• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schizophrenia

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Existential Crisis -

18 Signs You’re Experiencing A Dark Night Of The Soul, Otherwise Known As an Existential Crisis

Psychologists define existential crisis as a turning point. It's a moment when you feel the need to find meaning or purpose in your life. An existential crisis can happen when you're under stress or facing a difficult decision. It can also happen at a quiet time when life seems pointless, or you're disconnected from others around you. There are plenty of different reasons why someone might have an existential crisis. You might be at a point in your life where something needs to shift and change. The world changes constantly, and so do you. You may reexamine the existential givens at any time as your way of being in the world changes. Below we'll explore different kinds of existential givens.

What Is An Existential Crisis And How Can It Be Resolved? | Betterhelp

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
How to have an awesome existential crisis -

The term existential crisis was derived from the work of psychoanalyst and developmental theorist Erik Erikson, who referred to an existential crisis as an “identity crisis.” Questions of identity are defining characteristics of an existential crisis. During an existential crisis, you find yourself pondering who you are, whether you’ve accomplished enough, your place in the world, and the meaning of life.

How to Have an Awesome Existential Crisis | Talkspace

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Schizophrenia avolition - had never heard of it ... !!!

“Avolition” is a term used to describe the lack of motivation or ability to do tasks or activities that have an end goal, such as paying bills or attending a school function.

Avolition occurs most commonly in schizophrenia, depression, and bipolar disorder.

In schizophrenia, symptoms are categorized as being either positive or negative. Most people have a combination of the two. Avolition is considered a negative symptom.

Negative symptoms reflect the loss of ability to do or experience things. Examples of avolition in schizophrenia might be the inability to care for personal hygiene or participate in work or recreational activities.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
It's okay to not be okay all the time - yes - a dozen or more google images!

After a few clicks ... leads us here -

Can Happiness Be Learned? Here's How "Happify" Helped Me Turn Happiness into a Habit

I remember when I was six years old I asked my mother for the very first time if she was happy. She seemed a bit confused by my question. It was the type of confusion where you don’t really know what or how to answer. Especially when you get asked this question by a six-year-old.

After this brief moment of confusion she smiled at me and said, “Yes I think I am.” I can’t really remember if I was satisfied with her answer. As a knowledge-seeking six-year-old I was always looking for more detailed answers. What I remember though is that I didn’t ask her anything else. I guess that something inside me urged me not to ask more. I guess knowing that she was happy made me also happy.

While growing older, the idea of happiness and its ambiguous nature was constantly present in my life one way or another. Its pursuit became my goal and its achievement my demon. I slowly came to understand that what I felt that day and the reason I didn’t want to ask my mother more, was that happiness is strongly associated with others. No matter how hard we try to find happiness in simple things and also help happiness emerge from within ourselves, happiness will never be that strong if it is not associated with the presence of others.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
unknown-author-advice-listen-understand-6r4q.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Did you know that virtually every emotional wound is intertwined with issues of worthiness? In fact, feelings of unworthiness keep us from creating the lives we most desire. In order to heal our emotional wounds and consciously create, we must conquer our fears of unworthiness, but in order to do this, we must first understand why we are programmed to feel unworthy.

More here -

Worthiness – a Key to Emotional Healing

Plus scroll down ...

More at that site?

Last edited:

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Being one of the first to awaken is an immense honor, but it also comes with proportionate challenges and great responsibility. I personally understand how difficult it is to awaken in a sea of asleep beings. It can, indeed, be lonely and scary.

How To Help Others Spiritually Awaken

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Reading a little more of that site - I can relate - the messiah complex :)

When I first began to awaken, I became blatantly aware of all the people in my life who were immersed in the dream. My primal desire was to wake each and every one of them up. I preached, I prayed, I meddled, and I even went out and bought a dozen copies of “The Mystic Path to Cosmic Power” by Vernon Howard, because it was the book that had the most profound effect on me. I don’t think one person even opened the book. I was discouraged and confused – why didn’t anyone want to wake up?

I was called anything from crazy to a new age freak, but, inside, I knew the truth. Eventually, I became wise enough to protect the truth from people who weren’t ready, and to also find groups of people who were. It was the 1980’s in New York, and although there weren’t tons of awakening people, we seemed to find each other.

Here we are, three decades later, barely on the brink of global awakening. It is an exciting time to be alive. If you are awake or awakening, you are still one of the first, and you probably have many unanswered questions. Through my articles and my books, I do my best to answer many of these questions, as I believe my purpose is to provide accurate and empowering instructions on the journey through life, and especially through awakening.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
New thread? -

Waking up from religion

By Nanice Ellis

Contributing writer for Wake Up World

Often our religious beliefs are handed down to us by family and culture, and by the time we are old enough to consciously choose, it’s too late because we are already brainwashed with pre-ordained beliefs that seem to be set in stone.

Ideally, the true purpose of any religion should be to facilitate a direct connection with the “Divine,” and to support spiritual awakening. Unfortunately, few, if any religions, fulfill this purpose. If they did, many more of us would be awake by now, or at least intimately connected to the Source of who we really are. Even with the prevalence of “new age” spiritual practices today, few of us have attained full spiritual awakening and direct Divine connection.

What’s wrong with this picture? Maybe that answer lies in the reasons why humanity seeks out religion, or structured spirituality, in the first place…

Seeking the answers to the unknown can be a scary business – where do we come from, why are we here, and especially, where do we go after departing? The further we travel down the “rabbit hole” in our quest for spiritual truth, the more lonely, confusing and frightening it can become. Religion preys on this fear and confusion; by providing premade answers designed to give us a false sense of security, it offers a reprieve from that inner quest, but in exchange for that spiritual crutch, we must give up spiritual sovereignty and the freedom to choose our own beliefs. We must give up the very thing it saves us from – finding our true selves.

MikeDwight

Whats the goal,
everyone's toll,
to make a fool,
when you're the tool.

Search for lawful resolutions,
brought up by institutions,
told to facebook,
and not know anyone to look.

There's a pattern in the stare,
that says to beware,
to be at Church a trap enjoyed,
continuing facebook a trap redeployed.

blow blow blow

MikeDwight

Never Navered,
Never Facebooked,
Nobody wants to know you

Nobody wants to meet you,
Whats the problem,
fake the feelings and discoveries,
anti-segregation

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Never Navered,
Never Facebooked,
Nobody wants to know you

Nobody wants to meet you,
Whats the problem,
fake the feelings and discoveries,
anti-segregation

Thanks for sharing - you should start a few posts to the poetry section if you want more of an audience?

Wishing you all the best and keep posting!

:)

MikeDwight

Schooling for Elders,
Entertainment for Elders,
College for Elders,
Suicide if for Elders oops bad,
Synergy for Elders,
Profession for Elders,
Elder Care,
Job for Elders,
Now why'd you go get interested in something without me, says Elder Two-Face

MikeDwight