• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schizophrenia

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Four minute books mental health -

1-Sentence-Summary: Love Warrior delves into the life of Glennon Doyle, a woman who battled with self-destructive behaviors, eating disorders, depression, and many more challenges before finally embracing the life she deserved and started living meaningfully while being true to herself.

Love Warrior Summary

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Schizophrenia is a chronic disorder. The symptoms of schizophrenia affect many of your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. The severity of these symptoms can fluctuate and even someone who is quite ill can sometimes feel and appear normal, even without medication. This remission of symptoms does not mean the illness has gone away.

Modern antipsychotic medications greatly reduce both the severity of your symptoms and the amount of time you spend experiencing active symptoms. Nevertheless, you should expect times of remission and times of relapse.

Read more here -

Living With Schizophrenia

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
And what is an authentic madman? It is a man who preferred to become mad, in the socially accepted sense of the word, rather than forfeit a certain superior idea of human honor. So society has strangled in its asylums all those it wanted to get rid of or protect itself from, because they refused to become its accomplices in certain great nastinesses. For a madman is also a man whom society did not want to hear and whom it wanted to prevent from uttering certain intolerable truths.

Antonin Artaud

Plus an email to John???

Then this collection -

TOP 25 QUOTES BY R. D. LAING (of 120) | A-Z Quotes

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From the madman page - been ages -

This is the psychiatry of the future, a psychiatry of love, hope, faith, and miracles; a psychiatry that heals and uplifts, that sees the pain as part of the spiritual journey, that knows that spiritual ecstasy is real, and that God exists. A psychiatry that dares to bring God into the office, that dares to offer miracles, and that considers Prozac the last choice and not the first.

Holy Madness by Georg Feuerstein | Review | Spirituality & Practice

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"What do I think? I think that I was virtually forced into meditation because my mind was such a random & chaotic mess that I had to do SOMETHING or I would have completely lost my marbles!"

:)