• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientists create living eating and growing machines...

tas8831

Sorry, SkepticThinker ... but there will never be enough 'evidence' for one whom God (for whatever reason) has not called

For those whom he (God) foreknew ..
he also predestined to become conformed to the image of his Son ..
so that he would be the firstborn among many brethren
and these whom he predestined .. he also called .. and these whom he called ..
he also justified .. and these whom he justified ..
he also glorified .... Romans 8:29-30 <><
Man, that pulpit-pounding fool is a clown!

"SCIENCE.... came into EXISTENCE... because of creation!"

Stupidity multiplied - what are we supposed to 'learn' from some anti-reality money-grubbing evangelist?

Dell

Asteroid insurance?
The whole term "living machine" is an oxymoron... kinda like "real artificial intelligence". Computer programs can mimic human intelligence (that's why it's called artificial) and what these scientists have created mimics life. Then there's the whole philosophical discussion about what we define life to be. If we define it as something that machines can't have, then we can't create living machines.
A study of chemistry and biology one could think life is more mechanical than we would like to accept. What could living organisms have that couldn't be replicate if we had the technology? If it were possible to 3d print replicated cells to replace origional cells in a body, what would be the difference from the original body in functionality?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, I'd like to hear your refutation

Wait, you expect others to watch a dishonest video and you refuse to watch one that refutes it? That is unreasonable.

But we can discuss this. Bring up your claims yourself and I will tell you how we know them to be wrong. The video that that was based upon was one where Tours lied about the work of Jack Szostak. It was a rather false apology since he did not ask the for the video where he told those lies to be taken down, but one can find several sources that tell you of it:

Tour Apologizes to Szostack
http://www.jmtour.com/wp-content/uploads/John-West-on-Szostak-Article.pdf
Stones and Bones

So what would you like to discuss first?

Cleary

God is sovereign and in control <><
Wait, you expect others to watch a dishonest video and you refuse to watch one that refutes it? That is unreasonable.

But we can discuss this. Bring up your claims yourself and I will tell you how we know them to be wrong. The video that that was based upon was one where Tours lied about the work of Jack Szostak. It was a rather false apology since he did not ask the for the video where he told those lies to be taken down, but one can find several sources that tell you of it:

Tour Apologizes to Szostack
http://www.jmtour.com/wp-content/uploads/John-West-on-Szostak-Article.pdf
Stones and Bones

So what would you like to discuss first?

all you have to do is to demonstrate how one 'creates' life from non-life ...... have fun

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
all you have to do is to demonstrate how one 'creates' life from non-life ...... have fun

Nope, there is no such need. By that standard you need to show how your version of god created life from non-life. Let's try to reason rationally. You used a bogus source. I gave you a video to watch that explained how he lied. I offered to go over any points that you are willing to bring up yourself. Instead you used another dishonest source for another video. I can debunk this in the same way:

Why don't you try to learn the basics of science? By relying on dishonest sources you only make yourself look dishonest. Is "lying for Jesus" a strategy that Jesus would approve of?

Cleary

God is sovereign and in control <><
Nope, there is no such need. By that standard you need to show how your version of God created life from non-life.

Sorry ... but the things seen came about by things unseen ...

By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command,
so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible .... Heb 1:3

Man has no ability to examine the creation, it's not to be repeated
since you have no 'scientific' answers of your own ... I find it a little arrogant of you to dis-regard all others

The eyewitness account of Creation .mp3

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sorry ... but the things seen came about by things unseen ...

By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command,
so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible .... Heb 1:3

Man has no ability to examine the creation, it's not to be repeated
since you have no 'scientific' answers of your own ... I find it a little arrogant of you to dis-regard all others

The eyewitness account of Creation .mp3
The Bible is not an eyewitness account. Tell me, do you believe that God lies?

Bob the Unbeliever

....... intelligence is required

Sorry? Horse Exhaust. I had to dig, to find out which Liar For Jesus organization this was from. Disco Institute? Naaah.... if they published a paper that water was wet? Well, I'd worry the earth was drying out...

Didn't even bother a watch, so horrible is the reputation of the Disco Fake News

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sorry? Horse Exhaust. I had to dig, to find out which Liar For Jesus organization this was from. Disco Institute? Naaah.... if they published a paper that water was wet? Well, I'd worry the earth was drying out...

Didn't even bother a watch, so horrible is the reputation of the Disco Fake News
They used quite a bit of Dr. Tour's video where he lied about the work of Jack Szostak. His lies were so obvious he made a false apology.