• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific evidence and Bible prophecies.

ppp

I'm under the impression that you are not open to trying to see things from God's pov in that situation as King and protector of Israel, and are not open to seeing God as creator and judge of His creation.
The mere existence of a point of view does not provide moral justification for one's actions. Hathorn, Stalin, Vader, and Columbus all had points of view that are comprehensible, but they were still immoral agents. The same goes for the Christian god as depicted in the Bible.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm under the impression that you are not open to trying to see things from God's pov in that situation as King and protector of Israel, and are not open to seeing God as creator and judge of His creation.
That is only your personal version of God's pov. You have a huge burden of proof if you want to claim that is the right God, let alone of whether such a God even exists. That a God had to put all of his trust into such a small portion of humanity tells us that that God is rather inept all by itself.

gnostic

The Lost One
Sorry but I have never heard a court judge to have all babies to be slaughter.

From head of state or political leaders, yes. From dictators and monarchs, yes. From generals and other high ranking officers, yes.

Court judges ordering slaughter of children, no.

Btw, I was open to the Bible for 18-19 years, but for the last 20 years, my views have changed, I have more mature views, views that are no longer hampered by superstition in my younger days.

Brian2

Veteran Member
That is only your personal version of God's pov. You have a huge burden of proof if you want to claim that is the right God, let alone of whether such a God even exists. That a God had to put all of his trust into such a small portion of humanity tells us that that God is rather inept all by itself.

Gen 12: 3 I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you; and all the families of the earth will be blessed through you.”
Gen 22:17 I will surely bless you, and I will multiply your descendants like the stars in the sky and the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will possess the gates of their enemies. 18 And through your offspring all nations of the earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.”

Brian2

Veteran Member
Sorry but I have never heard a court judge to have all babies to be slaughter.

From head of state or political leaders, yes. From dictators and monarchs, yes. From generals and other high ranking officers, yes.

Court judges ordering slaughter of children, no.

Btw, I was open to the Bible for 18-19 years, but for the last 20 years, my views have changed, I have more mature views, views that are no longer hampered by superstition in my younger days.

So now you know that the creator of the earth is the judge of the earth and judges as He sees fit, and everyone will rise from the dead at the end of the age to receive a final judgement and that final judgement will not necessarily coincide with the judgement that God has delivered on a nation or city previous to that.
I have more mature views also these days.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Gen 12: 3 I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you; and all the families of the earth will be blessed through you.”
Gen 22:17 I will surely bless you, and I will multiply your descendants like the stars in the sky and the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will possess the gates of their enemies. 18 And through your offspring all nations of the earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.”
May Brahma, (the Divine One),
Pluck the strings of your inner soul
with His celestial fingers,
And feel His own presence within.
Bless us with a divine voice
That we may tune the harp-strings of our life
To sing songs of Love to you.
-Rig Veda

gnostic

The Lost One
So now you know that the creator of the earth is the judge of the earth and judges as He sees fit, and everyone will rise from the dead at the end of the age to receive a final judgement and that final judgement will not necessarily coincide with the judgement that God has delivered on a nation or city previous to that.
I have more mature views also these days.
It is Christian teaching and New Testament that seem to advocate the division between good and evil, between faith and sin.

Is murdering a baby a sin and evil act?

But if god is the judge and decree slaughter of babies as “just” as he did in 1 Samuel 15, then wouldn’t that make god “evil”?

Brian2

Veteran Member
May Brahma, (the Divine One),
Pluck the strings of your inner soul
with His celestial fingers,
And feel His own presence within.
Bless us with a divine voice
That we may tune the harp-strings of our life
To sing songs of Love to you.
-Rig Veda

Thank you.

Brian2

Veteran Member
It is Christian teaching and New Testament that seem to advocate the division between good and evil, between faith and sin.

Is murdering a baby a sin and evil act?

But if god is the judge and decree slaughter of babies as “just” as he did in 1 Samuel 15, then wouldn’t that make god “evil”?

It does not make God evil, it just means that God is God and is the one who does the judging.
What seems unjust and evil now will be shown to be good and just when looked back on from a position of seeing God's purposes and seeing the end results and seeing that God can take away any injustice and restore what was lost.
As Job said, Job 1:21 “Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked shall I return there. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord.”.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If humans didn't take the story into why humans are wrong.

In the beginning as a theism O earth formed out of nothing...no explanation about where it came from.

It was alight sacrificing its body O. Planet mass.

Then it was saved by space mother and water upon the face of the deep of space. It was saved. Saviour term Inheritance body.

It became dark. No longer burning cooling.

Then the erection of the law took place. ∆ volcano. Spirit of heavens conceived in darkness in womb of space.

The next outcome. The cooling sun god a larger mass exploded. It hadn't owned the law of God ..erection.

It attacked the face of the created and burnt scorched it on one side.

Light began at the side on the face of the creator

Said a human theist.

Then. After the nature garden body existed. Against any reactive scientific human thesis...two humans lived with all of nature.

No reason why. Just acceptable and to trust the advice.

Humans mutual and equal.

Then man said to himself as a theist don't theory natural law as God the earth owned the law of erection.

He ignored himself.

He erected a pyramid ∆.

He theoried about gods face and gods side. About the saviour inheritor of God. Holding cooled frozen.

He broke the law of stone. Not once. Twice.

First in Alchemy. Machine position.
Second in a reacting application.

Life then living on bare naked ground and naturally human body naked had to cover itself. As the effect upon their skin burnt them.

In that history the sexual position of human life had changed. Mutual pairing. Balances gone.

As one there was once a man for every woman. Once there was a woman for every man.

Imbalanced life was introduced.

Having nothing to do with human life with holy God terms first.