• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Signs of eloquence in Quran

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Okay, I thought about talking about only where Harun (a) is mentioned. But showing wisdom of that, without showing where Musa (a) is mentioned without Harun (a), would not show exactly why he is shown. You have to know where he appears with Musa and where he doesn't (the chapters where Musa mentioned without Haroun).

Before I do that, I have to talk about the sacred letters (Taha, Yaseen). And before I do that, I have to collect hadiths on that. Then inshallah, it will be explained.

So my next array of posts (especially if no one responds to content) will about the mysterious letters and unlocking that code through Quran and hadiths. Once this is shown, it will be easier to show where Harun (a) mentioned and the wisdom of that and where Musa (a) mentioned in Surah without Harun (a) and why.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The mysterious letters if you perceive what I perceive are seriously are very high signs that Quran is from God. Will elaborate more later.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I been searching for this ziyarat online but can't find it.

So I decided to take a picture instead of it.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

It's Ziyarat of Imam Ali (a) the day Prophet (s) is born.

The relevant part is that it says "Peace be upon you O Taha and Yaseen".

Taha is about Ali (a) and Yaseen is about Mohammad (s). The reason he said to be Yaseen too, is the emphasis Mohammad (s) and Ali (a) are one. It can also be that we say "peace be on you oh Ali and you as well Mohammad" meaning. This would also make sense since the ziyarat uniquely is on birthday of Mohammad (s) but is directing it to Imam Ali (a) and so to make one exception to that in this ziyarat does make sense.

We also see "family of Taha and Yaseen" in ziyarat Nahiya which can be found online.

We see also "peace be upon family of Yaseen" in that ziyarat of Auli-Yaseen which is also a verse in Quran.

Anyways, I will elaborate more on this. This is just to show, that they are descriptions of Ahlulbayt (a) collectively, but also, individually, one form of the mysterious letters belongs more towards one Ahlulbayt (a) over the others.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Some more hadiths on the mysterious letters:

ومن الحديث ما رواه العياشي عن أبي لبيد المخزومي قال: قال أبو جعفر عليه السلام: يا أبا لبيد إنه يملك من ولد العباس إثنا عشر يقتل بعد الثامن منهم اربعة تصيب أحدهم الذبحة فتذبحه فئة قصيرة أعمارهم خبيثة سيرتهم منهم الفويسق الملقب بالهادي والناطق والغاوي يا أبا لبيد إن لي في حروف القرآن المقطعة لعلماً جمّاً إن الله تبارك وتعالى أنزل { الم } ذلك الكتاب فقام محمد حتى ظهر نوره وثبتت كلمته وولد يوم ولد وقد مضى من الألف السابع مأة سنة وثلاث سنين ثم قال: وتبيانه في كتاب الله في الحروف المقطعة إذا عددتها من غير تكرار وليس من حروف مقطعة حرف تنقضي أيامه إلا وقام من بني هاشم عند انقضائه ثم قال: الألف واحد واللام ثلاثون والميم أربعون والصاد تسعون فذلك مائة وواحد وستون ثم كان بدور خروج الحسين بن علي عليهما السلام الم الله فلما بلغت مدته قام قائم من ولد العباس عند المص ويقوم قائمنا عند انقضائها بالمر فافهم ذلك وعد واكتمه.

ألَم }: في المعاني عن الصادق عليه السلام ألم هو حرف من حروف اسم الله الأعظم المقطّع في القرآن الذي يؤلفه النبيّ صلّى الله عليه وآله أو الامام فإذا دعا به أُجيب.

I asked Abu Jafar (a) (5th Imam Mohammad Al-Baqir) about it (alif lam meem) he said "Oh Abu Labeed there will rule from the sons of Abbas twelve eight of them will be killed four of them the other of them death will come to them in short term of age they are dirty you will see of them of transgression by which guidance will turn around and oppression and deviance oh Abu Labeed in there is for me letters in Quran split knowledge brought together verily God the blessed and exalted revealed "Alif Lam Meem" that book, so Mohammad rose until the light of it manifested and established his words and his parents the day he was born and before that passed from seventy hundred years and three years thenhe said "and it's explanation in the book in (regards to) the letters split if you count them without repetition and there is no letters from the split letters that it's days come except that their rises one from the bani-Hashim for it's fulfillment then he said "Alif is one, the lam is 30 and meem is 40 and Saad is 90 for that is 100 and 1 and 90 then was the coming out of Hussain son of Ali (a) aliflammeem God when he brought it's time some one rose from the sons of Abbas with AlifLamMeemSad and our Qaim will rise by AlifLamMeemRaa and so understand this and count them it's time.

From The Saddiq (a) (Imam Jaffar 6th Imam)
AlifLamMeem it is a letters from the letters of God's Greatest Name that are split in the Quran that which unites the Prophet (s) and the Leader and so if he is called by it will be responded to.

The fact Ahlulbayt (a) is God's Greatest Name and these are titles revealing their reality can be proven by a lot of hadiths.

These should suffice for now.

Some things to conclude:

(1) Ahlulbayt (a) are God's Greatest Name and Quranic light lives fully in them
(2) These letters unite between Nabi and the leader and makes a unity between them in terms of his Ahlulbayt and shows the relationship the Imam has to the Nabi.
(3) Peace be upon family of Yaseen - with "Yaseen, indeed you are of the sent ones", is a good base point Mohammad (s) is Yaseen and that's is a title he has in Quran uniquely to him.
(4) Peace be upon you O Taha.. in the ziyarat to Imam Ali (a) is a strong indication Taha is particularly for Imam Ali (a)
(5) Aliflammeemraa is about Imam Mahdi (a) in particular is strongly hinted in the hadith from Imam Baqir (a).
(6) Counting them without repetition is advised, and we see there is Fourteen, and so 14 corresponding to Mohammad (s), Ali (a), Fatima (s) and their purified exalted offspring (a) is a good conclusion.

Now not withstanding great details, I've concluded Taha is about Ali (a) and this is why Harun (a) is emphasized so much in these Surahs.

However, an aspect of the prayer of Harun (a) is more fulfilled with Imam Mohamad Al-Baqir (a) and this is why I conclude the two Surahs that shortly paraphrase the prayer found in Surah Taha explain it, and also show Taseenmeen is about Imam Mohammad Al-Baqir (a).

I will elaborate more, and as for the rest of the Imams (a), I have reasons which I assign each sequence of mysterious letter to who. Fatima (a) is also linked to Sarah (a) in Quran and so this is why I believe Aliflamraa is about Fatima (a) and her place with respect to the chosen offspring of Mohammad (s) and Ali (a) and the wisdom of her place in Islam. She shows women can be political active and have a place in commanding good and forbidding evil publicly as well as leaders in that sense too.

I will get back to mysterious letters later, as they are high signs Quran is from God. But I wanted to discuss this much so that I can discuss where Harun (a) is mentioned and where Harun (a) is not mentioned with respect to Musa (a) (chapters with both, and chapters with just Musa (a) mentioned).

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

The first appearance of Harun (a) with Musa (a) is in Surah Baqara. Aliflammeem is about if the nation get's through the Imams and didn't heed the warnings, and so I believe it's about Imam Hassan Al-Askari (a). This would mean we relatively followed the footsteps of Bani-Israel with respect to the Imams of guidance appointed by God.

And so this about transitioning between having Imams (a) present and waiting for return of a Messenger in the open (the Mahdi).

This chapter having gone through history of Bani-Israel has some unique concepts including fasting Ramadan only appears in this Surah. Talut (a) is also only mentioned in this Surah with his incredible story.

وَقَالَ لَهُمْ نَبِيُّهُمْ إِنَّ آيَةَ مُلْكِهِ أَنْ يَأْتِيَكُمُ التَّابُوتُ فِيهِ سَكِينَةٌ مِنْ رَبِّكُمْ وَبَقِيَّةٌ مِمَّا تَرَكَ آلُ مُوسَىٰ وَآلُ هَارُونَ تَحْمِلُهُ الْمَلَائِكَةُ ۚ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَةً لَكُمْ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ مُؤْمِنِينَ | Their prophet said to them, ‘Indeed the sign of his kingship/authority shall be that the Ark will come to you, bearing tranquility from your Lord and the relics left behind by the House of Moses and the House of Aaron, carried by the angels. There is indeed a sign in that for you, should you be faithful.’ | Al-Baqara : 248

The holy verse is in context of Talut (a) Authority being disputed as king, and than after emphasizing he is chosen over them by God and is superior in knowledge and physique and so wealth should not factor into the equation, also brings this as the sign of his authority.

The singular taraka shows the family of Musa and family of Haroun is one family. The Prophet Samuel (a) is emphasizing on that.

This makes sense to bring this concept here, because it's about the over all Imams in Bani-Israel and history. This is the only place that this is emphasized with Musa and Haroun.

Going back, we saw the covenant of Bani-Israel in this Surah is emphasized to "that you do good to your parents and to the possessors of kinship...." according to Tafsir Hassan Al-Askari (a) it's highly emphasized here that Mohammad (s) and Ali (a) are the two fathers of this nation and that doing good to their family is more important then doing good to our family.

It can be seen that the branches emphasized with respect to Ibrahim (a), and then Musa (a) and Isa (a) mentioned, that between them is the family of Harun (a) and Musa (a) and they are branches as well.

If it didn't mentioned Harun (a) here, it would lack eloquence and important emphasis. And so we see here, that Harun's family (a) is considered Musa's (a) and vice versa.

Imam Ali (a) is reported to have said that God has informed us that successorship goes to the offspring of Prophets (a) after them in this verse.

And so this eloquently alludes to family of Mohammad (s) and Ali (a) while correcting the Bible in this respect.

The way it links it to Authority that is given by God to who he pleases in the Talut (a) verse is important, and very eloquently short and meaningful. This is also would be an allusion to the emphasis on family in 3:33 and Surah Auli-Imran is expanding of this portion as well as the ending of Surah Baqara.

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

I was thinking originally to go through all the verses. But that would be too long for readers. Instead I'm go to summarize.

Most of Harun (a) mentioned along side Musa (a) occur on the Surahs under jurisdiction of Taha. Some other key places like Surah Baqara we saw also had wisdom.

Two important places as I mentioned already is in the two Tanseemmeem Surahs and how the paraphrase the prayer of Musa (a) with respect to Harun (a) differently. This maintains the proper meaning of Surah Taha long prayer, but also is more linked to Baqiral Uloom role of Imam Mohammad Al-Baqir (a) and hence Taseenmeem is about him.

In Surah 20 Harun appears before Musa's name for the only time within a verse. This has to do with Taha and Ali (a) but also prayer "Lord of the highest" that we say in Salah, we "glorified is the Lord of the Highest" and the reason I prefer this translation is how Sujood has been emphasized in Quran. We prostrate to God but through means like Adam (a), Musa (a) and Harun (a).

Here It's emphasized to Musa (a) "You are the highest", and Harun (a) means High mountain or exalted one, the latter being same as Ali (a) name, and we see here is the only place that "Harun and Musa", and so Harun (a) is seen as Musa's soul (a), same way Ali (a) is emphasized to be Mohammad's (s) soul and equal. The other two places this is mentioned it appears as "Lord of Musa and Haroun", the fact Quran mentions twice "Lord of Musa and Haroun" and only once "Lord of Haroun and Musa", shows the former is what is stated, but God sees it the same as the inverse order since they are equal to him.

Another important place is Sural Furqan and how that relates to the reward in 25:57. But going through all the places might be too long.

There is also some importance with number 20 and Surah Taha, and Haroun appearing 20 times, and Salah sujood have 20 times in the day, and 14 times at night and the phrase "Lord of the Highest" linked to that. I think people get what I mean by all that, and I don't have to go into details.

