say matter and energy can't be created or destroyed so that law is a bit tough on any said deity. Entropy just says that the energy will stay balanced as the cosmos unfold.
Moses invented God....as we now know it, the Cosmos was first.
Believe, or not......The Cosmos = Chaos, as does life.
~
The Big Bang theory is just plain old foolishness, there can't be a "void",
never was ! There aren't ripples out there either, no waves or ripples,
just collisions and new creation, maybe there are some gods being created also.
~
Randomicity=Cosmos=life=reality=rationality.
Like I said before, reality is memory, goes and then comes again.
~
nuff stuff
'mud

Did you get to look at the article. They said they found the ripples. I didn't mention any void, don't think anyone has found a void other than maybe a black hole. We can see the cosmos with telescopes, we are able to view back in time which allowed us to verify the big bang event.
Gravitational waves discovery: 'We have a first tantalising glimpse of the cosmic birth pangs' | Science | The Observer

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
There are no telescopes power enough to see into the next Cosmotic replication of this Cosmos,
OUR COSMOS ! The mirrors are out there, we just can't see them yet.
In regards to the "ripples" that supposodly we sense now....how do these "ripples" pass through the "void" that contains the expanding Cosmos, or "universe" as some call it,
what entity supports these "ripples" that supposedly stop at the frontier that connects the "universe" with the surrounding "void".
Nothing is there to move, what is the support mechanics involved, I guess we can't see far enough just yet.
~
I have to go again....but I'll be back.....
~
'mud