• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Searching for the outlier: Atheist Edition

Hello RF,

I am looking to find/chat with a very particular person/people. Atheists always say the only thing Atheists have in common is lack of belief, true or not, is not the point of this thread so let’s not argue it. I have found a plethora of other similarities between Atheists because in my opinion, and ONLY MY OPINION there’s more to Atheist/Atheism. Pretty much all the Atheists I have met all support LGBT, “believe” in evolution and have very similar thoughts and opinions on religion, sin, morality and a plethora of ever issues. Again, whether I am right or not here, this is my opinion and NOT the main point of this thread. So, with that said, I am searching for an Atheists or Atheists that meeting ALL of the following

1) Do not “believe” in evolution

2) Do not support the LGBTQ

3) “Believe” in free will

4) Accepts that there are things we simply cannot understand and never will

5) Accepts that there has to be an uncaused caused aka first cause. This does NOT have to mean or be God. This is also known as the Infinite regress argument/fallacy.

Before anyone thinks I am attacking Atheists, I am not. This is a genuine question. I also plan on starting a similar thread for Judaism, Islam and Christianity.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hello RF,

I am looking to find/chat with a very particular person/people. Atheists always say the only thing Atheists have in common is lack of belief, true or not, is not the point of this thread so let’s not argue it. I have found a plethora of other similarities between Atheists because in my opinion, and ONLY MY OPINION there’s more to Atheist/Atheism. Pretty much all the Atheists I have met all support LGBT, “believe” in evolution and have very similar thoughts and opinions on religion, sin, morality and a plethora of ever issues. Again, whether I am right or not here, this is my opinion and NOT the main point of this thread. So, with that said, I am searching for an Atheists or Atheists that meeting ALL of the following

1) Don’t not “believe” in evolution

5) Accepts that there has to be an uncaused caused aka first cause. This does NOT have to mean or be God. This is also known as the Infinite regress argument/fallacy.

Before anyone thinks I am attacking Atheists, I am not. This is a genuine question. I also plan on starting a similar thread for Judaism, Islam and Christianity.

I meet some of your specifics, i believe i have free will and i know that some things will never be known.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Hello RF,

1) Don’t not “believe” in evolution

Did you mean the double -ve in (1)?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
When I was an atheist I was still against ssm and elective abortion. Such folks are awfully rare but do exist.

Last edited:
i think you'll find #s 1,2 and 5 to be sticking points

2,3, and 4 I can imagine. 1 and 5 I would think are relatively rare.

Since you both said something similar, I reply to both in 1 post.

First off, I agree 1 and 5 can be difficult hence, the outlier. In any case, if if the only thing that unites atheists is the lack of belief, why would it be so hard to find such an individual? if its only lack of belief then, shouldn't atheists come in "all shapes and sizes"? or is there more "baggage" to being an atheists than simply the lack of belief? I guess what I am trying to ask, does being an atheist (putting aside the dictionary's definition of the word) come with more than just a lack of belief since that lack of belief comes from somewhere that has a lot of "baggage" attached to it?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Since you both said something similar, I reply to both in 1 post.

First off, I agree 1 and 5 can be difficult hence, the outlier. In any case, if if the only thing that unites atheists is the lack of belief, why would it be so hard to find such an individual? if its only lack of belief then, shouldn't atheists come in "all shapes and sizes"? or is there more "baggage" to being an atheists than simply the lack of belief? I guess what I am trying to ask, does being an atheist (putting aside the dictionary's definition of the word) come with more than just a lack of belief since that lack of belief comes from somewhere that has a lot of "baggage" attached to it?
I'm not sure I follow. What unites atheists is a lack of belief in one specific hypothesis, viz. the existence of a deity. It's not an unwillingness to believe anything, in general, surely?

Though I suppose it might come with a general scepticism, if that's what you are getting at. In which case I might expect atheists to tend to require a certain standard of evidence before they believe. But I expect many atheists don't intellectualise their stance any more than most religious believers do, so perhaps that doesn't always apply.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Psychos usually capitalize atheist, so I was just asking.
tenor-25.gif

....let's keep it civil now.