• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Evolution be taught in Sunday School?

I guess there is no proof but I live a life of faith you live a life of science. For some reason I know there something out there. I know there is cause its in my heart. After I accepted Jesus my life just changed, I cant explain but you can ask anyone this who has truly been saved and they'll agree. The way I look on things and everything. Being a Christian has helped me stay out of trouble because I know its wrong. Ive seen epopel go from as low as life as you can get selling drugs being in jail and being depress and attemping sucicide. Once they found Jesus they are one of the nicest people and I can rely on the person on anything. No science might not prove my God is out there but it cant prove he isnt.

mr.guy

crapsack
Sure. I can do that just as well as you ignore the arguments contrary to your own. Or how you ignore the main point of this thread. Perhaps you could expound on why creationism should be in classrooms(i'm just assuming you support that. Please correct me if i'm wrong). it wouldn't be any more irrelevent then the rest of your posts.

JerryL

Ive seen epopel go from as low as life as you can get selling drugs being in jail and being depress and attemping sucicide. Once they found Jesus they are one of the nicest people and I can rely on the person on anything.
Compare the Chirstian to Athiest percentages of the US et-al, and in US prisons sometime.

BTW, which part of it required that you reject evolution?

Hey the BIble said that would happen. I dont get you scientists you expect christians to study something against their belief but you wont even look in a bible or allow someone to talk to you.

Ceridwen018

I dont get you scientists you expect christians to study something against their belief but you wont even look in a bible or allow someone to talk to you.
Actually, I am confident that most of us here are actually quite familiar with the Bible. It is you who needs to reciprocate our interest in debate by reading a biology textbook.

That said, my view that teaching evolution in Sunday school is just as ridiculous as teaching creationism in science class still stands.

Fatmop

I dont get you scientists you expect christians to study something against their belief but you wont even look in a bible or allow someone to talk to you.
I'm sorry. I'm taking a class called 'scientific reasoning,' and I'm majoring in economics, but I hardly think I'm qualified to be called a 'scientist.' I am an 'atheist.' To say that I won't even look in a Bible is flat-out wrong; I've looked in it several times, mostly to pull out quotes like this one:
II Kings 2:23-24
"[The prophet Elisha] went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."
I, personally, do not believe the Bible is a particularly great source of morality. Lots of actual scientists, however, DO think so. 40% OR MORE of scientists in America believe in God and are Christians. Please do not think that science is anti-God, or that all scientists are atheists. That's dogmatic, ignorant, and wrong.

Fatmop I didnt mean that at all I know many scientists who believe in God. I have looked at Texbooks ive read read anything i could find on Evolution. If you would please read "Evolution: Bone of Contention" BY Sylvia Baker M.Sc. Yes teaching Science in Sunday School is definitly wrong but ID has much evidence to back it up.

Fatmop

ID has much evidence to back it up.
It does??? Please, enlighten me! Evolutionary biology, geology, anthropology, etc. all have very good evidence to back up evolution! By your reasoning, then, it should be allowed into Sunday School!
If you're ever feeling triumphant, like Intelligent Design somehow cancels out a century's worth of work in the field of evolution, please visit this site.
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/list.html
The header says "Index to Creationist Claims." Included are all arguments made by ID supporters. Look for your arguments there before posting them here.

Fatmop

And, getting way off the subject, that is the worst metaphor I've ever heard. "Hey kids, don't make fun of holy men, or you'll DIE."

Fatmop

What? Where in the Bible does it say that? What it says in the Bible is that 42 children were mauled by two bears (and if you've ever seen a corpse after a bear attack, you'll know that grown men most often do not survive such encounters) simply for ACTING LIKE CHILDREN and making fun of a prophet!

Fatmop

But, once again, that's off-topic. Start a new thread to deal with it, I will not respond here to any other arguments in that vein. Stick with my other questions about ID and evolution/sunday school.

mr.guy

crapsack
preacherman said:
No Bears represented sin and the sin broght them down not kill them. It also shows teh Power of the Lord.
Sounds like animal trainers just got license for divinity.

So men were acting like childrening and sinning and the last punishment for sin is death. And if it takes death to bring me out of a sin PRAISE GOD!!!

mr.guy

crapsack
preacherman said:
So men were acting like childrening and sinning and the last punishment for sin is death. And if it takes death to bring me out of a sin PRAISE GOD!!!
Wow. My childishness must prohibit me from appreciating the depth of this argument within the context of this thread.

Fatmop

Back to your earlier quote:
ID has much evidence to back it up.
What evidence? Scientific evidence? If it really had scientific credence, it would not be such an issue to give it equal time in a science classroom. Likewise, if evolution contained spiritual notions, it would not be such an issue to teach it in Sunday School. If you can show that ID is definitively a scientific theory, and not a God-of-the-gaps creationist account, then I could be persuaded.