I advise people to reflect over when Musa (a) is mentioned with Haroun (a) and when he is not. You will see it's very calculative and meaningful and not random. It's precise nature is awe inspiring to me.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Musa (a) and Isa (a) are mentioned in combination in Surah Baqara two times in a very calculative way:

And most certainly We gave Musa the Book and We sent apostles after him one after another; and We gave Isa, the son of Marium, clear arguments and strengthened him with the holy spirit, What! whenever then an apostle came to you with that which your souls did not desire, you were insolent so you called some liars and some you slew.

This is beginning and end, this makes the case Musa was succeeded with Messengers.

Say: We believe in Allah and (in) that which had been revealed to us, and (in) that which was revealed to Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqoub and the branches, and (in) that which was given to Musa and Isa, and (in) that which was given to the prophets from their Lord, we do not make any distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit.

This makes the case they were like family of Ibrahim (a), branches, and that they were Anbiya, and not to make distinction between first and last or those between in importance with God.

Isa appears one more time:

We have made some of these apostles to excel the others among them are they to whom Allah spoke, and some of them He exalted by (many degrees of) rank; and We gave clear miracles to Isa son of Marium, and strengthened him with the holy spirit. And if Allah had pleased, those after them would not have fought one with another after clear arguments had come to them, but they disagreed; so there were some of them who believed and others who denied; and if Allah had pleased they would not have fought one with another, but Allah brings about what He intends.

It can be said this Surah is about Musa to Isa and then comments on the aftermath when Isa goes to heaven/sky reality/malakut.

I already also commented on how Isa doesn't appear in Surah Saffat and why and instead Elyas (a) with respect to that Surah.

The family of Musa and family of Haroun (peace be upon them all) being one family and they being two fathers of the nation has been mentioned and their kin needing to be preferred over ours has been mentioned, and so these verses are explaining one another. On this topic, the twelve rivers and God's sustenance and not doing mischief in the land and killing the Prophets after Musa is also linked, and is linked to these verses.

This why I say also that this Surah is best suited to be about Imam Hassan Al-Askari (a) who has to prepare people for the transition, and aliflammeem is an alias he has in Quran.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
In the context of this thread, I'm just trying to show high eloquence. Then people can judge if it can be human made or if the cumulative case proves it from God.
There are many written works that show "high eloquence".
You need to explain why something that is very well written and clearly conveys ideas is necessarily from god.
What's more, the Quran clearly isn't "high eloquence" as people are still arguing about what it means 1400 years later. If it really was "high eloquence", most people who read it would convert - but in reality, hardly any do. Most people see it as derivative, repetitive, ancient superstition.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your implication is only not true because of the nature of good and evil and God’s magical mana vs satanic sorcery. Otherwise you would have a point.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There are many written works that show "high eloquence".

The subtle nature of God's words and how eloquent they are, is beyond mankind. There was a thread, I can link you to it, to discuss if Quran's uniqueness would be a proof it's from God if no human can bring anything like it. People started asking what eloquence is in Quran. It's hard to show the Arabic sound beauty to non-Muslims who don't know Arabic, and so this thread is just about eloquence that they can appreciate.

If you want to discuss if Quran's uniqueness proves it from God or not, here's the thread: The Quran as a miracle - is it a legitimate challenge? | Religious Forums

This thread is about particular instances of eloquence. One instance is not enough, but they add up, and make a cumulative cases Quran is not a normal book.

You can dispute content here and say well this is not true, what you said is not actually really descriptive here, but this thread is about showing signs of high eloquence.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

Something that is beyond scope for me to prove.

Every Surah in Quran, the verses there are particularly suited for the Surah. That is despite Quran being revealed dynamically what seemed to be all over the place, the Surahs take on a structure that not only meaning but also it's sound and how it flows, is meant to be there. No verse is out of place. It's all majestically in the proper best place possible.

I've been showing signs, that Prophets names are not randomly mentioned, but have particular places in the chapter. Now keep in mind, this was 23 years of revelation. Some Madina verses would be later revealed in Mecca Surah. That is the Mecca Surah all of is that but 3-4 verses for example, and when they take place, it's there in the most beautiful place it can be.

This is a sign. It's a huge sign if you accept Mohammad (s) is historical and that Quran was revealed dynamically slowly over 23 years.

It's not only the meaning, but the rhyme, it rhymes perfectly in the proper place.

It would be too much quoting and explaining sound wise and also meaning wise, a whole chapter and show this is consistently the way all Surahs.

Also, there is a wisdom of the flow of Surahs. Once you unlock that, you know nothing is random in Quran. Nothing. Everything is perfectly placed.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

To show how calculative Quran is with names of Prophets (a), I want to talk about a verse where Eleven names of Prophets appear in a verse, and then finally Twelve (after Musa is mentioned) in the Surah.

إِنَّا أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ كَمَا أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَىٰ نُوحٍ وَالنَّبِيِّينَ مِنْ بَعْدِهِ ۚ وَأَوْحَيْنَا إِلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَإِسْمَاعِيلَ وَإِسْحَاقَ وَيَعْقُوبَ وَالْأَسْبَاطِ وَعِيسَىٰ وَأَيُّوبَ وَيُونُسَ وَهَارُونَ وَسُلَيْمَانَ ۚ وَآتَيْنَا دَاوُودَ زَبُورًا | We have indeed revealed to you as We revealed to Noah and the prophets after him, and [as] We revealed to Abraham and Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Branches and Jesus and Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon—and We gave David Scripture— | An-Nisaa : 163

This verses shows Nuh was followed with Prophets after him, but in what form? It then talks about Ibrahim(a), Ismail (a), Isaac (a), And Yaqoub (a), this is one of the rare places Ismail (the other places are in Surah Baqara) that Ismail appears with Isaac and Yaqoub and these being examples of branches. This goes back to 4:54 and the emphasis on the Authority of the family of Ibrahim (a).

