• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Share your favorite quote

Spiderman

Veteran Member
actually, it doesn't have to be your favorite. Just a quote that you like.
My Therapist was mentioning some things like

It's darkest before the dawn

The Lotus can't exist without the mud

We are happy as we choose to be

Anyway, I'm eager to hear more. If there is a quote you are fond of please do share

b087d2c846449404d672542dd16c5494.jpg

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
"I have never agreed with my other self wholly. The truth of the matter seems to lie between us. " -Kahlil Gibran.

I like it because I often feel at odds with myself. I believe, desire, am multiple conflicting things. It is comforting to remember that neither extreme may be "right", and that reality falls somewhere in between.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Right now, this. --> "Those who know the essential to be essential and the unessential to be unessential, dwelling in right thoughts, do arrive at the essential." ~Buddha, The Dhammapada

I like my signature too.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I hate when people say you don't need alcohol to have fun. You don't need running shoes to run but it fecking helps. -Father Ted meme

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
A few of them .

"I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past

I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be

nothing.

Only I will remain."

Frank Herbert, Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

RELIGION
(emulation of adults by the child) encysts past mythologies: guesses, hidden assumptions of trust in the universe, pronouncements made in search of personal power, all mingled with shreds of enlightenment. And always an unspoken commandment: Thou shalt not question! We break that commandment daily in the harnessing of human imagination to our deepest creativity. -Bene Gesserit Credo

And one I saw the other day -

"Can that which is the greatest virtue in philosophy, DOUBT, be in religion what the priests term it, the greatest sin?" Bovee

SethZaddik

The old "Gnostic" maxim:

Try to learn all things, but keep yourself unknown.

And I will also quote the Prophet Mohammed (s.a.w.s.) twice because I have two more favorites.

"Seek after knowledge even though it is ( to take you as far as) to China."

(Narrated by Ibn Adi and Al-Baihaqi on authority of Anas).

"Return evil with GOOD."

Salaam.

SethZaddik

From the Qur'an, Al-Baqarah 146

"but some of them conceal the truth which is known to themselves."

This regards concealing knowledge, it is prohibited if it is knowledge that people have a right to, Judgement Day, responsibility for sin, what is sin, etc. Not only religous knowledge but it is the most important, for a believer in a religion at least.

"Whoever conceals it, his heart is tainted with sin."

"Evidence" is what is being concealed in 2:283, but evidence leads to knowledge and it is the spirit of the letter of the text, evidence of religous knowledge.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There are so many I could choose. But this one popped into my mind right now so:

To penetrate into the essence of all being and significance, and to release the fragrance of that inner attainment for the guidance and benefit of others, by expressing in the world of forms truth, love, purity and beauty — this is the sole game which has any intrinsic and absolute worth. All other happenings, incidents and attainments in themselves can have no lasting importance.
— Meher Baba

VioletVortex

"I am the one, Orgasmatron, the outstretched grasping hand. My image is of agony, my servants rape the land. Obsequious and arrogant, clandestine and vain, two thousand years of misery, and torture in my name"-Lemmy Kilmister

"We have not interested Thule from our ancestors, we have borrowed it from our children"-Varg Vikernes

VioletVortex

"I am the one, Orgasmatron, the outstretched grasping hand. My image is of agony, my servants rape the land. Obsequious and arrogant, clandestine and vain, two thousand years of misery, and torture in my name"-Lemmy Kilmister

"We have not interested Thule from our ancestors, we have borrowed it from our children"-Varg Vikernes

We have not INHERITED Thule from our ancestors. Damn you autocorrect.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
"In beauty, faults conspicuous grow;
The smallest speck is seen in snow." - Gay

"He drew a circle that shut me out -
heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win;
We drew a circle that took him in!" - E. Markham

"He was a wise man who originated the idea of God." - Euripides B.C. 480-406

"Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo." - H. G. Wells

Lives like money are spent. What are you buying with yours?" R. H. Williams

I have saved quotes all over the place. I'm posting them as I come across them. :D

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
--- Marcus Aurelius