• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School calls off prom because of lesbian date

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I liked the idea that "maybe some of the parents might want to hold a dance that night". Basically, the gutless board members are asking some of the parents to step up and hold a dance so that the "good" kids can still have their dance, while being exclusionary toward these two young girls. What a bunch of assbags.

It would be really neat if one of the parents decided to rent a local hall, put on a dance, and invite the girls to come to it anyway.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I hear another problem with proms in that part of Mississippi is that most of the dates are far too young to be out after 9:00 PM -- unless you make an exception for their being in the company of an older close relative.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
What really gets me is some of her classmates blaming it on her. It's bad enough that the morons running the school did this, but then to have her peers hold it against her? Are you kidding me?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What really gets me is some of her classmates blaming it on her. It's bad enough that the morons running the school did this, but then to have her peers hold it against her? Are you kidding me?

I guess her classmate's attitude is blame whover offends the powerful. Classic authoritarianism. Probably, in this case, caused by in-breeding.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
It's a good thing that school district called off the prom. A lot of sex happens on prom night, and You really don't want communities that backwards to be breeding.
True. Plus, we all know it's the states that are the most religious that have the highest teen pregnancy rates. The admins were probably doing everyone a favor. :yes: :p

I was bored at work the other day and read our 'what to do in case of emergency manual' book - which is the size of a yellow pages - and flipped to the suicidal area. And STILL listed in this current book - printed in 2009 - was "how to tell if an employee or co-worker might be suicidal." Homosexuality was on the list of signs of a suicidal individual.... I'm still dumbfounded.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I was bored at work the other day and read our 'what to do in case of emergency manual' book - which is the size of a yellow pages - and flipped to the suicidal area. And STILL listed in this current book - printed in 2009 - was "how to tell if an employee or co-worker might be suicidal." Homosexuality was on the list of signs of a suicidal individual.... I'm still dumbfounded.
Who do I slap?

:rainbow1:

Draka

Wonder Woman
I liked the idea that "maybe some of the parents might want to hold a dance that night". Basically, the gutless board members are asking some of the parents to step up and hold a dance so that the "good" kids can still have their dance, while being exclusionary toward these two young girls. What a bunch of assbags.

It would be really neat if one of the parents decided to rent a local hall, put on a dance, and invite the girls to come to it anyway.

Put on a dance and advertise that it is completely accepting of same sex couples...and if anyone doesn't like that...don't come. :yes:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Good grief. It's like a modern day version of 'Footloose'.
But instead of "thou shalt not dance" it is "thou shalt not dance with you own gender".
The kids of the school should all get together and hold a dance in some barn where everyone is free to bring who they wish. Thumb their noses at the school board and show solidarity as free-thinking and tolerant young adults.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Good grief. It's like a modern day version of 'Footloose'.
But instead of "thou shalt not dance" it is "thou shalt not dance with you own gender".
The kids of the school should all get together and hold a dance in some barn where everyone is free to bring who they wish. Thumb their noses at the school board and show solidarity as free-thinking and tolerant young adults.

Yeah, they should. However, something tells me that ain't gonna happen in Mississippi. Actually, it sounds like they're going to do the opposite: have an unofficial dance that excludes this girl.

TurkeyOnRye

School calls off prom because of lesbian date

Stunning....simply stunning.

The thought that people like this actually think they are 'teaching' or 'setting an example for younger generations' sends a chill down my spine.

Last edited: