• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should a business be allowed to not serve someone because they voted for someone they don't like?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
They can't stop anyone for that reason. It is just an idle sign you can heed or ignore. I can see an activist for Trump wanting to get their goat after eating though, so their idea might backfire on them.

habiru

For example, this Hawaiian restaurant says they will not serve people who voted for Trump
'You cannot eat here': Hawaii café riles residents with ban on Trump voters
Well that restaurant owner will have to deal with the sudden hike of crime that will arise when the lack of money is coming into the economy.. Then pretty soon that there will be nobody coming to tourist state like Hawaii just to visit. That restaurant owner is a shill for the Hillary and Obama's administration. The reason why is that the Hawaiians citizen is tired of Hillary's main supporter and which that is George Soros and which he is one of the owners that owns part of Monsanto corporation. And which Monsanto is disliked in Hawaii. They has been playing a lot of tricks with the farmers in that area. All they has to do is bring awareness that the restaurant owner is a shill for Monsanto, that none of the other businesses will not follow after him.

habiru

No, to be fair they should display a Hillary poster, making it unfit for anyone to eat.
tumblr_inline_mt7itkyMz61r7lhpt.gif

habiru

Yes, why not? What is the difference between a restaurant choosing not to serve Trump supporters and a baker choosing not to bake a gay couple's cake?
Tom
The difference between the two is that the Trump's supporter is not Gay.
A tit for a tat method doesn't work. They need to work on the one wrongful act, but not adding the to it. That it will make matter even worst when they add. The baker will say, "look they get to do what they want, so why can I do the same?" And so it will be a never ending process if they are promoting vengeful behavior.

Proverbs 17:13 Evil will never leave the house of one who pays back evil for good.

Romans 12:19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.

habiru

I will not want to eat at a place that hates President Trump if I was a supporter of Trump. They can do anything to our meals. I prefers them to let me know how they feel about President Trump,

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Yes, why not? What is the difference between a restaurant choosing not to serve Trump supporters and a baker choosing not to bake a gay couple's cake?
Tom
Yes, but its certainty stupid , and rather childish, just like the idiot who wouldn't make the bloody cake.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The difference between the two is that the Trump's supporter is not Gay.
Got it. It's OK to discriminate against gay people, but not Trump supporters.

I don't particularly care for laws of this sort. If I decide not to sell something, for whatever reason, the consumer is better off going elsewhere.
I've never done that. I have done work for people who's politics and religion I loathed. Good work, my standards are what they are and I won't drop them for anybody. I am the best at what I do around here. I'm also expensive, you have to get over that part. But part of the reason I like what I do is that I can throw the president out of my store on his butt and nobody can do anything about it. It's my place.

Around here, though, the only people who seem to feel entitled to things are Christians and black people. We gay people just avoid people who don't want our custom. It isn't difficult.
Yes, but its certainty stupid , and rather childish, just like the idiot who wouldn't make the bloody cake.
But, nevertheless, Trump supporters just elected a vice president who passed legislation giving people that right. The law is known as RFRA. Religious Freedom Restoration Act. Mike Pence passed a law making it legal to discriminate here in my state of Indiana.
Tom

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Got it. It's OK to discriminate against gay people, but not Trump supporters.

I don't particularly care for laws of this sort. If I decide not to sell something, for whatever reason, the consumer is better off going elsewhere.
I've never done that. I have done work for people who's politics and religion I loathed. Good work, my standards are what they are and I won't drop them for anybody. I am the best at what I do around here. I'm also expensive, you have to get over that part. But part of the reason I like what I do is that I can throw the president out of my store on his butt and nobody can do anything about it. It's my place.

Around here, though, the only people who seem to feel entitled to things are Christians and black people. We gay people just avoid people who don't want our custom. It isn't difficult.

But, nevertheless, Trump supporters just elected a vice president who passed legislation giving people that right. The law is known as RFRA. Religious Freedom Restoration Act. Mike Pence passed a law making it legal to discriminate here in my state of Indiana.
Tom
I don't know about that, there is so much crap going on, who do you really believe, your guess is good as mine.......as I keep saying time will tell.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I don't know about that, there is so much crap going on, who do you really believe, your guess is good as mine.......as I keep saying time will tell.
I do know about that.
I grew up in Pence's home state. His home town, actually. He solidly believes that gay people need to stay in the closet. Or else...
He devoted a good deal of his political career to making that happen.
Tom