• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schizophrenia

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
What do I think? I think that schizophrenia is a MOST perplexing mystery - in a society as perverse as this one is. Some people are totally transformed through their suffering while many others simply become bitter & twisted & even violent. I am one of the fortunate few to experience such a metamorphosis I certainly NEVER expected to happen to me! I am incredibly grateful yet utterly perplexed at the SAME time!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“There will be times when standing alone feels too hard, too scary, and we’ll doubt our ability to make our way through the uncertainty. Someone, somewhere, will say, ‘Don’t do it. You don’t have what it takes to survive the wilderness.’ This is when you reach deep into your wild heart and remind yourself, ‘I am the wilderness.’ ”

Guess who!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Jung quotes red book -

"Be silent and listen: have you recognized your madness and do you admit it? Have you noticed that all your foundations are completely mired in madness? Do you not want to recognize your madness and welcome it in a friendly manner? You wanted to accept everything. So accept madness too. Let the light of your madness shine, and it will suddenly dawn on you. Madness is not to be despised and not to be feared, but instead you should give it life...If you want to find paths, you should also not spurn madness, since it makes up such a great part of your nature...Be glad that you can recognize it, for you will thus avoid becoming its victim. Madness is a special form of the spirit and clings to all teachings and philosophies, but even more to daily life, since life itself is full of craziness and at bottom utterly illogical. Man strives toward reason only so that he can make rules for himself. Life itself has no rules. That is its mystery and its unknown law. What you call knowledge is an attempt to impose something comprehensible on life.”

Me at this great site -

The Red Book Quotes by C.G. Jung

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
We are all mentally ill.

While this should not quite raise the eyebrows of mental health professionals, it is a rather bald (apologies to Ajahn Amaro!) statement to make in public. However, it does set the tone of Kingsland’s book which takes, by turns, an unflinching look at the state of the mindfulness industry today and the roots of its conception in Buddhist teachings. Kingsland presents his work imaginatively. Using the development of the Buddha, Siddhartha, from pampered and protected prince to a teacher of the Eightfold Path to liberation from suffering, he weaves what we know of Siddhartha’s quest and practice into what we know of the results of our current pursuit of liberation through mindfulness. And, it begins with acknowledging that we are all mentally ill.

Full review here -

Book Review: Siddhartha’s Brain by James Kingsland

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From the tracking happiness website -

Mental-Self-Care-Cheat-Sheet-by-Tracking-Hapipness.png

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Four minute books mental health - for example -

1-Sentence-Summary: The Longevity Paradox explores ways to live a longer, healthier life and “die young” as a senior, instead of having to go through illnesses, all by focusing on the microbiome and improving our lifestyle as heart surgeon Steven Grundy suggests.

The Longevity Paradox Summary

Wishing you all the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Write down why you want to be happier

Grab a piece of paper, put a date on it, and start writing down whatever is on your mind. This especially helps if you are currently feeling stressed or anxious. Here are some great benefits of writing:

• Writing down your thoughts forces you to actually confront them.
  • It allows you to better deconstruct what you're missing without getting your thoughts distracted.
  • Writing something down can prevent it from causing chaos in your head. Think of this as clearing the RAM memory of your computer. If you've written it down, you can safely forget about it and start with an empty slate.
  • It allows you to look back at your struggles objectively. In a few months time, you can look back at your notepad and see how much you've grown.
It might not be hard to imagine that people often start journaling when they are in a difficult situation. Even though writing down your thoughts might sound silly, it can have a direct effect on your mentality. Do not underestimate the power of writing down your feelings!

For more tips -

Happiness Tips: Over 75 Actionable Tips To Be Happier Tomorrow

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More writing - some dark stuff which won't totally stun you :)

Even MORE from Yoga notebook! -

"What do I think? I think that you may find some interesting sites if you search for this phrase - choosing to be child free."

White font? -

"What do I think? I think that it is your job as a parent to somehow convince your children that conforming is a good deal. You will need a lot of luck because you have to kill off their natural instincts so they can conform to an absurd society!"

"What do I think? I think that while we are on the topic of society - if you are ready for some brutal honesty - go to YouTube and search for 14 biggest lies society wants you to believe!"

"What do I think? I think that without wisdom & compassion, life on this planet can seem very frustrating!"

"What do I think? I feel compassion for all those individuals who indulge in TOXIC thinking because I know from my own experience how distressing it is to feel completely overwhelmed by negativity."

"What do I think? I think that there is a LOT of tension in this world because most people are nowhere NEAR as compassionate as they could possibly be."

"What do I think? I think that you can find happiness by embracing all of your emotions. Practice makes perfect!"

"What do I think? I think that Pema Chodron is right on the money when she says we don't need to assume we have made a spiritual faux-pas if we find ourselves indulging in a little negativity from time-to-time!"

"What do I think? I think that even the people who might feel tempted to think of themselves as being lucky are NOT really all that fortunate because their family still has to live in a society where many of those who get a raw deal become very frustrated & angry & violent!"

"What do I think? I think that Pathway to happiness is a site I have not visited in a while - some great stuff on ego plus their menus!"

"What do I think? I think that some people want to FILL the world with silly love songs!"

"What do I think? I think that If this is madness I have NO interest in being CURED!"

"What do I think? I think that you may have been a mass murderer in a previous life and this is just karma in action."

"What do I think? I think that if you REALLLLLLLY want to know what is wrong with this world it is fairly simple really - hardly anyone is willing and able to take personal responsibility for all of their negativity - it is ALWAYS someone else's fault."

"What do I think? I think that you might search for this phrase - how to transform pain into compassion. Especially the recipes for wellbeing site - yet to fully explore!"

"What do I think? I think that stress can trigger a psychotic episode and it is awfully hard to avoid stress in this particular society we are currently living in!"

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Lately, the world seems to be lurching from one crisis to another. We’ve experienced a global pandemic, dramatic changes to how we conduct our daily lives, economic uncertainty, and political and social turmoil, as well as an array of natural disasters. Then there are personal traumas that people are also dealing with, such as the loss of a loved one, declining health, unemployment, divorce, violent crime, or tragic accidents. For many us, this is a time of unprecedented struggle and upheaval.

Whether the source of disruption in your life is a global emergency or a personal tragedy—or both—living through difficult times can take a heavy toll on your mood, health, and outlook. It can leave you feeling helpless and overwhelmed by stress and anxiety. You may be painfully grieving all that you’ve lost, flooded by a slew of difficult, conflicting emotions, or uncertain about how to move on with your life. You may even feel that your life is totally out of control and you’re powerless to affect whatever may happen next.

Surviving Tough Times by Building Resilience - HelpGuide.org

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Been a while ...

This search tosses up MORE than anyone is ever likely to ...

self.com mental health guide

All the best!