• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

serve the Creator ?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Does man serve the Creator and Judge whether they think they do or not?

I think if people think they serve the Creator I think they miss out on something important

I can not even control my own heartbeat, my breathing goes without me thinking about it
Fortunately I need not put the right juices into my stomach to have it well digested

Seems to me there is someone "serving us" 24/07

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
God is in control, we are all part of God's perfect plan, we all serve God's purpose, we all are God's servants... whether we realize it or not.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Ahhh...a gentle breeze just brushed my cheek,
serving me a respite from the ongoing heat,
maybe it's the service of `God's` breath,
not the Stuff of Earth's doing.
I think not, it is wind's Stuff.

DPMartin

I think if people think they serve the Creator I think they miss out on something important

I can not even control my own heartbeat, my breathing goes without me thinking about it
Fortunately I need not put the right juices into my stomach to have it well digested

so you are say man's existence is to be served, correct?

DPMartin

Ahhh...a gentle breeze just brushed my cheek,
serving me a respite from the ongoing heat,
maybe it's the service of `God's` breath,
not the Stuff of Earth's doing.
I think not, it is wind's Stuff.

what, in your circumstances you find something pleasing? and you see that it is serving you?

if you were freezing and wet the breeze wouldn't be pleasing or serving you. are you saying that your judgement of what is good and evil should be served?

stvdv

so you are say man's existence is to be served, correct?
No I did not imply that.

Does man serve the Creator and Judge whether they think they do or not?
First: "I do not have a picture of the Creator"
Second: "I do not see the Creator as a Judge"
Third: "I do think that man in general does a lot of thinking, whether they think they do or not"

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I do acknowledge that humans (not just men) serve the gods regardless of whether or not it is desired or intended. In a polytheistic context, though, the gods are neither "Creator" nor "Judge," but the various aspects of our world or governors thereof. As such, the mechanism @lewisnotmiller mentions in his earlier post looks rather different. The gods aren't some distant "out there" phenomena, they are the phenomena. It's less a mechanism than "if you are a career teacher, you are inevitably of service to (or a conduit and embodiment of) gods/spirits of learning, education, and knowledge." In polytheism, the focus of practice tends to be about acknowledging this and cultivating a more meaningful relationship with the forces that are part of our lives.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Doesn't seem that way to me at all.

From fatal viruses and horrible parasites, to hurricanes and tsunamis, to the rather ignorant and instinct driven humans that keep getting born, the human situation is attempting to escape the disaster that The Creator is responsible for (if there is any responsibility, I don't think there is.)

It seems pretty obvious to me that The Creator doesn't care about anything at all. Certainly not humans, any more than stars and galaxies and viruses and molecules.
Tom

stvdv

Doesn't seem that way to me at all.

From fatal viruses and horrible parasites, to hurricanes and tsunamis, to the rather ignorant and instinct driven humans that keep getting born, the human situation is attempting to escape the disaster that The Creator is responsible for (if there is any responsibility, I don't think there is.)

It seems pretty obvious to me that The Creator doesn't care about anything at all. Certainly not humans, any more than stars and galaxies and viruses and molecules.
Tom

That is one way of looking at things.

I always take responsibility for my own actions.

So I only see a world full of people who make a mess of it

And then they blame "some Creator" for it. That is the easy way pointing fingers at others IMO

I don't do that. If people make a mistake, that is their mistake. No need to blame "an unproven God" for that

But I am fully aware that most people are wired that way (pointing at others)
And so I understand that take every opportunity to point, even point at God
At least no one can prove them wrong, because God is not proven to exist

DPMartin

No I did not imply that.

First: "I do not have a picture of the Creator"
Second: "I do not see the Creator as a Judge"
Third: "I do think that man in general does a lot of thinking, whether they think they do or not"

surly a maker of a thing is the judge of when it is finished, complete, perfect, or better said in this case sees that it is good in his own judgement.

man is locked into his own heart, of which he can't escape of his own power. thinking is an option, in the pursuit for opportunities for the fulfillment of what is in his heart.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If there is some creator who wants me to serve it, then this creator has some serious 'splaining to do.

stvdv

surly a maker of a thing is the judge of when it is finished, complete, perfect, or better said in this case sees that it is good in his own judgement.

man is locked into his own heart, of which he can't escape of his own power. thinking is an option, in the pursuit for opportunities for the fulfillment of what is in his heart.

You can only be the judge if you judge. This whole judgmental thing is "human thinking" IMO. Hence Bible/Scriptural advice "Judge not"

A good Teacher always teaches by example. If God asks us "do not judge", then I hold God to it. So God does not judge

And that is exactly what I learned from Buddhism, Hinduism, Advaita "Be a witness", meaning "judge not"

So I am totally senang with my "non judgmental" + "unconditional Love" God picture

And I am also totally senang if all others in the world disagree

I won't even debate them on that