• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Evolution be taught in Sunday School?

robtex

Veteran Member
I would have to confess that if a religions goal is enlightment and man has been enlightened by the forumla for his existance via evolution than both ideas seem congruent and evolution should be taught in bible school. If however, a religions goal is dogma as a higher precedent and to the detrement of enlightement than maybe evolution is not the way to go if a conflict exists between the two. However, such an institution that values dogma over and in exclusion of the enlightment given by the research on evolution, particularly the evidencable credentials of evolution via fossils, dna, geography and selective breeding should not falsely present itself as an institution of enlightment but rather of one of purely or primarely of dogma.

Iv'e read they have recently found proof that the red sea parted which took place in the book of exodous. How would you explain different languages if we all cam form the same ancestor something had to change that(in bible languages change when they build the tower of babol) Ive also heard proof there was once 2 ozone layers thats why people lived long and the layer fell causing a great flood ( Noah and the Ark ) If im mistaken please correct me

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
preacherman said:
Iv'e read they have recently found proof that the red sea parted which took place in the book of exodous. How would you explain different languages if we all cam form the same ancestor something had to change that(in bible languages change when they build the tower of babol) Ive also heard proof there was once 2 ozone layers thats why people lived long and the layer fell causing a great flood ( Noah and the Ark ) If im mistaken please correct me
Were these "theories" taught in Sunday School?

JerryL

I have looked at Texbooks ive read read anything i could find on Evolution. If you would please read "Evolution: Bone of Contention" BY Sylvia Baker M.Sc. Yes teaching Science in Sunday School is definitly wrong but ID has much evidence to back it up.
If you believe that ID has evidence, then I fear you need to stop seeking "everything you can find" in Christian bookstores.

That said: Let's hear it. Give me one good piece of evidence.

Moderator note: Please give evidence in another thread. The topic of this one is "Should Evolution be taught in Sunday School?"

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
as a thiest I can honestly say that I don't want Christianity taught as science any more than Christians want science in bible study.
Thus far ID has lost the sciencetific evidence criteria to be a viable scientific theory... They seem to have no urge to become a valid scientific theory...

once they can be a valid scientific theory... ie one with testable and verifyable evidence then they have no place in a Science classroom.

wa:do

Fatmop

Archaeology supporting creationism:
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CH/CH120.html
The "Pre-flood vapor canopy:"
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CH/CH310.html
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CH/CH311.html
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CH/CH401.html

All the claims you made are entirely scientifically inaccurate.