• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Trump pardon Tiger King Joe Exotic?

Should Trump pardon Joe Exotic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Unsure/Maybe

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I just watched your video for you.
Trump didn't even know the guy, doesn't know about it, and didn't sai he's thinking about it.

I'm confident the matter of injustice possibly done to Tiger King will be brought to the attention of our P.O.T.U.S. who will have members of his American justice staff determine if Tiger King is worthy of a presidential pardon.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm confident the matter of injustice possibly done to Tiger King will be brought to the attention of our P.O.T.U.S. who will have members of his American justice staff determine if Tiger King is worthy of a presidential pardon.
What injustice to him? What about the injustice he does to tigers? What about his cruelty and abuse towards tigers? Why shouldn't he be locked in a cage for our own amusement and entertainment, to gawk and stare at him like a mere object?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And, so you know, Trump has already leaned towards not favoring animal abusers, and did increase penalities for animal abise on federal grounds.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
What injustice to him? What about the injustice he does to tigers? What about his cruelty and abuse towards tigers? Why shouldn't he be locked in a cage for our own amusement and entertainment, to gawk and stare at him like a mere object?

Joe Exotic's exhibition of large cats isn't any more abusive than the housing of tigers and lions at most any other zoo.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
housing of tigers and lions at most any other zoo.
Thats about like saying he jumps as high as athletes in the special Olympics. Or cooking a hamburger as well as McDonalds. And, of course, tigers are wild animals, not collectible trophies to be put on display.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
A proper zoo is primarily concerned with conservation, not money-making.

This one, for just one example.

Chester Zoo
Those zoos that are good, they tend to leave me with feelings of very deep hatred towards people because, no matter how well treated those animals are, they are locked up in a cage, for life, entirely removed from theor natural habitat, because, basically, people equal **** and screwed up with other animals and the natural world so bad that animal inprisonment appears desireable.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Those zoos that are good, they tend to leave me with feelings of very deep hatred towards people because, no matter how well treated those animals are, they are locked up in a cage, for life, entirely removed from theor natural habitat, because, basically, people equal **** and screwed up with other animals and the natural world so bad that animal inprisonment appears desireable.
Some species (or it may already have happened) are likely to only exist in zoos. Maybe they can be re-wilded, but yes, the single cause is of course the bald great ape.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Tigers are not pets. If someone thinks this to buy one then they are at best ignorant (as Mike Tyson admitted) or if someone says this to sell one all they are doing is making money, the tigers are simply goods to be traded. I wasn't aware this despicable trade was legal in the US. America should look to its own practices before it starts claiming the moral high ground and pointing at other countries.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Tigers are not pets. If someone thinks this to buy one then they are at best ignorant (as Mike Tyson admitted) or if someone says this to sell one all they are doing is making money, the tigers are simply goods to be traded. I wasn't aware this despicable trade was legal in the US. America should look to its own practices before it starts claiming the moral high ground and pointing at other countries.

Perhaps we can agree most people wouldn't know how to domesticate tigers, but they can be made into some people's pets by the likes of the Tiger King.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It's pretty amazing to be this far into a thread calling for a convicted demon's pardon, and not have any evidence or rationale for the call presented.

Unless the US legal system is drastically different to what I'm used to, there'll need to be some reference to the actual case he was convicted on, and some evidence disputing the facts as they were previously presented.

Otherwise this amounts to 'I was watching Netflix and have sympathy for the crazy Tiger guy, so the President should intervene.'

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
It's pretty amazing to be this far into a thread calling for a convicted demon's pardon, and not have any evidence or rationale for the call presented.

Unless the US legal system is drastically different to what I'm used to, there'll need to be some reference to the actual case he was convicted on, and some evidence disputing the facts as they were previously presented.

Otherwise this amounts to 'I was watching Netflix and have sympathy for the crazy Tiger guy, so the President should intervene.'

Please let us at least be understanding of how a person might likely react to somebody who were ruining his livelihood; if a zoo keeper's life long desired career as well as his freedom were threatened to be up ended by a crazed animal rights activist, then we should at least be understanding of why this zoo keeper might want to have this adversary of his be gone from him.

Last edited: