• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Since Hillary Believes in Conspiracy Theories

Parchment

Is she fit for the Presidency? I am under the impression that anyone that believes in conspiracies are paranoid and delusional. I know there are more than a few of you hear that remember Clinton speaking about the "Vast right wing conspiracy" back in 1998 but for those who don't here's Hillary Clinton in her own words.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well, how many politicians can you name that have actually been called out on having an affair? She is a good politician. How would she not smell it coming?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I am under the impression that anyone that believes in conspiracies are paranoid and delusional.
A little pop psychology, here, perhaps?
Let me ask: There are no real conspiracies in the world? Therefore ANYONE who believes in ANY conspiracy is delusional? Are you paranoid if there really is a conspiracy?

Personally, I'm satisfied in saying that ANYONE and EVERYONE who thinks they are qualified and should be President (or leader of any nation...or even large organization) does not have a good grasp on reality. Goes for ALL of the candidates we've seen in the last 18 months. Unfortunately, our political system does not disallow candidates based on psychological reasons, and relies upon the wisdom of the masses to choose their leaders wisely.

It certainly appears to me that the insane are running the asylum...or at least running to run the asylum...:p:eek::rolleyes:

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Is it a VAST effort? Taxpayer funds that have been spent trying to prove criminal behavior on the part of the Clintons runs over 200 Million, Hillary alone is about 100 Million. What are the results? Bill was guilty of having committed the crime of too carefully parsing the verb "to have sex." Hillary? She has been cleared of all charges.

So VAST it is.

Who's been pushing it? Why the right wing.

Have they been wasting our money in concert? Sure they have.

So ... a vast right wing conspiracy it is. Guilty as charge..

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There is a right-wing conspiracy against her. It became blatant when President Obama took office and the Republican party conspired against everything he proposed including what they used to stand for. They bragged about how they put politics ahead of the nation and preferred destroying America to governing. Their 8 year temper tantrum is more evidence.

The media coverage harping on nothing very much that she's done and ignoring Trump's crimes and evil acts is more evidence.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Is it a VAST effort? Taxpayer funds that have been spent trying to prove criminal behavior on the part of the Clintons runs over 200 Million, Hillary alone is about 100 Million. What are the results? Bill was guilty of having committed the crime of too carefully parsing the verb "to have sex." Hillary? She has been cleared of all charges.

So VAST it is.

So ... a vast right wing conspiracy it is. Guilty as charge..
Of course, Bill was guilty of more than you stated, eg, suborning perjury.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe in conspiracies. Conspiracy is what distinguishes us from chimpanzees. It's what humans do -- plan.
A conspiracy is nothing more than a plan involving more than one person.

"Conspiracy Theory!" is too often used to divert attention from real problems.

Last edited:

Parchment

Well, how many politicians can you name that have actually been called out on having an affair? She is a good politician. How would she not smell it coming?

I'd say a more honest question would be "how many politicians can you name that was being investigated for sexual harassment lied about affairs they had which were relevant to the case"
Only one.

So VAST it is.

All both Bill and Hillary had to do was is to be more forthcoming and further investigation may not have been necessary thus less taxpayer money spent. Hillary was found not guilty of knowingly breaking the law but was admonished by the judge for being extremely careless with sensitive information- she should have known better.

I believe in conspiracies. Conspiracy is what distinguishes us from chimpanzees. It's what humans do -- plan.
A conspiracy is nothing more than a plan involving more than one person.

By that definition most anything could be considered a conspiracy theory, if you get a traffic ticket take it to court and tell the judge it was a conspiracy and see how it works out.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A conspiracy is nothing more than a plan involving more than one person.....
....or racoon.

"Conspiracy" typically refers to something secret & subversive.
The problem is that people (but not racoons) will often use it to explain things which are
simply naturally occurring emergent properties of stochastic processes (fancy sounding, eh?).
Example....
Gas prices in an area all rise at the same time.
It could be collusion.
But it could also simply be supply & demand response to a refinery shut-down.

4consideration

Premium Member
Of course, Bill was guilty of more than you stated, eg, suborning perjury.
I agreed (then and now) with Ron Paul that Bill Clinton should have been impeached, but for more serious things than the Monica Lewinsky matter -- including the perjury. Back then it seemed like Ron Paul was treated like he was nuts when he said stuff like this:

It makes sense to me then, and still does -- including calling out both Republicans and Democrats for it.

It's funny to me (in a sad sort of way) that a journalist asks him, doesn't Ron Paul think the impeachment hearing of the President ought to wait until after the ending of the bombing campaign ordered by the President, a campaign that began the day before the impeachment hearing began.

Parchment

My interest in European politics are largely tied to the mirror image I see of it in our states, I love this Grande olde girl and wish her many successes in the future. She seems like she was enjoying this and I applaud her for it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'd say a more honest question would be "how many politicians can you name that was being investigated for sexual harassment lied about affairs they had which were relevant to the case"
Only one.
Only one? And of course some people do not consider oral sex as sexual intercourse - to this mindset, if there is no penetration, there is no sex. For all we know, Bill was told to say specifically that he did not have sexual relations with that woman because he may have believed that sex requires penetration. Much like it's probable that to Hillary's best knowledge everything from her email had been submitted, because you know she wasn't doing the work herself but had a crew of aides working on it.
All both Bill and Hillary had to do was is to be more forthcoming and further investigation may not have been necessary thus less taxpayer money spent. Hillary was found not guilty of knowingly breaking the law but was admonished by the judge for being extremely careless with sensitive information- she should have known better.
What about those who recieved and/or sent this information from/to her email address? Yes, it's careless, but considering Hilary is obviously not the only person doing this it makes me wonder if the laws regarding electronic medias are adequate.
By that definition most anything could be considered a conspiracy theory, if you get a traffic ticket take it to court and tell the judge it was a conspiracy and see how it works out.
Conspiracies do happen though, such as conspiracy to commit murder. Conspiring to do something means your are planning out things to take action.

Parchment

Only one?

Yes, only one
because you know she wasn't doing the work herself but had a crew of aides working on it.

Ahh..... roll that ***ball downhilI no matter who it rolls over, I'd say a true leader will accept and overcome, "Follow me" seems an alien concept

Conspiracies do happen though, such as conspiracy to commit murder. Conspiring to do something means your are planning out things to take action.

That is violent speech and you should be reported

Last edited by a moderator:

4consideration

Premium Member
This is what you had previously posted: "...that Bill Clinton should have been impeached,,.", therefore I was correcting your mistake.
Oh. OK.

When Ron Paul was speaking in the video clip I posted it was December 16, 1998. That was the day prior to a decision to impeach was made. So I meant I was agreeing with him at that time -- the prior to the impeachment decision -- that in the upcoming impeachment hearing, Bill Clinton should be impeached. But if that was not clear, I'll correct it for clarity.

This is what I said:

"I agreed (then and now) with Ron Paul that Bill Clinton should have been impeached, but for more serious things than the Monica Lewinsky matter -- including the perjury."

Corrected to:

I agreed (then and now) with Ron Paul that Bill Clinton deserved impeachment, but for more serious things than the Monica Lewinsky matter -- including perjury.

The real point of my post was that it looked to me and a lot Americans that Bill Clinton was bombing an already devastated country -- in order to take attention off his impeachment hearing. He ended it the day his hearing ended.

Last edited: