• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should You Feel Embarrassed for Fulfilling Biblical Prophecy?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
In today's world, full of skeptics, especially the religious ones....

If you even admit fulfilling Biblical prophecy, most people's inclination is to ridicule you, and belittle you as another fraud, before ever assessing the info.

So fair enough in the grand scheme of things, if a person really did fulfill prophecy, they'd know from God it is real....

Yet should they feel embarrassed, and refrain from telling religious people, or do the complete opposite, and boldly state the reasons they've been sent? :innocent:

If I were Satan, I would be extremely embarassed to be so stupid to fulfill that final prophecy....especially by knowing it in advance.

Ciao

- viole

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
What makes the case solid?
The Biblical text adding up, to what you've already been shown, in a very concise method.
Your hypothetical included assumptions that are unlikely to be true.
Which assumptions? o_O
If you guys could tell us how to become a christ or a prophet then maybe we would listen.
A Christ (anointed one) or prophet is someone on cannabis holy anointing oil (Exodus 30:23-24 Kaneh-Bosem). :innocent:
If I were Satan, I would be extremely embarassed to be so stupid to fulfill that final prophecy....especially by knowing it in advance.
Interesting take; so are you saying the only person left to turn up, is satan? :eek:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Interesting take; so are you saying the only person left to turn up, is satan? :eek:

Imagine you are Satan . You read John's revelation (we can assume you can read) and how you are supposed to behave in order to make the prophecy, that will seal your fate, true.

Only an idiot will do exactly like what is written there.

That is probably why Jesus return is missing in action. He is ready, sword, killing eyes and all. Silly thing, Satan is not playing along, lol

Ciao

- viole

A Vestigial Mote

I would say that it shouldn't really matter what you feel, when you feel it, etc. If you truly are THE fulfill-er of a given prophecy, then isn't your prophetic success/failure/"outcome-in-general" already a guarantee?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Nobody believes in this stuff anymore. Nobody. If you walked into church and said 'God has given me a prophecy that he will return in one year's time,' they'll just sort of put on their best middle-class smile and nod at you before heading toward the bar area.

There's a bar area in your church?

A Vestigial Mote

There's a bar area in your church?
It was a metaphor for those believers simply moving on with life and ignoring the person/thing putting them in the uncomfortable position of actually having to believe. Though I am quite sure you already knew that without my help...

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
If you even admit fulfilling Biblical prophecy, most people's inclination is to ridicule you, and belittle you as another fraud, before ever assessing the info.
If someone made such an extraordinary claim my first question would be, "Are they mentally ill, on drugs, or both?" Until I had a solid "No" to that mundane question there would be no point to assessing the claim itself. I know that there is an enormous number of people with similar delusions. People are very poor judges of many things, especially themselves. And even more particularly when they frequently do drugs such as (for example) cannabis.
Tom

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
if a person really did fulfill prophecy, they'd know from God it is real....

Yet should they feel embarrassed, and refrain from telling religious people, or do the complete opposite, and boldly state the reasons they've been sent? :innocent:
They should proclaim it. But hopefully they provide evidence/reasons why we should believe them.