• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saudi Arabian Ambassador Condemns Orlando Shooting.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Quote:
Saudi Ambassador to the United States Abdullah Al-Saud said in a statement: “The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia condemns in the strongest terms the attack on innocent people in Orlando, Florida, and sends its deepest condolences to the families and friends of the victims and to the people of the United States.”

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/2016/06/13/Saudi-Arabia-condemns-Orlando-shooting.html

My personal thoughts:
Err... what are yours?

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Quote:
Saudi Ambassador to the United States Abdullah Al-Saud said in a statement: “The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia condemns in the strongest terms the attack on innocent people in Orlando, Florida, and sends its deepest condolences to the families and friends of the victims and to the people of the United States.”

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/2016/06/13/Saudi-Arabia-condemns-Orlando-shooting.html

My personal thoughts:
Err... what are yours?

The Saudi ambassador represents a nation where it's perfectly legal for the state to execute gay people for the 'crime' of being gay. He can shove his shallow, hypocritical & insincere sentiments up his barbaric ***.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
If the ambassador himself feels that way that's wonderful and definitely a step in the right direction, but there is not a chance in hell that he speaks for Saudi Arabia as a whole on this issue.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The Saudi ambassador represents a nation where it's perfectly legal for the state to execute gay people for the 'crime' of being gay. He can shove his shallow, hypocritical & insincere sentiments up his barbaric ***.

And it happened that your country has a strong relationship with such a nation, what a hypocrisy ?

24F5991B00000578-2922592-The_late_Saudi_king_pictured_here_with_President_Obama_in_2010_h-a-72_1422026323573.jpg

lovesong

Premium Member
And yet that will not stop you and others from deprecating it. The fact of the matter is that one does not reach a difficult goal without steps in the right direction, and such steps should be met with appreciation.
I am appreciating it! That's why I said it's "wonderful and definitely a step in the right direction."

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
And it happened that your country has a strong relationship with such a nation, what a hypocrisy ?

A Greased Scotsman has never been a Greased American.

On the subject of the UK government: they don't represent me, neither do they represent the interests of the majority of people in the UK who didn't vote for them in the last two general elections.

Just because we trade with the Saudis doesn't make them civilised or us barbaric. Though the latter could change if we continue allowing them to import their toxic Wahabism to our country.

gsa

24F5991B00000578-2922592-The_late_Saudi_king_pictured_here_with_President_Obama_in_2010_h-a-72_1422026323573.jpg

If we were really zealous about upholding our principles and refused to have a relationship with countries that embraced theocratic practices, there are very few Muslim majority states we could do business with.

gsa

And yet that will not stop you and others from deprecating it. The fact of the matter is that one does not reach a difficult goal without steps in the right direction, and such steps should be met with appreciation.

You'll forgive me if I am not enthusiastic about a PR move that seems hollow given the recent crackdown on gays in KSA.

lovesong

Premium Member
No, what you said was: "wonderful and definitely a step in the right direction, but ..."
Everywhere I post you manage to find some way to argue with me. Frankly I am sick of it, have I ever done anything to you? What the ambassador did was great, his choice to word it as if all of Saudi Arabia agrees was not great as it isn't true and could just give false reassurance, but I repeat, if the ambassador actually felt that way about the massacre, that's great. Are you satisfied now?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
... What the ambassador did was great, his choice to word it as if all of Saudi Arabia agrees was not great as it isn't true and could just give false reassurance, but I repeat, if the ambassador actually felt that way about the massacre, that's great. Are you satisfied now?
Yes, but ...

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
A Greased Scotsman has never been a Greased American.

On the subject of the UK government: they don't represent me, neither do they represent the interests of the majority of people in the UK who didn't vote for them in the last two general elections.

Just because we trade with the Saudis doesn't make them civilised or us barbaric. Though the latter could change if we continue allowing them to import their toxic Wahabism to our country.

Being a slave for money isn't a good idea, the same reason that a woman
may accept to work as prostitute because of the need for money.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
If we were really zealous about upholding our principles and refused to have a relationship with countries that embraced theocratic practices, there are very few Muslim majority states we could do business with.

Why you need to do business with someone that you find as barbaric?
Being forced for the need of money is barbaric by itself, it's like saying this person
is a murderer but i need to work with him because he gives me money.

gsa

Why you need to do business with someone that you find as barbaric?
Being forced for the need of money is barbaric by itself, it's like saying this person
is a murderer but i need to work with him because he gives me money.

"Do business" is not intended to be strictly commercial. If it makes you feel better, replace it with "have a relationship with."

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
"Do business" is not intended to be strictly commercial. If it makes you feel better, replace it with "have a relationship with."

It makes no difference, still being in a relationship with a barbaric guy makes you one.

Akivah

Quote:

My personal thoughts:
Err... what are yours?

I think it was very nice for the Saudi Ambassador to issue that statement. It was a clear condemnation.