• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science Proves Nature Was Created

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Ah!

Swords sever the living from the dead.
Do you suggest that spirit, cannot be harmed?

Nope. But if they can be harmed by weapons, I suggest those angels use something more uptodate. Like an automatic assault rifle, for instance.
Or, better, some futuristic photon zapper.

Swords can be quite messy. And they are so out :)

Ciao

- viole

God lover

He hopes? If He still hopes that everyone will make it, that would entail that nobody has passed judgement yet, and they will have a second opportunity when they appear at the pearly gates. I am sure that if He judges only by what people did on earth, He would have lost that hope a long time ago.

So, when is the last call? While I am still alive on earth, or after the first death?

Incidentally, if only the lake of fire can undo things, that would mean that God, without the lake, could not. Is that correct?

Ciao

- viole

God lover

Again you make very good points! I like what you are saying. I share some of the same questions.

The question I share with you the most is... when is it to late for grace? Before the "pearly gates" or after or when we walk up to them? (There is no reference in the bible to pearly gates that I know of, but I think you mean after death and upon entering eternal domain)

I think God is less concerned with the sum of our actions and more concerned with the state of our hearts. Yes, our actions come from the buffet of feelings that play out over the course of our lives, but we are often thrown into situations that make us act outside of our true selves.

At what point will God make the final judgement for each of us? Will some people go beyond recall before the "pearly gates"? I don't know the answer. There is something in the bible called judgement day. I would assume that's the last chance for most.

Keep in mind that the bibles claim is that despite God's justice, God's love also includes forgiveness. This is central to the balance between Grace and judgement (forgiveness & justice). This is clearly clearly clearly the main point of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. The bible claims that God the Father sent Jesus to take the penalty of His judgement so those who will beleive in Christ will be redeemed.

You said what if God doesn't have the lake of fire ? (Paraphrase )

The lake of fire doesn't physically exist. It is
An aspect of God that is a part of Him. The point of the visual is to show God's absolute power and say that God is the one who throws a being in, nobody else will do the throwing.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
good for you.....
So too 7billion+ souls that will leave this earth within my life time.

I am willing to assume for myself life after death.
I do likewise for all others.
BUT!.....that means we stand into chaos.

7billion freshly formed spirits and no ONE in charge?

We have hierarchy now.
I suggest we pray for Greater Grace in charge.....as we surrender the last breath.
Ha, chaos only is when we are of the mind, as also hierarchy, we are not just a mind body organism, at death we go nowhere, we are where we always have been, right here, Now. We are like the ocean, the wave believing its separate from the ocean, when the wave emerges back into the ocean, where has the wave gone, well of course the wave was always the ocean, get it ?.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Nope. But if they can be harmed by weapons, I suggest those angels use something more uptodate. Like an automatic assault rifle, for instance.
Or, better, some futuristic photon zapper.

Swords can be quite messy. And they are so out :)

Ciao

- viole
I think It's a metaphor......for something aimed at the mind and heart.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Ha, chaos only is when we are of the mind, as also hierarchy, we are not just a mind body organism, at death we go nowhere, we are where we always have been, right here, Now. We are like the ocean, the wave believing its separate from the ocean, when the wave emerges back into the ocean, where has the wave gone, well of course the wave was always the ocean, get it ?.
similar to GnG's routine.

He didn't get it.

We are formed in body to form unique spirit.
Your confinement of body will end.

but will you remain in the body?.....to be put in a box.....into the ground....

I say we stand from the dust in the hour of our last breath.
God and heaven will be there (I hope) to see what does stand up.

and I have greater hope...that immediate conversation will go well.

gnostic

The Lost One
I think It's a metaphor......for something aimed at the mind and heart.
But the metaphor is often open to any number of interpretations that may not even be the author's original intention or context.

You being a 21st century man (or woman), would often put modern context in ancient metaphor. Your context may not have the same context of the author's.

And do you think the mind and "heart" are never wrong?

