• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should the UK and Canada trust the USA today

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Actually it was funny, but not in the way it was intended. I'll explain in terms Revoltingest is sure to understand: conservatives laughing it up because Obama accidentally switched the words "states" and "state primaries"....
This is the first time I've heard that explanation for his gaff. How would we know that was his intent?

America can be trusted.
I wouldn't trust'm....they're a shifty lot.

This is the first time I've heard that explanation for his gaff. How would we know that was his intent?
There were 57 Democratic primary contests in 2008 (50 states plus DC, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Samoa, Texas caucuses, Guam, Dems Abroad). He may have meant something else, who knows? What's obvious is that he did not mean there are 57 states in the Union. He misspoke and his opponents reacted like Homer Simpson laughing at the nuclear physics professor (and probably for the same reasons of intellectual insecurity).