• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shoe is on the other foot: Prove there is not God.

Walkntune

[QUOTE:facepalm:i guess your saying that i could see god if id only look? so you must think that people who dont believe in god havent looked? ][/QUOTE]
Sometimes God finds you when you quit looking. He is not seen or found through the mind but only in faith. The carnal mind is an enemy to God.You see the world through the carnal mind and then you make your fears and faith line up with what you see.When you walk by faith you are not moved by the storms of life around you but our able to stay focused and keep clarity of mind and observe all opportunities even in the middle of chaos.More importantly you also discover who God ..Notice how the thoughts changed for the deer as it went from feeling safe to fear.Its opportunities changed from enjoying the goodness of the land to having to run. A person of faith enjoys the goodness of the land even in the middle of trials and tribulations.

Myers

Did you know the difference between a successful person and those who are not have nothing to do with your intelligence but is actually relative to your awareness. The more in faith you are in your fight and flight response the more aware you are of the oppurtunities in front of your face.The deer who feels safe is looking around and seeing the goodness of the land and is not blinded by fear.Fear has a protective purpose but when you hold on to it even when there is no danger you stay blinded to opportunities.

Yes, when people overcome their fears, they are able to think more clearly and see the opportunities in front of them. But that doesn't necessarily mean they become religious.

I believe death might occur at this point.
Being stuck in fear which alters your thinking which over time may cause your chemicals in the brain to alter and cause mental illness does not mean your fight and flight response was deficient so maybe you can explain what you mean?

I'm not struck with fear. My ability to feel fear is severely impaired in comparison to normal people.

Myers

Notice how the thoughts changed for the deer as it went from feeling safe to fear.Its opportunities changed from enjoying the goodness of the land to having to run. A person of faith enjoys the goodness of the land even in the middle of trials and tribulations.

The deer that's too busy gazing at grass to pay any mind to the hunter is bound to get shot.

Walkntune

The deer that's too busy gazing at grass to pay any mind to the hunter is bound to get shot.
This is why its important to grow in awareness as you grow in faith!Remeber its your awareness that dictates the reality that you see and you have just proven my point. When you look at reality with the mind instead of through the eyes of faith(fight and flight response which was designed for protection and we were not created to observe the world out of thoughts) you may find yourself in a place you wish you were not!
Thoughts were meant to rationalize awareness, not rationalize the world!

Last edited:

dust1n

Zindīq
For those who don't believe in God, what makes you think your science is correct.

I don't, necessarily. Somethimes it is wrong, and sometimes it is right. Science is usually corrupted by capital interests. Instead of "the search for truth and understanding" it's "how can we genetically alter a cow to produce the most meat in the shortest period of time off the cheapest foods, synthetic injections, feeding them corn (instead of grass, their natural food).

Similar things have happened in the religious institutions as well.

Last edited:

challupa

This is why its important to grow in awareness as you grow in faith!Remeber its your awareness that dictates the reality that you see and you have just proven my point. When you look at reality with the mind instead of through the eyes of faith(fight and flight response which was designed for protection and we were not created to observe the world out of thoughts) you may find yourself in a place you wish you were not!
Being centered and grounded, yet alert, has nothing to do with belief in god. You are making way to many assumptions.

Walkntune

Being centered and grounded, yet alert, has nothing to do with belief in god. You are making way to many assumptions.
I never had to make an assumption. Just as fear can go in one direction all the way to you hit death,faith goes in the other direction all the way to you find life.How far do you think faith can go??
If there is no God then is there a limit in the direction faith can go? For me I stopped at God but if you can go further I would suggest being careful!
Like I said reality is discovered through awareness and not by thoughts. Thoughts change as awareness changes so you discover God through awareness and then your thinking lines up accordingly.

Last edited:

challupa

I never had to make an assumption. Just as fear can go in one direction all the way to you hit death,faith goes in the other direction all the way to you find life.How far do you think faith can go??
If there is no God then is there a limit in the direction faith can go? For me I stopped at God but if you can go further I would suggest being careful!
Oh brother! I don't need god, nor faith to be centered, grounded and alert. You might, but I know I don't.

Myers

its your awareness that dictates the reality that you see and you have just proven my point. When you look at reality with the mind instead of through the eyes of faith(fight and flight response which was designed for protection and we were not created to observe the world out of thoughts) you may find yourself in a place you wish you were not!

I'm am aware of the world in which I live, and I have yet to see a god. I don't see your point.

And when you say the two emotions are fear and faith, are you implying that if one wishes to see with "faith", one must be free from fear? I don't completely understand that...

dust1n

Zindīq
Like I said reality is discovered through awareness and not by thoughts. Thoughts change as awareness changes so you discover God through awareness and then your thinking lines up accordingly.

Main Entry: 1faith
Pronunciation: \ˈfāth\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural faiths \ˈfāths, sometimes ˈfāthz\
Etymology: Middle English feith, from Anglo-French feid, fei, from Latin fides; akin to Latin fidere to trust — more at bide
Date: 13th century
1 a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty b (1) : fidelity to one's promises (2) : sincerity of intentions
2 a (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) : complete trust
3 : something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs <the Protestant faith>
synonyms see belief
&#8212; on faith : without question <took everything he said on faith>

Is faith endless?.. Oh boy.

Walkntune

I'm am aware of the world in which I live, and I have yet to see a god. I don't see your point.
What is so hard to understand. Your awareness of the world is only that at which you are in your fight and flight response. Only through faith is your awareness of God revealed. Also your carnal mind will never see God.He is felt through your awareness in your heart which is actually the core of your fight and flight response.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
For those who don't believe in God, what makes you think your science is correct.

Because if it wasn't the things we do and the progress we make would be faulty.

To say such a thing is just gross ignorance of what science is and what it does.

Walkntune

To say such a thing is just gross ignorance of what science is and what it does.
I know what science is. Science and observes the world through a logical mind and then line up awareness accordingly.Completely backwards from how we were created to be. We are supposed to observe the world through awareness and then use our rational thinking and thoughts to process our awareness accordingly. This way we our led by our faith(fight and flight response that keeps us safe remember) and not by sight so we get shot like the deer did.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I know what science is. Science and observes the world through a logical mind and then line up awareness accordingly.Completely backwards from how we were created to be. We are supposed to observe the world through awareness and then use our rational thinking and thoughts to process our awareness accordingly. This way we our led by our faith(fight and flight response that keeps us safe remember) and not by sight so we get shot like the deer did.

Science in theory and science in practice are two different things.
I should know.
We were not created to be anything, you're making assumptions here with nothing to support it. Also, we were not "created." Well, not the way we are anyway.

Rational thinking as you speak of would lead us to not believe in a god which does nothing for our race except waste time we could use to do something useful.

Walkntune

I have already shown the benefits of awareness and just because you make your own limits and then through out a sentence in a dogma style has no bearing to the truth.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I have already shown the benefits of awareness and just because you make your own limits and then through out a sentence in a dogma style has no bearing to the truth.

Benefits to YOU!!!

Just because you make your own sweeping definitions does not make them apply to everyone. Things that sound rational to you may not to others.

I do not make limits. Im telling things as they are, not what i want them to be as you are.

Myers

What is so hard to understand. Your awareness of the world is only that at which you are in your fight and flight response. Only through faith is your awareness of God revealed. Also your carnal mind will never see God.He is felt through your awareness in your heart which is actually the core of your fight and flight response.

The fight or flight response is activated when one perceives a stimulus to be a threat. Awareness is simply the state or ability to feel, perceive, or be conscious of events. One does not have to be in a state of hyperarousal in order to be conscious of events.

And the heart is not the core of the fight or flight response.