• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saved by Faith alone Christians: The Rapture will occur when?

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
I hold to a pre millenial view of the second coming and a pre tribulational interpretation of the Lords appearing to us and our being snatched away to be with Him (the rapture) When do you believe the rapture will occur in relation to the tribulation? (If at all)

slabbey06

Bond-Servant of Christ
I hold to a pre millenial view of the second coming and a pre tribulational interpretation of the Lords appearing to us and our being snatched away to be with Him (the rapture) When do you believe the rapture will occur in relation to the tribulation? (If at all)

I hold to the pre-millennial, pre-tribulation interpretation too!

Seraphiel

The only thing that raptures when reading these rapture posts is my positive mood. There are better things to discuss then raptures.

porkchop

I'm Heffer!!!
The only thing that raptures when reading these rapture posts is my positive mood. There are better things to discuss then raptures.

I cant think of much better than discussing the rapture, how wonderful it will be for those of us saved.
Though for unbelievers, a very sad day and terrible things to come.

joeboonda

I love discussing the Rapture, it is the BLESSED HOPE of every believer! How wonderful for the generation of believers who will not tase death! How wonderful the reunion with loved ones who have gone on before us!

I am pre-mil, pre-trib, ABSOLUTELY! :)

Paul even taught the imminency of the Rapture, oh, the birthpangs are happening and coming faster and faster! Be ready, look up, for you redemption draweth nigh! Haleluia! Oh to be caught up and transformed and to be with the Lord forever! The doubts and fears forever quelmed, although those who trust in Christ's promises to us have nothing to doubt or fear. I pray I walk worthy and grow in grace so I may not be ashamed at the Judgement Seat of Christ. How I wish to live better for the Lord! Let this be our prayer.
Praise God!
Mike

slabbey06

Bond-Servant of Christ
I love discussing the Rapture, it is the BLESSED HOPE of every believer! How wonderful for the generation of believers who will not tase death! How wonderful the reunion with loved ones who have gone on before us!

I am pre-mil, pre-trib, ABSOLUTELY! :)

Paul even taught the imminency of the Rapture, oh, the birthpangs are happening and coming faster and faster! Be ready, look up, for you redemption draweth nigh! Haleluia! Oh to be caught up and transformed and to be with the Lord forever! The doubts and fears forever quelmed, although those who trust in Christ's promises to us have nothing to doubt or fear. I pray I walk worthy and grow in grace so I may not be ashamed at the Judgement Seat of Christ. How I wish to live better for the Lord! Let this be our prayer.
Praise God!
Mike

Amen!:)

*Paul*

Jesus loves you

Which is why I put it up for discussion between people who are likely to agree on it, to save boring or depressing the likes of you.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
How important a doctrine is this for you? For me it is central to my life - it is a doctrine I am always ready to defend. Every day I think this could be it, I could see Him today without dying, this view also affects how I view scripture too, it allows for the prophesied restoration of Israel and their recognising their messiah and the conversion of the 144,000 Jews is allowed to be literal and doesn't have to be twisted to mean the church (especially as specific tribes are mentioned). It affects the way I view world events - the middle east in particular and efforts to divide the land of Israel for peace, also the formation of the apostate ecumenical church and the coming together of the worlds governments as they unite behind common causes thus increasing calls and pressure for world unity.

Most importantly of all it keeps my waiting and watching for the Lord waiting for the shout "behold the bridegroom cometh", I do not want to be ashamed at His coming and I want to put the talents he has entrusted me with to good use and yield an increase in His investment.

Even so, Come Lord Jesus.

kmkemp

I haven't studied the end times enough to even say what I believe about the rapture, but one thing is clear: it was the message of Jesus that we should live each day as if He would return. How could knowing the son of man is coming riding on the clouds change the way you live?

joeboonda

How important a doctrine is this for you? For me it is central to my life - it is a doctrine I am always ready to defend. Every day I think this could be it, I could see Him today without dying, this view also affects how I view scripture too, it allows for the prophesied restoration of Israel and their recognising their messiah and the conversion of the 144,000 Jews is allowed to be literal and doesn't have to be twisted to mean the church (especially as specific tribes are mentioned). It affects the way I view world events - the middle east in particular and efforts to divide the land of Israel for peace, also the formation of the apostate ecumenical church and the coming together of the worlds governments as they unite behind common causes thus increasing calls and pressure for world unity.

Most importantly of all it keeps my waiting and watching for the Lord waiting for the shout "behold the bridegroom cometh", I do not want to be ashamed at His coming and I want to put the talents he has entrusted me with to good use and yield an increase in His investment.

Right on, Paul, and as Slabbey asked, it is very sobering to know Jesus could come at any moment. Understanding scripture on this is sooo important. It does help us understand exactly how and why world events are unfolding before us. When we have a right understanding of end-time prophecy and the Rapture world events make perfect sense to us, we don't have to live in uncertainty and fear for we know our God is always here and Jesus' return is very near. Ooh, I rhymed, lol.

slabbey06

Bond-Servant of Christ

I can't rhyme like joeboonda, I'm sorry to say, but here are my thoughts anyway. Oh wait! I just rhymed:).
This doctrine is definitely central in my life. Although I have to admit I don't always live like it is. Living in light of eternity should impact every thing I do. I had a college professor who liked to ask us if we were looking forward to the Lord coming back at any moment, and if we wanted Him to. If we said no he encouraged us to evaluate how we were living our life and why we weren't looking forward to it.
This view also affects how I view Scripture. Of all the views of what is to come, I believe the pre-mil, pre-trib view interprets scripture the most literally and accurately.

slabbey06

Bond-Servant of Christ
I haven't studied the end times enough to even say what I believe about the rapture, but one thing is clear: it was the message of Jesus that we should live each day as if He would return. How could knowing the son of man is coming riding on the clouds change the way you live?

If you're ever interested in studying the end times more, I would recommend reading Understanding End Times Prophecy by Dr. Paul Benware. He's easy to understand and he goes over all the different views fairly, and then explains why he believes the pre-mil, pre-trib view is accurate. Let me know if you read it though, because there's a chart in the book that the publishers messed up on. You can find the book at www.christianbook.com

joeboonda

I can't rhyme like joeboonda, I'm sorry to say, but here are my thoughts anyway. Oh wait! I just rhymed:).
LOL! Good job!
If you're ever interested in studying the end times more, I would recommend reading Understanding End Times Prophecy by Dr. Paul Benware.
READING is the KEY! READ, READ, READ!!! Then read some more, don't ever stop! :)

joeboonda

Hmmm... Tim LaHaye has some good ones: "Charting the End Times" has lots of colorful illustrations, charts, time-lines etc. real easy to grasp, good for young people, too. His "Revelation Unveiled" is good. Although some find him contorversial, Hal Lindsey wrote a very good one covering many views of the Rapture, etc. and argued well for a pre-trib Rapture in "Vanished Into Thin Air". Those are more 'popular' authors, I have some others, some smaller ones, and there are better books than those I mentioned I'm sure that go even deeper.

Hope

Princesinha
I don't hold to a particular stance on the Rapture. Because, quite honestly, as long as you are walking with the Lord, and expecting His appearing, it shouldn't really matter. ;)

I definitely believe we are in the end times, though.