But then something strange happens, after branches, it goes to Isa (a). Isa (a) is the end of iteration of branches of Musa (a). So this suggests again branches is not tribes, but really about people such as Yusuf (a) and end at a point. Then it mentions Two Prophets (a) which we don't know their place in iteration. Then mentions Haroun (a) and not Musa (a), which is odd for Haroun (a) to be mentioned without Musa (a). But there's a reason. It's because the emphasis now is on branches, and Haroun (a) is a branch of Musa (a), the first one who is associated in his affair and his successor. Then it Skips to Sulaiman (a) before Dawood (A), and that is to say not everyone in this verse is in the right place in order but also it emphasized even more so by mentioning Sulaiman (a) as a branch, then going back one step to his father and reminding he was given scripture.

The wisdom of Sulaiman (a) before Dawood (a) is also because after Isa (a) is perhaps and most probably a hint that it's going backwards, that is before Jonah (a) is Job (a), and before Aaron (a) is Jonah (a) and before Sulaiman (a) is Haroun (a) and so we see it makes sense to put Dawood (a) here. That it forward iteration then you have some backward iteration. Showing predecessors are also linked and part of the "family" concept with respect to chosen ones.

It's more eloquent to put Sulaiman (a) here before Dawood (a), even though Dawood (a) is before Sulaiman (a) because of the previous backwards order after the forward order.

Then it goes on to say:

And (We sent) apostles We have mentioned to you before and apostles we have not mentioned to you; and to Musa, Allah addressed His Word, speaking (to him):

This is to emphasize the structure Messengers come in.

This completes the Surah with Twelve names of Messengers therein and Musa is the root and founder of the backward iteration case but why not just mention him in 163?

The reason is because of what has been mentioned of the Ulil-Amr in this Surah. These twelve names are a way to emphasize on them and their authority and being examples of true holders of the authority from the believers, but Musa (a) being mentioned in there, you will get equal emphasis on founder, while this Surah has Ulil-Amr. And so Ibrahim (a) is a founder but mentioned to emphasize on Auli-Ibrahim in 4:54. Then you have the successors of Musa (a) being mentioned backwards, and also two other Prophets (a) aside from them. Then it's emphasized the Messengers are revealed same as Mohammad (s), some he told Mohammad (s) about, others he did not. And so Aaron (a) appearing in the verse before Musa (a) is to emphasize 4:59 is about successors of Mohammad (s). It also keeps the order emphasis and subtle nature of it.

Aaron (a) name appears 8 times without Moses (a) in Quran and 12 Times with him, and it's all calculative. It would be easy to mention Musa (a) and Haroun (a) in the same verse here, but it was more eloquent to have done it this way.

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

Now keep in mind the above, and compare:

And We gave to him Ishaq and Yaqoub; each did We guide, and Nuh did We guide before, and of his descendants, Dawood and Sulaiman and Ayub and Yusuf and Musa and Haroun; and thus do We reward those who do good (to others). 84And Zakariya and Yahya and Isa and Ilyas; every one was of the good; 85And Ismail and Al-Yasha and Yunus and Lut; and every one We made to excel (in) the worlds: 86And from among their fathers and their descendants and their brethren, and We chose them and guided them into the right way. 87This is Allah's guidance, He guides thereby whom He pleases of His servants; and if they had set up others (with Him), certainly what they did would have become ineffectual for them. 88These are they to whom We gave the book and the wisdom and the prophecy; therefore if these disbelieve in it We have already entrusted with it a people who are not disbelievers in it. 89These are they whom Allah guided, therefore follow their guidance. Say: I do not ask you for any reward for it that it be only a reminder to the nations.

Here Asbat (branches) is not emphasized, and the emphasis is on offspring mainly and so we see Ismail (a) doesn't appear right away with Isaac (a) but appears in two verses. And so we also see Dawood (a) is mentioned before Sulaiman (a), then Ayoub (a) before Yusuf (a) which is to show Ayub (a) is before Yusuf (a) which means before Ibrahim (a), and so "his descendants" refers back to Nuh (a) and not Ibrahim (a) since Ayub (a) is of a different Ahlulbayt. Then it mentions this time Musa (a) with Haroun (a) and before Haroun (a).

This making iterative case, something odd happens, Zakariya is predecessor of Yahya, Yayha cousin of Isa is predecessor of Isa, but why Elyas here? Like I mentioned Elyas is spiritual Imammate successor to Isa and takes position of holy spirit even though originally being before him.

Then it reminds of Ismail and Alyasa which is the successor of Elyas, and emphasize on Yonus and then Lut. Lut and Ismail are disputed by Jews in terms of importance, and so Quran leaving them out is for the sake of argument, then emphasizes on them, meaning, then vindicates them independently.

Alyasa mentioned though is very subtlety eloquent, as it mentioned Elyas before, and so we have his successor. And Lut was like Haroun to Musa with respect to Ibrahim. Then it emphasizes from their father, their descenands, and their brethren.

Something to notice is Ismail appears where-ever Ibrahim is emphasized with branches. Here it's forward order emphasized except for a totally scrambled order verse of 86. By why scramble order there, it's because then it says "And from among their fathers , and their offspring and their brethren..." so it's ultra make sense to scramble the order right before that verse as the verses before already emphasized on that and so this scramble then re-emphasis and pointing that out is ultra eloquent.

And we also see that the reward Mohammad (s) is accused of seeking which 42:23 says is the love of the kinsfolk - here it's emphasized that this consistently been the way of God to put in it blood relations and that his reward accused of it from power and monarchy in his offspring, what would that be if true but a reminder to the worlds?

And so we see again similar names, but the appearance is very calculative. Ismail (a) also picked out here and branches not mentioned first but then mentioned in the scrambled order is calculative to emphasize Mohammad (s) and his family (a) are chosen from his offspring, same way, Dawood (a) is from offspring of Nuh (a).

