• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sinead O'Connor converted to Islam

shmogie

I don't know.

Christians alone get pretty flacked in regards to their violent past. A lot of Christians today tend to be still like that still although I see them as more tempered than Muslims are presently.

One thing for certain, it's not just a few Muslims. That rhetoric just doesn't fly anymore.

It should be pretty obvious by now , or at least it should be, considering the extensiveness and scope of Muslim violence and abuse that is literally going on worldwide involving just about every sect with some exceptions involving groups that branched away from the Shiites and Sunnis.
The basis of a belief structure is discovered in itś revelation, i.e. itś foundational documents, or books, not by those who allege that they adhere to those teachings.

Having said that, a comparison of the Christian New Testament and the Muslim Koran and Hadith, coupled with the tens of millions killed by muslims, FOLLOWING the instruction and authorized by their holy books, leads me to believe they deserve much of what is said about them.

shmogie

Regular Muslims make conservative Christians look like progressive liberals. What else could you expect ?
A true Muslim believes and has faith in the religions holy books. Read them, the koran and hadith then tell me about them.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Read it. Not just the title. There is much more to it than the title. Check the part about corporal punishment for instance.
Yes, Muslims from different regions differ on their views of Sharia, with those from the Middle East and North Africa tending to be more conservative than the rest. So? What's your point? There's probably similar information about Christians.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Yes, Muslims from different regions differ on their views of Sharia, with those from the Middle East and North Africa tending to be more conservative than the rest. So? What's your point? There's probably similar information about Christians.

My point is that regular Muslims make conversative Christians look like progressive liberals.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
My point is that regular Muslims make conversative Christians look like progressive liberals.
"Regular Muslims" where? Saudi Arabia? Iran? Iraq? Syria? Turkey? India? Kosovo? Oman? Uzbekistan? Albania? China? Idaho? California? New York? London?

???

We have plenty of "kill the gays" Christians in America, by the way.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The entire Islamic world.

Wife/children beating and the like is completely normal in Islamic families. It's part of the Quran and the Hadith and has nothing to do with extremist sects.

Islam isn't really a good Religion for an open homosexual.
Also if at some point she converts to some other Religion she may actually be killed for it. (after someone told her to come back to Islam of course)

So good luck I guess.
That seems likely true to me though I am not able to comment on Koran and Haddiths.. I am sure she is doing it for some good reason, but I don't understand her decision.

Same. I like her. She's had a hard life and is a great artist. I want the best for her.
She seems great, and I regret my earlier thoughtless joke. I forget sometimes that famous people have feelings. Best wishes for S.C.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
"Regular Muslims" where? Saudi Arabia? Iran? Iraq? Syria? Turkey? India? Kosovo? Oman? Uzbekistan? Albania? China? Idaho? California? New York? London?

???

We have plenty of "kill the gays" Christians in America, by the way.

Regular Muslims as a whole. Don't single out any specific country.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Regular Muslims as a whole. Don't single out any specific country.
No such thing. Your attempt at generalizations are pitiful and ridiculous. Even that Pew article shows that the views of Muslims vary by region and culture. Your own link doesn't even back you up. Oops!

Last edited:

Koldo

Outstanding Member
No such thing. Your attempt at generalizations are pitiful and ridiculous.

No such thing as what ? How did you come to the conclusion that there is no such thing ?
If you are going to ridicule my post then at least put forth an argument. Conclude your line of reasoning.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
No such thing as what ? How did you come to the conclusion that there is no such thing ?
If you are going to ridicule my post then at least put forth an argument. Conclude your line of reasoning.
I edited my post. I don't really have much else to say to you, anyway.