• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senator Rand Paul Attacked After Presidents Acceptance Speach

Each and every minute of the video had violence.
I don't mean to pile on, but my recollection of the video is there was one instance of violence: a cop pushed a guy who seemed to be off camera, and the guy pushed him back. I assume the cop was simply doing his job and pushed the guy for a reason (but I don't know).

I went back and watched the first minute of the video carefully. I did not see violence in this minute. I saw people standing around a public official in what appears to be a public area, shouting at him to say Breonna Taylor's name. Shouting at someone is not nice. But as far as I can tell, this constitutes protected free speech under the First Amendment. I would not call it okay .... but I am not sure I would call it "violence".

I still do not agree with the way protesters hounded him, in any event, and I certainly do not agree with shoving a cop who is simply protecting a public official in a crowd.

I also think it is odd to tell Senator Paul to say her name when he helped introduce legislation against no-knock warrants. For similar reasons, I think it is odd a seemingly authentic man like Rand Paul (whether you agree with his politics, or not) would defend and provide air cover for an orange swamp-monster like Donald Trump, the least authentic person in America.

Watchmen

Premium Member
I don't mean to pile on, but my recollection of the video is there was one instance of violence: a cop pushed a guy who seemed to be off camera, and the guy pushed him back. I assume the cop was simply doing his job and pushed the guy for a reason (but I don't know).

I went back and watched the first minute of the video carefully. I did not see violence in this minute. I saw people standing around a public official in what appears to be a public area, shouting at him to say Breonna Taylor's name. Shouting at someone is not nice. But as far as I can tell, this constitutes protected free speech under the First Amendment. I would not call it okay .... but I am not sure I would call it "violence".

I still do not agree with the way protesters hounded him, in any event, and I certainly do not agree with shoving a cop who is simply protecting a public official in a crowd.

I also think it is odd to tell Senator Paul to say her name when he helped introduce legislation against no-knock warrants. For similar reasons, I think it is odd a seemingly authentic man like Rand Paul (whether you agree with his politics, or not) would defend and provide air cover for an orange swamp-monster like Donald Trump, the least authentic person in America.
If the situation were reversed I’m confident you would feel differently.

Watchmen

Premium Member
And yet you go on unable to support your claim and unable to deminstrate how this would be res ipsa loquiter (it is most definitely not that).
It speaks for itself and if the situation were reversed you’d be throwing a fit.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It speaks for itself and if the situation were reversed you’d be throwing a fit.
You have to establish negligence and other things for res ipsa loquiter.
And did you miss me asking for evidence from the one saying Rand was tossing brush or whatever on the lawn of the guy who tackled him?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
4d5.png