It then emphasizes on the reward which is an accusation to be really if true - a reminder and not really a reward, as God's way in this regard has been consistent.

And this is one of the two places Elyas (a) appears in the Quran, and this to emphasize with the theme in the Surah, that God appoints a light walking among the people for a believer, and this was Elyas (a) before Mohammad (s) and after Isa (a).

This is so subtle yet when reflected, is awe mind boggling! Who calculates like this? Who? The Lord of the worlds is this subtle and eloquent and calculative.

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Another reason Ismail (a) doesn't appear in 84, is because the pairs are first and second except with Ayub (a) and Yusuf(a) but they still forward order in terms of succession of light and leadership on earth. And so it was more eloquent to pair "Isaac and Yaqoub" "Dawood and Sulaiman" 'Ayub and Yusuf" and "Musa and Haroun". As for wisdom of Ayub (a) to appear here, it's to show "his offspring" refers to Nuh (a) and show Ayub (a) is sometime between Nuh (a) and Ibrahim (a), and mentioning Yusuf (a) we always see branches emphasize else where, and Yusuf (a) comes after Yaqoub (a) and so most like Ayub (a) is similar order where Yaqoub (a) is in the branches sequence.

This also safeguards that Haroun (a) is the successor of Musa (a) and not Yushua.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Now that we've seen many verses about branches and we also noticed when emphasized with respect to Ibrahim, Ismail always appears.

Now going to Surah 14 (Ibrahim), we see the a pure word is a like pure tree and that God gave that similitude. The similitude is in the famous verse of light in Surah Noor, but it's also in the emphasis of branches which means there a blessed tree like structure. Then a contrast is made with a dirty word is like a dirty tree...

Ismail and Isaac are emphasized there in that Surah in one verse for the first and only time, with no one else mentioned with them, but there is emphasis that God "You indeed hear prayers" and Ismail means God hears prayers. We also see that Ibrahim prays a portion of people incline to his offspring left near the Kaba.

The houses/families that God allowed to be risen and his named remembered therein are pure in people's eye and they are his word of light and instances of his face and name.

And God emphasizes that he makes believers firm and established with the established/firm word in this world and the next...the same word used to show the tree is established firmly is used to describe the firm word he establishes believers by. And Ibrahim prays "and make a portion of people incline towards them".

This shows that putting Ismail everywhere branches was emphasized with respect to Ibrahim had a wisdom. These are calculated and this Surah compliments this calculation with a pure word to be like a pure tree. This means Quran and Ahlulbayt (a) are one, the word of God (Quran) is Ahlulbayt (a) and vice versa. This is why they are called the family of the reminder as well.

Also, we see wisdom of Surah 14 being under "AlifLamRaa" and wisdom of Fatima (a) (Aliflamraa is alias of Fatima) and it's also vindicates Sarah (a) from jealousy story which vindicates God from ever allowing slavery.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

The second place Elyas is mentioned in Surah 37 (Saffat).

The Surah before (Surah Yaseen) starts with the lines "By the... Yaseen, (Sworn) By the Wise Quran, Indeed you are of the sent ones".

Surah Saffat says with respect to Nuh starting "And indeed Nuh was one of the sent ones."

It also says "Peace be upon Nuh over the worlds".

It reminds of his chosen offspring who are the Baqeen (those who remain) meaning they are the face of God that remains.

It then does same with Ibrahim. "And indeed Ibrahim was one of the sent ones." It also talks his chosen sons Ismail and Isaac. It also says "Peace be upon Ibrahim"

Then it says Musa but puts Haroun with him "And indeed we showed favor to Musa and Haroun" and it slightly changed the tone but for a reason.

It then goes on to say "Peace be upon Musa and Haroun", why Haroun introduced?

What is odd it then doesn't mention Isa (a) who usually mentioned in this grouping, but Elyas instead.

"And Indeed Elyas is of the sent ones".

Now before that offspring of Ibrahim and Nuh was emphasized on, and Elyas is from offspring of Haroun.
Elyas is also still alive.

The next thing to note is up to this point peace is being sent on who is mentioned but Yaseen has a similar addressment in previous Surah, but no peace upon him mentioned and it's Mohammad (S).

So finally, God says "Peace be upon the family of Yaseen" "Indeed he (Yaseen)..." The Lam being disconnected from the Ya proves this is the proper recitation out of recitations passed on to us.

But something to notice in then goes on to say:

"And indeed Lut was one of the sent ones" without saying Peace be upon him.
And then goes on to say: "And Yunus was one of the sent ones"

Why did the pattern stop? It's because the purpose of all it was to show "Peace be upon the family of Yaseen" with respect to connecting it to Surah before.

This indeed subtle but eloquent, but also, there were unnamed sent ones in Surah Yaseen and there is unnamed sent ones in general.

So then it ends with:

"And peace be upon the sent ones"
And all praise is to God Lord of the worlds"

Just when you thought God wasn't going to send blessings upon them, he sends blessings upon all of them named and unnamed sent ones.

This is subtle but eloquent how it connects to the chapter before, stops sending peace upon the ones mentioned being sent, after peace upon the family of Yaseen, thereby showing that is the proper recitation.

Elyas is also mentioned instead of Isa because he takes place of Guide between Isa and Mohammad and God wanted to show a bit of his story which was about the concept of the best Creator, which God is best scenario, which Creator is the best one and not mentioning Isa but Elyas is a way to show equivalence of the two.

It also shows when we bless Musa and Haroun, we are blessing their family a long with them. And same with Ibrahim, his family receives blessings too since they ascend together.

To show all that, God shows when blessing Mohammad (S), that his whole family is blessed. This also supported by "Peace be upon Musa and Haroun".

This is subtle but amazingly eloquent. It also introduces the sacred letters as aliases of Ahlulbayt (a) in Quran. Yaseen being Mohammad (S).

