• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Signs of Spring

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
This beautiful thing has been absolutely loving the warmer weather recently. Spring is here!

20210328_105426.jpg

Any indications of Spring in your garden or yard?

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
This beautiful thing has been absolutely loving the warmer weather recently. Spring is here!

View attachment 48932

Yep! The crocus is the first thing that pops up around here in PA but already several species of tree on my property are starting to bud nicely.

upload_2021-3-28_21-49-8.jpeg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
In the Puget Sound area every year about this time we get a respite from the rain. I used to have a business and our entire south wall had daffodils planted along it. They would start to bloom, the nice weather would come out, and they would be quickly cooked. Of course the plants evolved to grow quickly in the spring when their competitors were still dormant. Within a period of six weeks they would grow, and bloom and go dormant again for another year. Soon it will be rainy here until mid to late June again. Spring is more of a feeling than a season here.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
In the Puget Sound area every year about this time we get a respite from the rain.
You just blew your cover neighbor, Olympia here. ;)
I do not like spring as a season... the last of my vacation, income taxes, property taxes on three homes.
I like the rainy and cloudy weather, not the sun.... it rained and hailed here today, it was cool. :cool:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

View attachment 48932

Still a bit to cold weather for the flowers to start growing here in Norway, So the sign for me that spring is here is that there is less days that is really cold :) And that it rains intead of snowing.

April will be the month we say spring is here, that is when the leaf comes out on trees, and the flowers start peeking up from the ground.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Still a bit to cold weather for the flowers to start growing here in Norway, So the sign for me that spring is here is that there is less days that is really cold :) And that it rains intead of snowing.

April will be the month we say spring is here, that is when the leaf comes out on trees, and the flowers start peeking up from the ground.
Same here, about the same latitude. :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You just blew your cover neighbor, Olympia here. ;)
I do not like spring as a season... the last of my vacation, income taxes, property taxes on three homes.
I like the rainy and cloudy weather, not the sun.... it rained and hailed here today, it was cool. :cool:
I have told people before where I lived. And though Oregon seems to want to take the credit now, my town was the first city to have a person in the hospital with Covid-19 in the US. At least that was what was thought then. So now you know where I live to an even closer degree;

A brief spate of hail up to the north too.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Same here, about the same latitude. :)
For me the "magic" of this world is to notice when plants, flowers, gras start to grow and to see their "journey" toward full bloom, to see how they reach for the sun and that the sun gives new life each year.

Now when i live alone in the countryside i will spend time in the forest just sitting on a rock or a old fallen tree and watch nature do its thing :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So now you know where I live to an even closer degree;
I used to drive up to see a doctor in Edmonds back in the 1990s but never drive on I-5 anymore because I do not want to flirt with death. I did drive up to Kent last fall to pick up a Persian cat but I took the back roads through Enumclaw.

Our vacation house where that non-paying tenant lives is in Moclips, if you know where that is.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
For me the "magic" of this world is to notice when plants, flowers, gras start to grow and to see their "journey" toward full bloom
That might also be true for me if I did not have a property that is completely overgrown and growing more every year. It's downright scary. If God does not rescue me I am going to be in big trouble. :eek:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That might also be true for me if I did not have a property that is completely overgrown and growing more every year. It's downright scary. If God does not rescue me I am going to be in big trouble. :eek:
Maybe it is God saying "time to scale down on your property" ?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Sounds good to me, alone in the countryside. :)
It is good, because i am finding more answer about who this person who is me actually have seen the world in a "wrong" way so far in life :) It is this year my eyes actually opend up to what I see, and not what others want me to see :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Rains (and flooding) ceased a month ago, mornings are still hovering around freezing but the sky is generally blue and by early afternoon we recently hit the low 20s and today is forecast 24c (a touch over 75f). The too short blossom season is over and forests are greening. Our grape vines and fig tree are beginning to bud.

Over the last couple of weeks the incidence of being stuck behind a tourist in a camper van while driving into town has increased