• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Trump pardon Tiger King Joe Exotic?

Should Trump pardon Joe Exotic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Unsure/Maybe

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Please let us at least be understanding of how a person might likely react to somebody who were ruining his livelihood; if a zoo keeper's life long desired career as well as his freedom were threatened to be up ended by a crazed animal rights activist, then we should at least be understanding of why this zoo keeper might want to have this adversary of his be gone from him.

So, to be clear, do you think he's not guilty, do you think there are extenuating circumstances, or do you think he was justified?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
So, to be clear, do you think he's not guilty, do you think there are extenuating circumstances, or do you think he was justified?

I wouldn't be surprised if Joe Exotic had indeed put out a contract to bump off his adversary Basket Case Carole whom I suspect to have killed her second husband, considering the circumstance of Tiger King being put under a lot of duress by her, he should be pardoned.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I wouldn't be surprised if Joe Exotic had indeed put out a contract to bump off his adversary Basket Case Carole whom I suspect to have killed her second husband, considering the circumstance of Tiger King being put under a lot of duress by her, he should be pardoned.

Place someone under enough stress and they should be allowed to put out a contract on your life?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Place someone under enough stress and they should be allowed to put out a contract on your life?

Of course not, Joe Maldonado-Passage has now served over 16 months in jail for his crime where I'm confident he now realizes his wrongdoing of putting out a contract against anybody, even somebody who had ruined his livelihood and life long dream of being a zoo operator. Also, out of concern for Joe's well being, I don't want him being jailed in the middle of a pandemic. I've petitioned for him to be freed, and I'd kindly urge others to do likewise.

PureX

Veteran Member
Of course not, Joe Maldonado-Passage has now served over 16 months in jail for his crime where I'm confident he now realizes his wrongdoing of putting out a contract against anybody, even somebody who had ruined his livelihood and life long dream of being a zoo operator. Also, out of concern for Joe's well being, I don't want him being jailed in the middle of a pandemic. I've petitioned for him to be freed, and I'd kindly urge others to do likewise.
1. So far, prison is one of the safest places to be in the pandemic.

2. Paying someone to murder someone on your behalf is a very, very serious crime. And certainly experiencing a loss of livelihood does not justify it, in any way.

Why you feel the desire to excuse this crime is incomprehensible to me.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
1. So far, prison is one of the safest places to be in the pandemic.

2. Paying someone to murder someone on your behalf is a very, very serious crime. And certainly experiencing a loss of livelihood does not justify it, in any way.

Why you feel the desire to excuse this crime is incomprehensible to me.

Pass. I still don't see why this case gets your interest, apart from his celebrity. What is your confidence in him realizing his wrongdoing based on? Has he apologised?

Honestly, somebody in my life had kept me from being a multi-millionaire, I plotted revenge against this person, but then decided this would be against my best interest However, I can still relate in this way to Joe Maldonado-Passage's ( aka Joe Exotic's/ Tiger King's ) character.

By the way, prisoners can't be socially distanced in their cafeteria, so I doubt this is a safe place for them to be during this corona virus pandemic.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Pass. I still don't see why this case gets your interest, apart from his celebrity. What is your confidence in him realizing his wrongdoing based on? Has he apologised?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

Joe can't apologize as this would be an admission of guilt, which would ruin his currently held defense of being framed. I'm guessing Joe now realizes he is on lots of people's radar, so he wouldn't be going around seeking any murder for hire ventures.

PureX

Veteran Member
Honestly, somebody in my life had kept me from being a multi-millionaire, I plotted revenge against this person, but then decided this would be against my best interest However, I can still relate in this way to Joe Maldonado-Passage's ( aka Joe Exotic's/ Tiger King's ) character.
But that's a character flaw on your part, though, isn't it? Apart form the danger of being caught out, didn't it occur to you that a human life is not logical or moral guid pro quo for being cheated out of money?
By the way, prisoners can't be socially distanced in their cafeteria, so I doubt this is a safe place for them to be during this corona virus pandemic.
Nevertheless, the stats show that they are among the safest places to be, right now.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Joe can't apologize as this would be an admission of guilt, which would ruin his currently held defense of being framed. I'm guessing Joe now realizes he is on lots of people's radar, so he wouldn't be going around seeking any murder for hire ventures.

So, you're confident he realises he was wrong, although he won't admit it because he is currently running a defence line stating that he was framed?
Colour me uncompelled.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Nevertheless, the stats show that they are among the safest places t
Do you have any idea of the other infections going around in the often overcrowded jails and prisons? MRSA is one of the nasty ones that people are prone to getting while locked up.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
So, you're confident he realises he was wrong, although he won't admit it because he is currently running a defence line stating that he was framed?
Colour me uncompelled.

Fine then, if you don't care about Tiger King getting sickened by covid or rotting away in jail, then please don't bother petitioning him to be freed from prison.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Do you have any idea of the other infections going around in the often overcrowded jails and prisons? MRSA is one of the nasty ones that people are prone to getting while locked up.

Bad conditions in prison is not a logical reason to let the criminals out. It is a logical reason to reform our prisons.

Eight of the top 10 hotspots for the COVID-19 cases in the U.S. are connected to jails and prisons, according to data from The New York Times. 8 of The Top 10 Biggest U.S. Coronavirus Hotspots Are Prisons and Jails

If you'd agree releasing rehabilitated convicts from jail where they've been overcrowded, those the likes of Tiger King who'd unlikely be a re-occurring offender, would safely help solve prison overcrowding conditions and make jails less conducive to the spread of Covid around prisons into the community population, then I ask you kindly to please petition for Joe Exotic ( aka Tiger King ) to be freed from jail.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
those the likes of Tiger King
You do not know that man. You do not know if he's rehabilitated, you don't know if he'll continue to abuse tigers or not, we don't even know if he'll get back into the tiger trophy business.
then I ask you kindly to please petition for Joe Exotic ( aka Tiger King ) to be freed from jail.
I'd much sooner sign a petition to castrate him at the neck. As an animal abuser, in my eyes he is as bad as a rapist. There are, according to me, none worse. I'd much rather sign a petition that he spend the rest of his life in a cage and on display for our amusement. The exact same idea of his tiger business, only this time its an ape on display instead of a tiger. But I don't want him to have a way out. So, unlike how he killed tigers he had locked up, I don't want him dead. I want him to endure the same fate he condemned those tigers to.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Bad conditions in prison is not a logical reason to let the criminals out. It is a logical reason to reform our prisons.
Actually, letting inmates out to solve overcrowding is a logically sound move. However, I never advocated releasing them just because the jails and prisons are overcrowded. For many years I have advocated getting the nonviolent and petty drug offenders (the b7lk of those locked up) out of the system and never locked up again if they aren't a danger.