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

By the name of God.. can seem as a formality or it can take meaning per every verse.

In the case of Surah Taha, it can be saying...

"By the name of God, the Compassionate (all), the Compassionate (extensively) Taha. We did not reveal you the recitation to be miserable. It is only a reminder for who fears."

That can be that Taha is not addressing the Nabi, but description of the "the name of God" of which one of the instances or descriptions is Taha. The Surah then emphasizes on Haroun (a) "Associate him in my affair".

And so Ali (a) paired with Quran who is like Haroun (a) to Musa (a) and being revealed with the Quran and in the Quran and by the Quran, is highly eloquent.

The Surah is obviously linked to Surah Inshirah, which suggests again Ali (a) is established by the Sunnah but also is found in the Quran.

This can be saying, Taha who is to you like Haroun (a) to Musa (a), is revealed with the Quran as one of God's Names, not to impose hardship and misery, but that you like Musa (a) prayed for relief on the knot on his tongue and widening his heart, to be a relief for you as well.

This Surah with Surah Yaseen and Surah Saffat is huge indication, the 14 Sequences of mysterious letters (non-repeated counting) are about the Ahlulbayt (a).

Keeping this in mind, one of the most Shortest but perhaps the most eloquent of Quran is Surah Kawthar.

By the name of God, the Compassionate (all), the Compassionate (extensively) indeed we gave you the Abundance. So connect to your Lord and (ritually) Sacrifice. Indeed your enemy is who is cut off.

The Abundance is guidance in terms of light, personally Mohammad (s) is blessed, but his Nubuwa and Light is guidance... what does this have to be with offspring being cut off. It is said the Surah was revealed saying he doesn't have any sons so will be cut off and so you only have tolerate his religion till he dies then no one else to deal with.

The response is the connection through Fatima (a) is such that his light and guidance will continue in his offspring and that through Fatima (a) he has been given the abundance. Some people are the view Fatima (a) is the abundance, but my view, is that it refers to "name of God", that Fatima (a) is the name of God like Ali (a) and so because of this high station, like Mariam (a) connecting Isa (a) to Imran (a) and Dawood (a).. she is of this high station where she connects his offspring back to him and there will be chosen guides and successors in his offspring to continue his legacy and he won't be cut off from offspring and legacy in guidance in them.

The abundance then is Quran and Ahlulbayt (a) guidance and this the great blessings to humanity, Mohammad (s) is given for guidance of humanity.

This also shows his enemy will be able to forge such a legacy and that his enemies including fake Prophets will be cut off in terms of offspring continuing their legacy.

And this is thing about Quran. Every Surah is calculative with respect to whole Quran and has a unique place, though it might repeat what is found in other Surahs, it's repeating and paraphrasing the truth and guidance in many ways, is what makes it eloquent and high and exalted.

There is new aspects in every Surah but it's repeating the truth about God's Name and guidance is what makes it beautiful.

The station connecting others to God of Mohammad (s) and destroying the dark desire and slitting the throat of caprice is a station that Fatima (a) and rest of his family (a) occupy as well.

It can be said each Surah begins with "the name of God..." and expands on it and Surah Tawbah although doesn't mention it in start, alludes to it later discussing the four luminaries of twelve luminaries who are "sacred" - and that being the upright religion.

The name of God is a parable of the tree of light and word of God, which is parable of Mohammad (s) and is family (a), the branches is talked about in this context. The pure word from God is like a pure tree.

In the Ziyarat of Ali (a) on birth of Nabi (a), we say to Imam Ali (a) "Peace be upon you o name of God that he is pleased with and his face that gives light" and also "Peace be upon you Taha and Yaseen"

This is found in same image I shared before:

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I thought I would share this poem, since to me, the mysterious letters and deciphering them is a sign and major miracle for me. I will go into details later.

The Sacred Mysterious Letters

As for the mysterious letters
Which are miracles for those who understand
This is a poem to share my knowledge
And manifest a level of light

Yaseen is for Mohammad
Since God shows the way he blesses him
Peace be upon the family of Yaseen
Said after talking about similarly those sent in the past
Thereby hinting to what the mysterious letters are about
The Messengers who names are not known in surah Yaseen
And the Messengers who are named in Surah Saffat
Are all to leading to the phrase:
"Peace be upon the family of Yaseen!"

Taha is for Ali
The prayer for Harun by Musa
Is to show the importance of the successor
And Ali is God's Name
With God's Name Taha that is Ali
God did not reveal the Quran to Mohammad that be in hardship and misery
But rather to widen his chest
And relief the burden on his back
Just as he did through Harun and his family
For the sake of Musa
So through Ali and his successors
He did so for Mohammad
And he is God highest word
If you would but perceive

Aliflamraa is for Fatima
The wisdom of why she ties to the two oceans
Mohammad and Ali with regarding to the successors
And their kinship and wisdom of the past chosen households
Are found in these chapters is the wisdom of this holy lady
Understand these pages of insights
And you are underway to learn the secrets of the path
And sky reality in which Fatima resides
And is one of the lights found therein
Understand Sarah
With respect to Ismail, Isaac and Yaqoub
And you will understand Fatima

Ainsinqaaf is for Hassan
In a chapter that enjoins to love the kinsfolk
Chosen by God
And reminds that which disbelievers accuse of a selfish reward
What is that in fact but love and recognition of the chosen household of the time
And there has always been words of God by which he verifies the truth
And with respect to Hassan and in his defense
Makes who he wants without offspring
And although Hassan has offspring
He does not have any of his truest family
And he has been put beside Hameem his brother
And Hassan is a proof that the reward is not selfish
Or he would have wanted in his offspring over his brother Hussain

Hameem is for Hussain
Know in these chapters we see why people disbelieved
Showing they would if reverted to their disbelief of which they were of various origins
And use to oppose Mohammad
Would abandon and kill Hussain
And indeed they reverted to their ignorance
And sought to kill who they saw the inheritor of sorcerers
And one day their secret society will be exposed
And a society that has taken over the world
And must be brought for justice for killing not only Hussain
But many - many Prophets of bygone generations
Ancient is the battle between good and evil

