• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science Wins!

ricardocoav

Science seems to have proved that God exists. The Bible says: "God hath made you from dust and to dust thou shalt return". Modern Science has proved that we have all the components of ""dust in our bodies", like iron, magnesium, copper, etc. ¿How did they know this in those days?

Science seems to have proved that God exists. The Bible says: "God hath made you from dust and to dust thou shalt return". Modern Science has proved that we have all the components of ""dust in our bodies", like iron, magnesium, copper, etc. ¿How did they know this in those days?

Good ol' observation.

Masourga

No. Science started out figuring the true way of the world and religion did not want to believe it, for it thought itself all-knowing.

You sound as if you believe that "science" is "all-knowing". To think that scientists know the "true way of the world" is ridiculous. What is the "true way of the world"?

Scientists may know how to describe complex happenings in the world/universe with complex mathematical proofs and formulas... but do they have any idea WHY things are the way they are? Why is it that large/dense masses create the pull of gravity? Why is it that heat and matter seek entropy? Some of the basic rules of the universe, while known, are not entirely understood simply because the reasons WHY those things are in place is unknowable.

"Science" doesn't "win" anything. And neither does "religion". On both sides is the reality that the people involved are doing what people always do... figuring it out to the best of their ability and MAKING UP the rest.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
No, but its far better than any religion and the closest thing to the truth and its self propeling so it will become more and more true as it goes unlike static dogmas that need to be changed constantly by religions that claim they were always right.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When did the Christian fundamentalists finally give up their opposition to Copernicus' idea that the Earth revolved around the Sun? How was that debate any different than the ID/evolution brouhaha today?

The Biblical "evidence" for both copernicanism and ID is as strong as ever. Why have fundamentalists given up on one and not the other? Will they eventually give up on ID and find some other biblical controversy to champion, or, perhaps, return to their defence of heliocentrism?

ThereIsNoSpoon

Why do people say that science supports their religion? or that their religion is more correct then science?
There is a wonderful example for this.
You see in the 20th century (especially in the 80s) in islamic countries the clergy was rather afraid of the younger people fleeing from religion as modern life seemed to be so much better and religion outdated.
So they launched a campaign with the goal to fit both together making people belief that their religion actually told about the scientific facts that had just come to be known.

You can see such things on sites like This is truth.

I spent a lot of time investigating these claims and also the history behind all those supposed scientists that supposedly said this and that.
Very interesting.

The only thing i still didn't understand is why people even in modern countries today do not use their brain to see the story for what it really is: a hoax.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
:spit:probably the same way Hindus did.

What's that supposed to mean? :sarcastic

I do not see why there should be a battle between religion and science. However there are scriptures which support scientific claims. It is not necessarily a case of one against the other.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
can anyone answer this question for me? I don't want to.

Well it was in reference to what you wrote. Perhaps the answer might be obvious to others but I am thick-headed so that's why I asked you for clarification.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
What's that supposed to mean? :sarcastic
Well the Christian fellow asked how the Bible 'knew' that people were 'made of dust' and said that science proved that dust and our bodies are composed of the same elements. It is clear that dust comes from our bodies And if the fellow would have asked how they knew about dust , back then it was in refrence to ashes which is clear that the human body turns to ashes if it is burned and that the people of India practiced cremation and that is a stereotype of hindus with christians so it would have been clear to the fellow what i meant without explaining it to him. I think that is why he has not responded.

Last edited:

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Well the Christian fellow asked how the Bible 'knew' that people were 'made of dust' and said that science proved that dust and our bodies are composed of the same elements. It is clear that dust comes from our bodies And if the fellow would have asked how they knew about dust , back then it was in refrence to ashes which is clear that the human body turns to ashes if it is burned and that the people of India practiced cremation.

LOL, it is funny now that I think about it. :D In my country most Christians choose to bury their dead rather than cremate. Well I guess burial does lead to the body turning to dust eventually...however it does take longer though.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
The burial comes from a mix of the European and the Jewish practices. which the Jews attained from Egypt since (i think) the Egyptians thought (if not the gods ) their technology would one day be advanced enough to revive a dead body as long as it was not decomposed completely(the Chinese thought this). kinda like rich people getting frozen so that they can latter be revived in the future and live for ever. Then it became just a religious thing because of Jewish custom practices and Jesus of Nazareth.
i also edited post #30.

Last edited:

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
The burial comes from a mix of the European and the Jewish practices. which the Jews attained from Egypt since (i think) the Egyptians thought (if not the gods ) their technology would one day be advanced enough to revive a dead body as long as it was not decomposed completely(the Chinese did this). kinda like rich people getting frozen so that they can latter be revived in the future and live for ever. Then it became just a religious thing because of Jewish custom practices and Jesus of Nazareth.

I see...interesting.

i also edited post #30.

Just wanted to make sure. :)