• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shi'a Imami Nizari Ismaili Tariqah

ohhcuppycakee

Assalamu alaikum.
Does anyone have any information on this sect?
I have been researching the sect for a long time, but the best resources on the sect are very expensive books.

desifubu

i am an ismaili Muslim, what would you like to know.

wikipedia has a simple gist of it. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ismailism also you can visit theismaili.org

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Is it true Ismaili muslims greet each other with "Ya Ali Madad"

And is it true Ismaili muslims dont pray like the 12-ers and sunnis

Union

Salam , all . Firstly welcome to RF , Desifubu :foryou:

I like to know , do you have proof from 12-er reliable source in favor of the Imam Ismail as an appointed successor from Imam Jafar Sadique ?

Now my question to Asad . Do you have proof from the Ismaili reliable source that Musa Al-Kazim was the real successor from Imam Jafar Sadique and not Imam Ismail ?

Thanks in advance .

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali

I like to know , do you have proof from 12-er reliable source in favor of the Imam Ismail as an appointed successor from Imam Jafar Sadique ?

Now my question to Asad . Do you have proof from the Ismaili reliable source that Musa Al-Kazim was the real successor from Imam Jafar Sadique and not Imam Ismail ?

Thanks in advance .

That isn't what this thread is about, and it is not in my intentions to argue with the poster. Not only is debate not allowed in the DIR, but it is pathetic for you to come here and attempt to create dispute.

This thread has the opportunity to show Ismaili teachings from an Ismaili muslim. You're attempt to make it an argument is pathetic and isn't appreciated.

ohhcuppycakee

Thanks in advance .

This topic is not for theological debating, it for informational purposes. I am not interested in arguing about which sect has the correct interpretation.

desifubu

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_pillars_of_Ismailism
Salah "Prayer": Unlike Sunni and Twelver Muslims, Nizari Ismā'īliyya reason that it is up to the current imām to designate the style and form of prayer, and for this reason the current Nizari practices resemble dua and pray them three times a day. These three times have been related with the three times that have been mentioned in the Qur'an: sunrise, before sunset, and after sunset. In contrast, the Musta'lī maintain five prayers and their style is generally closely related to that of the Twelvers. The Druze believe that the meaning of prayer is sidqu l-lisān "speaking Truth (to/about God)" and do not believe in five daily prayers. They do sometimes attend prayers, which is the practice of the "uninitiated" (juhhāl) and historically was also done for reasons of taqiyya.

desifubu

That isn't what this thread is about, and it is not in my intentions to argue with the poster. Not only is debate not allowed in the DIR, but it is pathetic for you to come here and attempt to create dispute.

This thread has the opportunity to show Ismaili teachings from an Ismaili muslim. You're attempt to make it an argument is pathetic and isn't appreciated.

i think its fair game, we all have our reasons to ask questions, and if i don't have cognizant proof of what i believes in, then i am no better then a person who believes in jesus christ (with all due respect) is son of god. Believing something blindly is not good for your soul and can create doubts.

desifubu

This topic is not for theological debating, it for informational purposes. I am not interested in arguing about which sect has the correct interpretation.

After Ja'far al-Sadiq's death during the reign of the ‘Abbāsids, various Shī‘ī groups organised in secret opposition to their rule. Among them were the supporters of the proto-Ismā‘īlī community, of whom the most prominent group were called the "Mubārakiyyah".
There are hadīth which state that Ismā‘īl ibn Ja‘far "al-Mubārak"[citation needed] would be heir to the Imamate, as well as those that state Musa al-Kadhim[3][23] was to be the heir. However, Ismā‘īl predeceased his father.
Some of the Shī‘ah claimed Ismā‘īl had not died, but rather gone into hiding, but the proto-Ismā‘īlī group accepted his death and therefore that his eldest son, Muḥammad ibn Ismā‘īl, was now Imām. Muḥammad remained in contact with this "Mubārakiyyah" group, most of whom resided in Kūfah.[citation needed]

In contrast, Twelvers don't believe that Isma'il ibn Jafar was ever given the nass ("designation of the Imamate"),[24][25] but they acknowledge that this was the popular belief among the people at the time.[26] Both Shaykh Tusi[24] and Shaykh al-Sadūq[25] did not believe that the divine designation was changed (called Bada'), arguing that if matters as important as Imāmate were subject to change, then the fundamentals of belief should also be subject to change. Thus Twelvers accept that Mūsá al-Kāżim was the only son who was ever designated for Imāmate.

this is also from Wikipedia, i am not able to scans any books but maybe one day.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
i think its fair game, we all have our reasons to ask questions, and if i don't have cognizant proof of what i believes in, then i am no better then a person who believes in jesus christ (with all due respect) is son of god. Believing something blindly is not good for your soul and can create doubts.

Of course not, but as I never spoken with an Ismaili, I'd rather spend the time asking questions and for an Ismaili point of view, rather then go into debate.

After Ja'far al-Sadiq's death during the reign of the ‘Abbāsids, various Shī‘ī groups organised in secret opposition to their rule. Among them were the supporters of the proto-Ismā‘īlī community, of whom the most prominent group were called the "Mubārakiyyah".
There are hadīth which state that Ismā‘īl ibn Ja‘far "al-Mubārak"[citation needed] would be heir to the Imamate, as well as those that state Musa al-Kadhim[3][23] was to be the heir. However, Ismā‘īl predeceased his father.
Some of the Shī‘ah claimed Ismā‘īl had not died, but rather gone into hiding, but the proto-Ismā‘īlī group accepted his death and therefore that his eldest son, Muḥammad ibn Ismā‘īl, was now Imām. Muḥammad remained in contact with this "Mubārakiyyah" group, most of whom resided in Kūfah.[citation needed]

In contrast, Twelvers don't believe that Isma'il ibn Jafar was ever given the nass ("designation of the Imamate"),[24][25] but they acknowledge that this was the popular belief among the people at the time.[26] Both Shaykh Tusi[24] and Shaykh al-Sadūq[25] did not believe that the divine designation was changed (called Bada'), arguing that if matters as important as Imāmate were subject to change, then the fundamentals of belief should also be subject to change. Thus Twelvers accept that Mūsá al-Kāżim was the only son who was ever designated for Imāmate.

this is also from Wikipedia, i am not able to scans any books but maybe one day.
What is the concept of Imamate in Ismailism?

Union

Salam all and thanks desifubu for your information . I do really appreciate your healthy approach to answer the questioners . Thanks again .

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
I don't have much information about Ismai'li Shia Islam...

Could any one inform me about how many Imams do the Ismailis have?

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
This might pretty sum-up :
[/IMG][/URL]

ohhcuppycakee :
Aga Khan IV is the current imam. He's the 49th.

Thank you both..
Does this mean that Ismailis don't accept the 'Mutawatir' Hadith in which the prophet said that the imams are 12, which is accepted by both the Shiites and the Sunnis?