• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should people vote on the abortion issue foremost?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The largest number of abortions are entirely natural.
And a relatively small number of fertalised eggs make to maturity. Many others are still born or die soon after birth . Does God care about these, or does he choose them for his own.?
Where is the sanctity of life for these.

In the rest of the animal kingdom live births that survive infancy are a small minority.
Is that not God's plan either?

This belief that abortion is anti God is entirely mawkish.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I'll refer you to what I said to danieldemol.. The mindset in america that is against abortion, is also very often against contraception.. so that might save you some effort the next time you want to use that in your argument
Despicable in my eyes. Not one ounce of humanity. And you guys call yourselves a Christian nation. For shame

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
You want to use what interpretation of the word murder in applying it to killing babies, how, exactly?
The legality of the issue. Duh!
Meaningless babble. The word for a baby when it is very small in the womb is child in the bible. Mary was with child' etc. Calling Jesus a zygote changes nothing. Naturally killers tend to try and dehumanize their victims..
Words matter, my friend. You might not think that it does but we communicate in a specific discourse.
Anyone that rips apart a baby or burns or otherwise destroys it is a murderer.
Sexuality is not a factor once the baby is on the way..

Emotional language that does not reflect reality.
Stopping a baby coming using pills is still a way to show you do not want the baby to live. As I said, you seem to want to stop babies any way you can..
You don’t care, clearly
Using a contraceptive is not supporting anything after birth. That is trying to avoid birth. Of course we all hopefully want to help families and make it easier to get by. People that want to kill babies by the hundreds of millions have no monopoly on that!
Don’t care. You want to stop think f about a baby after birth. I do not:.

Seems I care more about babies than you do by default.
We cannot say how their lives will turn out. Many are born in poverty, and many live in poverty and are happy. No need to whack all the poor! .
And maybe they’d grow up to kill hundreds of people. Meh.
Get over the delusion that someone not wanting to destroy children means we do not 'support motherhood' or apple pie..
You demonstrated that you don’t give a damn about motherhood in your previous response. Don’t cry crocodile tears now.
Ever since Eve ate the fruit, giving birth was a challenge. Not any walk in the park, generally. That is no reason to whack babies.
Don’t care
Not Abrahamic, such notions are not relevant to me. Try again
? Why say insane things? Don't pretend I said or agreed with such dark and twisted thoughts. I said I think it is great to help people and families etc. Be honest..
You said as much yourself. Stand by your words, coward.
All crime happens regardless of laws. Laws just hopefully help keep it in line somewhat. I would not want to abolish all laws for crimes just because some killers or thieves might be inconvenienced..
Laws are a bandaid. If you want to truly tackle crime you do so with practical measures. Lest you out yourself as a shortsighted idiot.
More slurs and fabrications. As I said it is GREAT to help the poor and families etc.

I find it disingenuous to bring up isolated exceptions as some excuse for mas mass mass mass murder..
Emotional appeal. Try avoiding logical fallacies. Just some friendly advice
No problem, it is like debating an unarmed man.
If you say so. You have revealed your true motives without me doing anything.

tytlyf

Not Religious
People who do not want millions of innocents murdered do not care about the founding perimeters of America or your opinion of them actually. Protecting innocents is bigger than any nation. I do not believe that any founders of the US preached mass murder of babies either.

Grasping at some story from Israel untold centuries ago that you have zero clue about the meaning, and that does not apply is a desperate act.
It is clear that babies still in the womb are people, such as in the cases of Jacob and Esau, and John the Baptist, and Jesus.
Wouldn't you agree your position on abortion is influenced by your religion?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Making babies unwanted is more the problem. To 'educate' people how to have free sex and damn the consequences is the problem. I think people should be educated in the love of God, and learn to love rather than murder and live in any way they see fit, while sacrificing the children to do so.

People educated in the love-of-God still have sex-and-damn-the-consequences. Humans are driven by sexuality. Being Christian has never been a preventative for an unwanted pregnancy. On the contrary, not being educated in sex and safe sexuality often leads to that very problem.

tytlyf

Not Religious
The problem with abortion is the most people getting abortions are Christians. You can't have it both ways.
Abortion is legal in Israel, should Israel ban abortion?

Why would an anti-abortion activist support nations that murder and kill babies?

ecco

Veteran Member
Murder is forbidden all over the bible as is child sacrifice.

N O N S E N S E !

...And you know it.

Do I really have to quote scripture to you? You can believe what you want to believe about abortion, but stop pretending that your God did not advocate killing children. We could just begin with His Great Flood which killed innocent children as well as fetuses in the womb.

It is one thing to vote for those who advocate mass murder of innocent lives, it is another to allude to God being on your side.

Yes. It is another to allude to God being on your side.

Stop making up concepts and show where scripture prohibits abortions.