• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sigh...

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
So, while trimming my beard today, I took the trim guard off mindlessly and shaved a 2 1/2 inch patch of hair off my face. Thankfully my beard is super short, so it will fill in in 2-3 weeks, and thankfully it's covered by my mask so people at work won't know. :D Until then, I'm looking even more goofy than usual.

Do you guys have any other minor inconveniences or grievances you'd like to whinge about?

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I was looking up books on demonoIatry but I spelt it wrong and couldn't find any. After correcting the spelling I found kindle unlimited had only 22 titles and hardly any I could use.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't feel like making dinner. I just don't want to. Nope. Don't wanna, don't wanna.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I was looking up books on demonoIatry but I spelt it wrong and couldn't find any. After correcting the spelling I found kindle unlimited had only 22 titles and hardly any I could use.

Oof... That's the downside of obscure resources. It can be a pain to track down good and accurate information.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
What does your husband do when you get burnt out? He might need to be drafted into the kitchen. :D

When I was pregnant with Yudhi, I was too pooped to cook one night. My husband(who is a chef by trade) and LeeAnder, my oldest, were going to make blueberry pancakes. About ten minutes later, LeeAnder was screeching and Sam(my husband) was laughing...

The pancakes were both burnt and undercooked. The whipped cream was a blob.

My husband is not allowed in my kitchen.

When I'm burned out, we do ramen.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I suggest investing in a competent rice cooker... When you have rice on hand, all manner of easy meals become accessable. Many of them can be cooked right in the rice cooker, and when the thing is finished, the meal is ready. :)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So, while trimming my beard today, I took the trim guard off mindlessly and shaved a 2 1/2 inch patch of hair off my face. Thankfully my beard is super short, so it will fill in in 2-3 weeks, and thankfully it's covered by my mask so people at work won't know. :D Until then, I'm looking even more goofy than usual.

Do you guys have any other minor inconveniences or grievances you'd like to whinge about?

Shaving is definitely one of them for me, too.

Another thing is having to go to the bathroom at an inopportune time.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Basmati rice is very forgiving as well... not much you can do to it that it can't come back from.

VoidCat

Another inconvenience is having a menstrual cycle. For me its minor aside from the headaches I get and the occasional minor cramp. For other its more then minor its debilitating.

VoidCat

Whats another....oh yeah asking Loki for help and him deciding to do something to cause chaos and pull a few tricks

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
My phone internet coverage dropped out for a few hours this morning. Was forced to shop without the aid of music :eek::mad::mad::mad:

Samael_Khan

Goosebender

Same thing happened to me a while back. I had to even my beard out. :facepalm:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Taking the cat to the vets yesterday (currently illegal because of covid restrictions )
Walking with the cat carrier to the car and trod on a pebble. Twisted my ankle, ouch.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
When I was pregnant with Yudhi, I was too pooped to cook one night. My husband(who is a chef by trade) and LeeAnder, my oldest, were going to make blueberry pancakes. About ten minutes later, LeeAnder was screeching and Sam(my husband) was laughing...

The pancakes were both burnt and undercooked. The whipped cream was a blob.

My husband is not allowed in my kitchen.

When I'm burned out, we do ramen.

I have a whole lot of good movies on my work Apple Mac. So I bring my harddrive to work (which is a mission because it is one of those old ones with a power cable) so that I can download the movies onto it, only to realise that it is NTFS and Mac, as bloody usual, is incompatible with almost anything on a PC because Apple is so Elitist! Thankfully, I downloaded a trial software that makes mac NTFS compatible but that also took a while and a restart to install.

I hate Apple. Makes sense, since their logo is based off the apple that caused Adam and Eve to fall from Grace, so it is no bloody surprise that their hardware would add to our misery as well.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

The only hair I’ve trimmed anywhere on my body since the beginning of December is my nose hair. I won’t even attempt to trim my beard, as knowing my OCD tendencies, once I start, l’ll continue to find something not quite even and will ultimately end up clean shaven.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
The only hair I’ve trimmed anywhere on my body since the beginning of December is my nose hair. I won’t even attempt to trim my beard, as knowing my OCD tendencies, once I start, l’ll continue to find something not quite even and will ultimately end up clean shaven.

Yah, I can be OCD, too. That's why I use the beard guard! Apparently I can't even do that, though. It's like training wheels for shavers, and I dun took a spill in the nearest ditch...

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Using the hair cutter (#5) on the top of my head, the guide fell off and the trimmer kept trimming... a swath of really short hair in the middle of all my hair (even if I don't have that much in the first place).

So... I trimmed it all down to the same size until it grew back again.