Taseen is for Ali son of Hussain
In the chapter Al-Naml
Lies the wisdom of prayers and miracles
Recognizing the Guide spiritually is essential
For even with all the display of power
Sulaiman was accused of being a sorcerer
The foundation of belief in the Guide and his power
Lies in the foundation of belief in God's Lordship
And he being the source of power and is in control
"Is he who responds to the prayer of the distressed one..."
Is found therein and mission of Taseen was make firm the way of prayers
And sincere supplications and make people love their Lord
By which would forever make firm the authority of Ahlulbayt

Taseenmeen is Mohamad son of Ali
Know the prayers to relief the knots on the tongue of the Prophets
And open up the knowledge of first and last
Was fulfilled finally through him and enlightened society became
Through this holy one and in that which the enemies feared came about
And that which would open up the doors of light was established
And ignorance put away
And in this regard the prayer paraphrased in different ways
With relief of tongue of Musa
Manifests that in fact it's about Mohamad Al-Baqir

Aliflammeemsaad is Jaffar as-Sadiq
And about the truthful nature of the guides
And the truth thereby they guide with
And that guidance is achieved through them who are the way
Split after the founder always in twelve ways
Each the way and together the way
And the river analogy show they are branches
Of one root and blessed word of light

Qaaf is about the strangeness
Of Musa Al-Kadhim who remained the companion and witness
In the journey even while in jail
Emphasizing on the wisdom of the chapter Qaaf
And chapters under this letter
He being the right handed witness
And the driver - and remained the guide
Even while tortured in jail
It maybe strange but it's true

Noon is about Ali A-Reda
And as the chapters take a place in which all humans were pleased
Foe and friend alike just as it was for Mohammad when these chapters were revealed
But he too was opposed when the threat of the truth came eminent
And the battle between truth and falsehood continued

Kaafhaayaaainsaad
Is about the youngness of leadership of Imam Mohammad Al-Jewad
And the trial therein
And the proofs for him
Are found in the wisdom of Yahya
And Isa even while children

Saad
Because Ali Al-Hadi is young too
Talks about the exalted nature of the Guides
Of who taught the Angels and who Iblis was asked if he is one of
When he refused to prostrate
And the reward of loving family of Mohammad
Is emphasized to be a reminder
That will truly known on the day of judgment

Aliflammeem
Is about the blessings of the Guides
Of which Hassan Al-Askari
Must prepare for their disappearance
If the nation had failed their trial
And these chapters are wisdom of that
And talk about the aftermath
And transition

Aliflammeemraa
Therein you find for every people there is a guide
Who can perform miracles
As signs and proofs to him being a guide
And he is the path of God
And God is to be prayed to often
So we can be guided by this guide
A promise binding on God
And so this is about the Twelfth Imam

In these sacred letters
Lies a secret
Do with it what you may
Believe or disbelieve
Indeed they are hidden yet manifest
No meaning attached in apparent
Yet who is represented by them is known with reflection
A miracle in itself

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As for Fatima (a) and AlifLamRaa.

Surah Yonus: "The houses" is not plural two but more, and so we can deduce Mariam (a) sister of Musa (a) and Haroun (a), is included in that. The first chapter with Alifmamraa is to say Fatima (a) was one of the Messengers with Mohammad (s) as was Ali (a), and she is important and holy regardless if she is mother of Imams (a) or not.

Surah Hud: "Good news" to Sarah (a), and holy position of Fatima (a) as mother of the successors of Mohammad (s) and reward Mohammad (s) accused of is only upon God to do. "mercy and blessings upon you Ahlulbayt indeed he is praiseworthy majestic" is found there.

Surah Yusuf: "An example of a leader from offspring of Sarah (a)" and "reward" Mohammad (s) is accused of is reminded to be a reminder to the worlds in reality.

Surah Ibrahim: True reasons Ismail (A) is sent to Mecca and Sarah (a) is MOTHER of ISMAIL: - jealousy story with slave is a fabrication. Also pure tree of which Fatima (a) links branches back to Mohammad (s).

Surah Al-Hijr: Emphasis on good news again and also light position in the sky of Fatima (a) is important to understand here for women to not be bisexual and to take refuge away from Shayateen and into the asylum of God.

Then 3 Surahs associated with her and under jurisdiction of the above ones with respect to aliflamraa though aliflamraa not mentioned.

Surah Al-Nahl: "star and family of the reminder and relying on them for clarification" - Fatima (a) is hence the reminder there as well and she clarifies Quran as well.

Surah Isra: Fatima (a) is Sidratal Muntaha as well and was one of the great signs seen by Mohammad (s) beyond Gabriel.

Surah Kahf: Negation of love of wealth for knowledge, Fatima (a) was not given a rich man by Mohammad (s) but the wisest man as husband.

This is the end of The AliflLamRaa series.

This why I associated that sequence with Fatima (a).

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

Philosophy of fasting Ramadan and the Surah it's mentioned in

One of the things in Quran is that it repeats a lot, but there is still uniqueness to Surahs repeating same facts. I talked a lot about how the precise chosen ones mentioned and in the way they are mentioned upon reflection is not random at all.

Today I want you guys to notice something unique about Surah Baqara:

1. The emphasis on belief in "the hidden/unseen" is unique
2. The mention of fasting is unique
3. The mention of Talut (a) is only found in this chapter and his story only appears here.

This is not coincidence.

To explain, fasting, the Quran integrates some subjects here. There is a verse with "seek help from patience and Salah and indeed it is hard except on the humble", the it is singular and not dual plural, and this is because if you are patient it is implied you will perform Salah. But it's said patience is also linked and what is alluded to here, is fasting. If you are patient, you will be able to fast, and Salah will be formed, and so it's one and the same thing. This is usage of singular against plural.

