• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Bahaism be allowed to be practiced in Iran.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Wrong.

Lo! those who believe, and those who are Jews, and Sabaeans, and Christians—Whosoever believeth in Alláh and the Last Day and doeth right—there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.
Muḥammad ibn ‘Abdu’lláh, "The Meaning of the Glorious Qur’án", 5:69
I am well aware of the claims to tne contrary.

I have learned better. And so should you.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Another one attempting to turn an irrelevant thread into an anti islamic hate thread. It seems like a disease. Mindbogglingly ignorant too.
Oh, come on. Aren't you supposed to claim that the Qur'an is a source of truth?

Why don't you open a new thread for your anti islamic polemics?
I will glady answer to any that you open, thank you very much. Very considerate of you to extend the invitation, in any case.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Oh, come on. Aren't you supposed to claim that the Qur'an is a source of truth?

Irrelevant thread.

I will glady answer to any that you open, thank you very much. Very considerate of you to extend the invitation, in any case.

No no. See that's a topic you are obsessed with in irrelevant threads. So you should open new threads for your irrelevant topics.

As a matter of fact, I have.

That is one of the reasons why I ask.

Great. So could you tell me how you differentiate between the Kithab al Akdhas and the Qur'an as you referred to?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Please be aware, @firedragon : you are not owed an answer at your convenience. That would have be be earned with qualities such as intellectual honesty and fair play.

Take your time. It can happen.

Aah. So you are one of those people who use some cheap ad hominem to satisfy yourself when you don't know something you pretend to.

).

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Err. It was not called the Bahai faith mate. Read your own sources.

And your wikipedia page is full of your own sources. They are theological sources, with no authenticity with proper historical analysis going back to the Bab's time. There maybe some sources, but not the whole page. So see, I don't just read wikipedia pages like you to read about your own theology.
I don't care what it was called. The Babi history is for us considered part of our history. There is a unity between the Bab and Baha'u'llah for us. 99% of Babi's became baha'is. The Bab's whole mission as conceived by Him was mostly to prepare the way for He Whom God shall make Manifest.

I chose Wikipedia because I consider Wikipedia to be relatively neutral. The reason probably it rerers to Baha'i surces may be because Islamic sources are not deemed very credible. You of course would call a Baha'i source as propaganda.
Hmm. So do you claim that the books written by Bahaullah are not sources? I told Link to read what he wrote. If you think they are not good sources to understand your theology, please tell Link not to read Bahaullahs books and recommend some other source.
No, I don't think that the books written by Baha'u'llah are not sources. But I had doubts about how you would see those sources and the sources from Baha'u'llah and Baha'i historians are lengthy and you wouldn't have time to read them. The Wikipedia source was short and there was better chance of it being read as well as a source that I trust to be relatively neutral. It would be nice if Link read Baha'u'llah's books.
Anyway, I will be waiting to see you tell Link not to read Bahaullah's books because you told me that they are not objective and advised me to read more objective sources, not propaganda which means you insinuated Bahaullah's books are propaganda. Or did you just jump the gun?
They could be seen as propaganda by someone like Link or you too. I don't believe they are propaganda.

Truthseeker

I am well aware of the claims to tne contrary.

I have learned better. And so should you.
You do have to look at the whole picture and not just one quote, that's true. But I strive to look at the whole picture. Looking at the whole picture is beyond the scope of this thread and must be done by individual investigation and judgement anyway. We have concluded different things from our own investigation and let's leave it at that.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I don't care what it was called.

Then don't reply with a strawman.

No, I don't think that the books written by Baha'u'llah are not sources.

Then don't just defy what someone said without reading it properly. I was directly asking Link to read books written by Bahaullah and I guess I referred to Shirazi as well (Can't remember exactly).

So just because you lost your temper, it's not my fault that you didn't read me referring to your own Bab and Bahaullah and their books asking Link to read them and not call your faith a "cult".

Sad.

But I had doubts about how you would see those sources and the sources from Baha'u'llah and Baha'i historians are lengthy and you wouldn't have time to read them.

Just because you don't read, don't think others are just like you. If you don't want others to read Bahaullahs books it's your prerogative. But others maybe more sophisticated in their approach.

So prior to telling others to read "objective sources", analyse what they actually said.

They could be seen as propaganda by someone like Link or you too. I don't believe they are propaganda.

But it was you who said not to read propaganda referring to my post where I was referring to Bahaullah's books. ;)

Truthseeker

So just because you lost your temper, it's not my fault that you didn't read me referring to your own Bab and Bahaullah and their books asking Link to read them and not call your faith a "cult".
I haven't lost my temper at all. I have been even tempered. You misread me. I saw what you said to Link.

I don't like talking to you, that's true. You are a debater, and I don't like to debate. There is never any agreement between us. I wonder why I bother. I say why bother with resignation, not anger.

Truthseeker

ust because you don't read, don't think others are just like you. If you don't want others to read Bahaullahs books it's your prerogative. But others maybe more sophisticated in their approach.

So prior to telling others to read "objective sources", analyse what they actually said.
I do read. I have read a lot. Where did I say don't read Baha'u'llah's books? I don't know what you mean by the last sentence. You lost me. I want to terminate this. There's no talking to you in a reasonable way. I'm not angry when I say this, by the way. Just feeling hopeless about talking to you.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I do read. I have read a lot. Where did I say don't read Baha'u'llah's books? I don't know what you mean by the last sentence. You lost me. I want to terminate this. There's no talking to you in a reasonable way. I'm not angry when I say this, by the way. Just feeling hopeless about talking to you.

I also surrender, mostly out of bewilderment.

Regards Tony

firedragon

Veteran Member
I haven't lost my temper at all. I have been even tempered. You misread me. I saw what you said to Link.

I don't like talking to you, that's true. You are a debater, and I don't like to debate. There is never any agreement between us. I wonder why I bother. I say why bother with resignation, not anger.

Just ad hominem. Irrelevant.

I referred to your own statement, where I was referring to Bahaullahs own books, and you were telling me that I am reading propaganda.

Think clearly.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Aah. So you are one of those people who use some cheap ad hominem to satisfy yourself when you don't know something you pretend to.

).
I am many things and I fall short of many.

If you want some sort of report, we may arrange a price, I suppose.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I also surrender, mostly out of bewilderment.

Regards Tony

Tony. I told Link to read Bahaullah's books.

@Truthseeker comes and tells me to read "objective sources" and not to read "propaganda" when I was telling him to read original Bahai sources.

So if you are bewildered about someone advising someone else to read Original Bahai sources, there is something seriously wrong with people.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Tony. I told Link to read Bahaullah's books.

@Truthseeker comes and tells me to read "objective sources" and not to read "propaganda" when I was telling him to read original Bahai sources.

So if you are bewildered about someone advising someone else to read Original Bahai sources, there is something seriously wrong with people.

Thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding.

That is indeed good advice.

Regards Tony

Truth in love

1. Their religion is political enemy with Muslims and Shiites.
2. Interpret Quran to support enemies against Shiites and Muslims.
***STAFF EDIT***
4. Support Israel #1 enemy of Iran.

***STAFF EDIT***

Thanks for letting me know Khomeini (q) and Khamanei (ha) were right about this. I thought it was just propaganda all this time against you guys.

Yes, while their are points of their belief I disagree with I’m a big fan of religious liberty.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
1. Their religion is political enemy with Muslims and Shiites.
2. Interpret Quran to support enemies against Shiites and Muslims.
***STAFF EDIT***
4. Support Israel #1 enemy of Iran.

***STAFF EDIT***

Thanks for letting me know Khomeini (q) and Khamanei (ha) were right about this. I thought it was just propaganda all this time against you guys.
I think that freedom of religion is a human right. There should be freedom of religion everywhere. Muslims and Bahais need to learn how to live together in peace in Iran and everywhere else.

And the ONLY reason that Iran is Israel's enemy is because IRAN constantly threatens to destroy Israel. Iran needs to learn to get along with Israel as well.

ppp

I think that freedom of religion is a human right. There should be freedom of religion everywhere. Muslims and Bahais need to learn how to live together in peace in Iran and everywhere else.

And the ONLY reason that Iran is Israel's enemy is because IRAN constantly threatens to destroy Israel. Iran needs to learn to get along with Israel as well.
I think that it goes beyond that. It is simply impossible to prevent people from believing.