• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Marijuana Be Legal

Subhood

aintnopartylikeanopenbar
illegal dealers undercut each other all the time, people want a good deal no matter what they buy. is their any studies or actual figures for this "legal price"

If you open any issue of high times magazine you can see the average street level price for some of the highest grade weed in the states is around 400-550 an ounce. this price of course drops as you purchase a higher quantity.

If a legal price were to be designated it would have to be significantly lower than this or street dealers will still make all the money.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
are we talking dank or regs
Usually reg, but some dealers (like, maybe one or two that I have personally met) are generous with dank (high quality for those who don't know). However, I know one guy who sells weed that is so potent, that an 1/8th goes for $120. Due to this massive price (even though one hit will allegedly leave you very high), I have not even bothered with it.
Prices also tend to revolve around police activity here. Higher during the Spring when the weather is nice and cops search people they pull over just to search them, and even higher after a major bust and the town runs dry.

If a legal price were to be designated it would have to be significantly lower than this or street dealers will still make all the money.
I think a legal price would probably be about the same as a street price. People who used marijuana while it's illegal will probably continue to go through there same dealers, out of prior satisfaction and keeping their business at the same place, while it will probably be new smokers that go to a gas station for a pack of Marlboro greens far more often than people who smoked prior.

kai

ragamuffin
If you open any issue of high times magazine you can see the average street level price for some of the highest grade weed in the states is around 400-550 an ounce. this price of course drops as you purchase a higher quantity.

i agree totally, it would have to be so cheap it wasn't worth their while.

Zephyr

Moved on
Keep in mind that many of the soldiers are in Iraq and Afghanistan because they want to do good. My friend Tony Boneca fought with the Canadian Forces and was killed in a firefight defending Kandahar.
Good job, your friend died supporting murderers.

He believed in the humanitarian work the Canadian Forces does. I suppose you rejoice that he was killed? Killed trying to ensure that little Afghani girls can go to school without acid being thrown in their faces? Or religious police beating them if they stray into the streets without a male relative? Killed trying to ensure that millions of impoverished Afghanis can have access to clean drinking water?
All while working for a machine that's lead to thousands of innocent Afghanis being killed. Well done.

Just what crime was my friend Tony guilty of to warrant his death? I'm curious.
A gun's barrel doesn't kill anybody on its own, but the bullet wouldn't make it without one. Even if Tony didn't kill anybody, his job as a soldier ensured that his coworkers could. If he personally isn't a murderer, he sure as hell has helped with many.

None. Zephyr doesnt care. All he thinks is that the war is wrong, and that is that. He doesnt give a dam about anything else. I think that its sick. many people have been inspired by this war. MOST of the soldiers are good hardworking guys
Anybody who is inspired by war is ******* sick and doesn't deserve to be called "people".

Hell, I would be with the Canadian Forces right now, if my family hadn't given me so much flak when I suggested it. I tried to negotiate with them into maybe getting a non-combat role. And after deliberation, I think I can still do what I want - helping people and serving my country - by joining CSIS.

:rolleyes: I wonder if CSIS members deserve to be killed.
If you want to join and die helping the bloodshed, feel free. One less of the murder-inclined lying around. If you really want to die why let your family stop you. Make them proud, serving the state and putting petty nationalism over morality.

Hmm... I have had aspirations about possibly being an air force pilot...but I would have to get lasik, because I have pretty bad vision
Well, at least you'd get to fly really really fast while you bomb the **** out of civilian neighborhoods...

If you can afford it, why not? Sounds pretty cool. I'm in the same boat as you. My vision sucks haha.
Joinin' this crappy vision party.

Anyways, this is p off-topic, so I'll stop here. If any of ya'll wish to continue this, it would probably be most appropriate to have a new thread.

shortfade2

Anybody who is inspired by war is ******* sick and doesn't deserve to be called "people".

*edit*. Come to the Anti-war thread. People who are inspired by helping to defend our country, and want to help people oversees dont deserve to be called people...fine. What have you done thats worthy of you being called a person? heh?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zephyr

Moved on
Ok. Doucher. Come to the Anti-war thread. People who are inspired by helping to defend our country, and want to help people oversees dont deserve to be called people...fine. What have you done thats worthy of you being called a person? heh?

Oh nice personal attack. I can just feel the hate. Please inform me of when I have murdered or have aided in murdering anybody. Until then I will just sit here helping my mom find a heroin ex-addict find a job and home. :)

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Some accomplishments of the Canadian Forces:

- Over 1500 wells, 180 km of irrigation canals, 600 culverts in Kandahar (2003 to Mar 2008),

- over 5,000 km of roads have been built or refurbished nationwide,

- more than 7 million children targeted for polio vaccination nationwide through March 2009; including approximately 350,000 in Kandahar province (2007-08),

- Over 523,000 mines have been destroyed in Afghanistan as of May 2008,

-close to 6 million children (1/3 girls) enrolled in school, 2007-2008 (2001: 700,000, boys only),

- in Kandahar: over 30,000 people provided functional literacy training and over 4,000 received vocational skills training through World Food Programme
in 2007; another 5,000+ students receiving literacy training through UNICEF,

- per capita income has doubled between 2002 and 2007,

- over 80% of Afghans now have access to basic medical care (vs. 9% in 2004),

- infant mortality down 22% since 2001: 40,000 more babies survive every year; under-5 child mortality down 26%,

- over 5 million refugees have returned since 2002; over 197,00 in 2008 (to July) and 365,000 in 2007, with UNHCR assistance,

- 63,000 former combatants disarmed/demobilized; 85,000 light weapons collected; 16,000 heavy weapons secured ,

-Humanitarian demining: nearly 1.3 billion square metres of land cleared since 1989; 55% decrease in monthly numbers of victims from levels just 6 years ago.

Not to mention when the Canadian Forces found out the Afghan Army was torturing Taliban, we started keeping prisoners to ensure they received fair and humane treatment.

And the Canadian Forces are murderers? Of course. Dying to ensure Afghanis can enjoy the same freedoms we all enjoy. And it's certainly one thing to disagree with war and call it a necessary evil or to disagree with the mission itself for this reason or that. But to actually insult someone who died to make someone else's life better, you are certainly a low-life, undeserving of the freedoms you were born with. The freedoms you got because men like Tony took a bullet for you and your family.

Reactions: kai