Another place we find this is that there is a singular reference to "left" imply the family of Musa and family of Haroun are one family and this is used to emphasize on Talut's (a) Authority.

Talut (a) tests his followers with water, most are unable to not drink from it, and hence he says "they are not from him", what does it mean to be from Talut? Believers are from Talut and he is their leader and light.

Before that there was also talk of the Mana and that Bani-Israel didn't want to be patient on one food. The mana from sister of Haroun (a) and Musa (a), Mariam (a) the first one, was supernatural and linked to God's light and next world. Thus it shows preferring food of lower type, was in a way, succumbing to the lower self over the higher spiritual reality.

This emphasis is also uniquely found here in this Surah.

Government and justice, needs discipline by followers. Linking to how Bani-Israel got established government in an oppressed state, shows, that God wants pious to help enforce justice and did not want government to be build on superficial worldly impatient reasons. This is why Samuel (a) warned them, they may not fight. They could not foresee the test, but this shows, fighting in God's way should be with full submission to the leader and guide of their time. Talut (a) and Samuel (a) appear no where else.

Also, Samuel (a) name doesn't appear, but in the start of every chapter but one, it says "by the name of God..", that is Arabic version of Samuel's (a) name without shortened. Imam Ali (a) in a ziyarat we address him as "Peace be upon you name of God that he is pleased with"

There is many topics in this Surah and they are all linked. But we can see, that fasting is about being disciplined to obey God and his Messengers. Talut (a) was disobeyed with respect to thirst. They were thirsty, but he said, you can drink a bit. So they all drank a lot and were not disciplined. Same with the Mana of Mariam (a) the first one, they were not patient.

God is the reward per hadiths of fasting. Also linked with this, is the impatience of followers of Musa in that they didn't support the Prophets and didn't drink of the Twelver rivers alluded to by Musa's(a) miracle, in form of Guides after Musa, but sought even dark arts from devils of Jinn and their friends of humans, and accused Sulaiman (a) of it.

The Quran is said to be revealed in Ramadan. But we know not all of it was revealed that month. It can be that this saying something else about month of Ramadan. It can be saying the month itself is a time where the universe is in a state where Quran is revealed at higher level. Somehow the Ramadan, has Quran in it, in a way other months do not.

God is telling us we can drink and eat of the Quran in Ramadan, in ways, other months it's not as accessible. Thus the month of Ramadan, has been revealed the Quran or it's brought down in it.

The family of Mohammad and Ali (peace be upon them) in this time are well received. The devils have less control. They are in a way shackled. What does shackled mean?

This holy month, because the reminder which is in Mohammad's (s) heart is easier and found therein over all months.

Thus Quranic light and Wilayat of the Twelve Jaffars (oceans/lakes/rivers) after Mohammad (s), is heavily alluded to. We see there is emphasis on bani-ISrael to eat the sustenance of God and that all knew their drinking place with respect to the Twelve Rivers and they are condemned for instead killing and denying the Prophets.

What does this all mean? The unseen reality of Ramadan is witnessed by the heart. The Quran is reminding of a higher reality, that higher reality has more influence in Ramadan. The Quran is somehow found and brought down in this month over all other months.

The Ayat Kursi is also peak of Quran. The word Mulk in Quran appears 40 times in Quran. It's as if also that this peak is supposed to give spiritual water and life to all the "mulk" verses because it's God's seat that extends to all things and over whole of universe.

This is what was actually entrusted to Musa (a), and his successors (1) Haroun (a), (2) Samuel (a), (3)Talut (a), (4) Dawood (a), (5)Sulaiman (A), (6) Elyas (a),(7) Alyasa (a), (8) Dul-Kifl, (9) Imran (a), (10)Zakaria (a), (11) Yahya (a), (12) Isa (a) in Bani-Israel, and now given to Ahlulbayt of Mohammad (s) and his Twelve Successors (a) for rest of humanity till the day of judgment.

Tranquility is found in these holy souls and fasting is about connecting to the unseen hidden reality of God's Authority (mulk) and it's by his name that God reigns through his seat. That is how God is upon his seat. Through his name.

Ramadan is itself unseen belief. It's signs are hidden except for those who seek help from God through patience and through connecting to God through ritual prayers.

The households chosen by God - they are meant to be entered through their doors and not from behind. Most of humanity wants to claim one of these houses for themselves, and go to leaders that are not doors of God.

So we see Samuel (a) and Talut (a) appearing and his story appearing in this Surah and no where else, is calculative and associating the story with fasting. The link to Ayat Kursi and his authority which is God's Authority which he gives to who he pleases, is undeniable.

Than a cool down happens after Ayatul Kursi, in which, it's mentioned Tyrants reject God's Kings like Ibrahim (a) in the past, because of what God has given Ibrahim (a) of the authority, they can't submit to it. People largely arguing and disputing the truth of God, heaven and hell, also do so so they don't submit to God's Authority on earth.

People want to follow their low desires and hence argue about God only due their knowledge, God has given his authority to who he pleases. They don't want to submit.

Fasting is a way, to fight lower desires then as well. It's a leap of faith with the unseen reality of Ramadan (the month) but it's also a choice to not want the lower world, but the higher unseen pleasures and sustenance of God. It also is a huge contrast that one connects to God's chosen ones and means than to succumb to dark magic and that world of demons.

Patience is heavily emphasized and we see this is the longest Surah also with the longest verse in Quran. The link of that, with Mohammad (s) and Ali (a), and their chosen offspring through Fatima (a) is undeniable.

But the nation was reckless in preferring the Dunya and let the Imams (a) be killed one by one. To God is the complaint and we do with what the cards we been dealt.

I have talked about somethings that if you reflect, should begin to see, the Quran although repeats, is also calculative in what it repeats and what it does not, and in which place something or someone is mentioned. Indeed these are signs for a people who reflect.

Last edited: