• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schizophrenia

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Well said. Thank you for your courage in sharing your journey with us here. I would hope you would share that elsewhere as well. Like perhaps support groups in forums dedicated to schizophrenia.

:hugehug:I pray you remain strong and blessed. Amen.

Thanks for your kind words. It has been an interesting journey so far and sometimes I still feel like I am aa million miles away from being enlightened even after all I have experienced!

I like this site too -

Mental Health Quotes and Sayings | HealthyPlace

Thanks again and best wishes to you!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
self-help-quote-hp--3-2-1.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More from Tiny Buddha -

I was tortured by self-hatred for most of my life.

There were aspects of myself that I had a hard time loving. I didn’t like that I am competitive, that I was not a blonde with blue eyes, that I am not good at math or managing money.

I did everything I could to hide these things. I was over-caring, over-helping, and over-accommodating others.

I think I did a pretty good job of not being myself. This created additional psychic pain in me. I felt like Picasso who was not allowed to paint or Mozart who was banned from approaching another musical instrument again.

The funny thing is, I was the one doing it to myself. I was no longer a child under the mercy of my critical, perfectionist parents (who were in pain and unconscious themselves). I had become my parents! I had become my worst critic.

For full article & website -

Silencing Your Inner Critic & Growing Without Self-Torture

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try:

Psychiatry of the future love hope faith - a few!!

Comes from this quote in madman page - I totally forget where the heck it came from :)

This is the psychiatry of the future, a psychiatry of love, hope, faith, and miracles; a psychiatry that heals and uplifts, that sees the pain as part of the spiritual journey, that knows that spiritual ecstasy is real, and that God exists. A psychiatry that dares to bring God into the office, that dares to offer miracles, and that considers Prozac the last choice and not the first.

More results possibly ....

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Dark night of the soul - a sep thread?? Cos who-the-heck reads this one :)

We tend to doubt everything we’ve known to be true. In worst (best) case scenarios we tend to fall into an existential crisis, or Dark Night of the Soul. But, if we are able to make it through this dark time, and shed that which has weighed us down, then we will open up once again, and even wider than before.

This can happen many times on our spiritual journey, and each time we tend to gain new levels of wisdom. Here are seven signs you may be experiencing a dark night of the soul.

7 Signs You May Be Experiencing a Dark Night of the Soul

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
In September 1942, Viktor Frankl, a prominent Jewish psychiatrist and neurologist in Vienna, was arrested and transported to a Nazi concentration camp with his wife and parents. Three years later, when his camp was liberated, most of his family, including his pregnant wife, had perished -- but he, prisoner number 119104, had lived. In his bestselling 1946 book, Man's Search for Meaning, which he wrote in nine days about his experiences in the camps, Frankl concluded that the difference between those who had lived and those who had died came down to one thing: Meaning, an insight he came to early in life. When he was a high school student, one of his science teachers declared to the class, "Life is nothing more than a combustion process, a process of oxidation." Frankl jumped out of his chair and responded, "Sir, if this is so, then what can be the meaning of life?"

Read more -

There's More to Life Than Being Happy

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Came from another email -

Happiness is not enough

When we talk about happiness what we’re really describing is a feeling. It’s defined as a state of contentment and well being and it’s something many of us seek to enjoy more of, for no other reason than when we feel happy we’re more productive, open minded, motivated, generous and insightful and it feels preferable to not feeling happy.

Why Happiness Alone Is Not Enough | Dr Jenny Brockis

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Daily beast happiness .... leads 2 an interesting article -

Type “Happiest Person in the World” into your search engine, and there’s Matthieu Ricard, the French-born biologist turned Tibetan monk and close associate of the Dalai Lama.

That’s a lot to live up to, especially as Ricard earned the title when a scan of his brain showed the highest-yet recorded activity in areas associated with positive emotions. “Of course, it is better than being called the unhappiest person in the world,” he told The Daily Beast.

Happiest Man in the World: Stop Trying to be Happy

PLUS his latest is over 800 pages long!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Happiness is a way of being that comes along when a certain number of positive human qualities come together: altruism and compassion, inner freedom [so that you are not the slave of your own thoughts], senses of serenity and fulfillment, resilience, as well a clear and stable mind that does not distort reality too much.”

Easy for a monk to say, of course. But Ricard is quick to point out that “the important point about all these qualities is that, unlike pleasure, they are skills that can be cultivated through training the mind in compassion, caring mindfulness, emotional balance, and so on.”

More here -

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The founder of Positive Psychology, Martin Seligman, uses the acronym PERMA to represent the five qualities that have been shown to contribute to happiness:

P – Enjoying yourself in the moment, i.e., experiencing positive emotions.

E – Having a sense of engagement, in which we may lose track of time and become completely absorbed in something we enjoy and are passionate about.

R – Humans are social creatures, and we rely on connections with others to truly flourish. Having deep, meaningful relationships with others is vital to our well-being.

M – When we dedicate ourselves to a cause or recognize something bigger than ourselves, we experience a sense of meaning that there is simply no replacement for.

A – We all thrive when we, achieve of our goals.

From this article -

What is happiness? Explained.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Start a sep thread -

Why not ...

Type “Happiest Person in the World” into your search engine, and there’s Matthieu Ricard, the French-born biologist turned Tibetan monk and close associate of the Dalai Lama.

That’s a lot to live up to, especially as Ricard earned the title when a scan of his brain showed the highest-yet recorded activity in areas associated with positive emotions. “Of course, it is better than being called the unhappiest person in the world,” he told The Daily Beast.

Yet now Ricard and his 864-page new book, Altruism, say that happiness as it’s conventionally understood is actually counterproductive. If you really want to be happy, he said, stop trying to be happy, and go help someone else instead.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From a couple of posts ago -

We all have a part of us that is mad to the extent that we are not fully, totally awake, and who among us can truly claim this degree of enlightenment? Thinking that we are not mad is an expression of our madness. How can we not have a mad part of us, as we are not separate from the world, which has clearly gone mad? (see my article “Diagnosis: Psychic Epidemic”). The world’s madness is a reflection of our own; we have all collaboratively dreamed up the world’s madness. Instead of pathologizing ourselves because of our madness, which is a mad thing to do, we can embrace and own it but not identify with it nor judge it. In a truly radical act, we can interpret our madness in a way that is sane.

“Madness” as a spiritual and awakening journey

Let alone their menus ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Awakened by Darkness is a compelling exploration of the darkest recesses of the human mind. This heart-felt story of Paul’s alchemical breakthrough into spiritual dimensions is a model for embracing profound awareness and freedom. His journey is the story of his emergence as a wounded healer, a shaman who heals the collective. Read this book if you want to contemplate the dark aspects of human behavior, a task I believe is needed to discover why our planet is in dire straits after centuries of human abuse.”

For more -

Awakened by Darkness — Awaken in the Dream

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Excellent page with very detailed suggestions & books & sites & quotes! ->

“When 577 volunteers were encouraged to pick one of their signature strengths and use it in a new way each day for a week, they became significantly happier and less depressed than control groups. And these benefits lasted: Even after the experiment was over, their levels of happiness remained heightened a full six months later. Studies have shown that the more you use your signature strengths in daily life, the happier you become.”

Full list is here -

https://www.developgoodhabits.com/make-you-happy/

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
njlifehacks happiness - did I post that site before?? Here is an image -

how-to-be-happy.png

Also for the kind thread?

Enjoy!