Each person have different view on any matter of issues, and sometimes there are right and wrong views, but sometimes there are no right or wrong answers.

But when dealing with metaphors, there could be all sorts of interpretations, and how interpret are dependent on education, reasoning and belief.

Milton Platt

On what specifically? If the universe is created or not? The lack of the evidence allows us to come to the temporary conclusion that it is not the case and the conclusion will be revised as needed upon the light of new evidence. Is that a sustainable or at least acceptable answer?
Yes. That is the common thread throughout history. If I practice magick that could be explained with metaphysics, however it is explained not proven and as it is not proven I do not complelty understand it. Therefore it is magick.

What exactly is your definition of magic?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Not to side-rail your discussion, but can you explain how time is a measurement of motion?
Distance ( intervals of length.....feet, yards, miles, parsecs)
divided by time ( intervals of period....seconds, minutes, centuries, eons)

all Man made cognitive devices.
created by Man to serve Man.

the measure helps us to understand the expanse of a motion

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Don't really know what you're trying to say.

Also.... speed and mass affect time because the motion of something on some level is affected relative to something else -or a constant.

If you had two watches -sent one where it would slow down -then, essentially, something slowed the internal clocks of atoms or particles -or whatever -something -maybe everything -like adding resistance to a clock hand with your finger. Overall time would not truly be affected -but we really don't know the reference for overall time. At least I don't.
You will need a third watch to time the overall process.

Awkward Fingers

Omphaloskeptic
well.. 15 pages.. and the OP is "nature was 'created'" which, sorry, implies intent..
Maybe I missed the post.
..but was there a single post, in TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY ONE posts, that proves this??? Or, is this yet more mental masturbation, and a giant wet dream?

gnostic

The Lost One
well.. 15 pages.. and the OP is "nature was 'created'" which, sorry, implies intent..
Maybe I missed the post.
..but was there a single post, in TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY ONE posts, that proves this??? Or, is this yet more mental masturbation, and a giant wet dream?

Oh, yeah, that's just great...now I have image that I won't be able to get rid of for the rest of the day. :(

gnostic

The Lost One
Distance ( intervals of length.....feet, yards, miles, parsecs)
divided by time ( intervals of period....seconds, minutes, centuries, eons)

all Man made cognitive devices.
created by Man to serve Man.
But very useful; they have practical application.

Far more useful and practical than your frequent but meaningless "Spirit, first"...which is simply a superstitious prattle.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
But very useful; they have practical application.

Far more useful and practical than your frequent but meaningless "Spirit, first"...which is simply a superstitious prattle.
until the moment when science cannot follow you....

like when considering what actually happened in the moment of creation....Spirit first.....
and the moment when your chemistry fails......

Milton Platt

like when considering what actually happened in the moment of creation....Spirit first.....

Since nobody knows for sure exactly what happened in the "moment of creation" you are free to makup any story that suits you, since it is just speculation.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Since nobody knows for sure exactly what happened in the "moment of creation" you are free to makup any story that suits you, since it is just speculation.
I like to throw into the mix.....what science offers....
then because science cannot follow through.....lean to Genesis.

gnostic

The Lost One

Even if science were to fail for whatever reasons, doesn't mean your God or spirit is the answer.

It would be if I was as ignorant and superstitious as you.

This "Spirit, first" is not even remotely logical fallback.

If I was to follow your example it would mean thinking like those in the Middle Ages or the dark ages, when they thought the world was flat, and if you venture too close to the edge, you could fall of that edge.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Even if science were to fail for whatever reasons, doesn't mean your God or spirit is the answer.

It would be if I was as ignorant and superstitious as you.

This "Spirit, first" is not even remotely logical fallback.

If I was to follow your example it would mean thinking like those in the Middle Ages or the dark ages, when they thought the world was flat, and if you venture too close to the edge, you could fall of that edge.
If all other possibilities are not the answer....
that which remains IS the answer.....