• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should people vote on the abortion issue foremost?

dad

Undefeated
Child sacrifice and murder of innocent babies is a big issue for some people. Should they vote with this a a priority? I would suggest it would be a good idea. What do you think? Be prepared to defend your position.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Child sacrifice and murder of innocent babies is a big issue for some people. Should they vote with this a a priority? I would suggest it would be a good idea. What do you think? Be prepared to defend your position.
If you don't want abortions to happen vote in favour of pro contraceptive pro sex educational parties.

To vote in a tyrant just because he supports your superstitious whims is ridiculous

dad

Undefeated
If you don't want abortions to happen vote in favour of pro contraceptive pro sex educational parties.

To vote in a tyrant just because he supports your superstitious whims is ridiculous
I would consider someone that is against the wanton slaughter of millions of babies as a person that has a heart, and some idea of humanity and Scripture. Sex education today has zero to do with respecting babies.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Trump is the antiCHrist, worship him at your own risk!!

danieldemol

Premium Member
Sex education today has zero to do with respecting babies.
To the contrary educating people how to have sex without making unwanted babies has everything to do with respecting babies.

Its the people who think just telling horny teenagers not to engage in sex who'se negligence results in unwanted unrespected babies being made

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Q:
"Should people vote on the abortion issue foremost?"

My answer: I mean, I certainly can. But then I'll still have to vote the same way and vote for Biden. I'm for women's health and choice even in other cases such as Informed Consent at Planned Parenthood clinics in regards to transgender male-to-females wanting Hormone Replacement Therapy. But going back to the issue of the topic... i see anti-abortion rhetoric as doing more harm than good especially with my family seeing Planned Parenthood clinics as evil despite even when we overlook this one issue in debate and in question, the good that they do do.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
This is what is known as a "wedge issue," by which politicians manipulate people, so no. Rather, be wary of those who try to wield the wedge.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Why should this be the only issue? If you care about human life why stop caring after the moment of birth?

Shouldn’t healthcare also be a major issue? Shouldn’t Covid be a major issue?

And we know that things like healthcare, affordable education, employment and a living wage, decent housing etc will have a dramatic effect in reducing the rate of abortion. If you are anti-abortion vote for someone who supports these ideas. Not just someone who wants to control women.

PureX

Veteran Member
Child sacrifice and murder of innocent babies is a big issue for some people.
Adults should understand that the end does not justify the means. When you vote for people who are willing to deliberately install biased judges and create corrupted courts just to get a law that you want, you end up destroying the whole system. Because you end up with politicians willing to do anything to get elected, and public officials who disregard the will of the people they are supposed to be serving in favor of their (and your) own. Good intentioned or not, you're nothing but a saboteur at that point.

Last edited:

Erebus

If you feel that this is the biggest issue in politics then you should make it a priority when voting. We all prioritise some issues over others when we vote.

Personally, I think it's a mistake to criminalise abortion (which I'm assuming is what you're driving at but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) particularly if you neglect related issues such as poor access to contraceptives, sub-par sex education, poverty and rape.

Just to be clear, I'm firmly pro-choice. However, if you want abortion to be a thing of the past, you really need to look into what contributes to somebody choosing to abort. Referring to it as "Child sacrifice" is missing the point completely. Somebody may choose to abort because they can't afford to raise a child, they don't abort because they want to appease a demon.

Tambourine

I think that if people want to enslave women, they should be honest about it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
People are going to do it anyways. I'd rather see this in a sterile proper clinical setting as opposed to infanticide through abandonment via hangers, trash bags, dumpsters, and toilets.

The best way to avoid it altogether is employing proper contraception and education so its not even something on the radar.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

Here's some Number's from the United States 2015

638169 Abortions in a year
128000 Adoptions in a year, Unless you can increase the number of kids being adopted. I am against banning abortion. Children should not be taken care of by the state.
683000 child abuse cases prosecuted a year. I would rather focus on keeping children that are alive safe and happy.

I find it really upsetting that a person can force an unwanted child in the world just because and then do nothing to insure that child grows up healthy and happy. If you want me to support a ban on abortion, I want you to support the heath and happiness of all children.