• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saudi Arabia, Iran, and North Korea must be liberated!

Kirran

Premium Member
At this point I'm convinced that you're a troll.

Trolls are very nice.

2007-12-06-wombat296-snot.gif

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Forceably ending totalitarian rule rarely ends well, as what replaces it is usually both chaotic and causes widespread destruction and civilian death.

Most such regimes come to a natural end . And few linger on for more than three generations.
North Korea is most likely approaching its end game.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We should liberate them the way we did Hawaii.
Then, once they're states, we'll re-name them Trumpizona & New Ohio.

ronki23

What about Pakistan? They're a democracy but the ideology of the population is screwed up

Jedster

We should liberate them the way we did Hawaii.
Then, once they're states, we'll re-name them Trumpizona & New Ohio.

What's wrong with the people on the American continent that they need to name places with names that already exist elsewhere?

For example:

Paris, TX
Moscow, ID
Naples, FL
Venice, CA
Rome, GA
Florence, CO
Mecca, CA
Edinburgh, IN
Ayr, NE
Lisbon, MD
St Petersburg, FL
Berlin, NJ
Frankfort, IL
Hamburg, IA
Athens, GA
Madrid, IA
Amsterdam, NY
York, PA

and then there is Canada where the list is too long to print
Locations in Canada with an English name - Wikipedia

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What's wrong with the people on the American continent that they need to name places with names that already exist elsewhere?

For example:

Paris, TX
Moscow, ID
Naples, FL
Venice, CA
Rome, GA
Florence, CO
Mecca, CA
Edinburgh, IN
Ayr, NE
Lisbon, MD
St Petersburg, FL
Berlin, NJ
Frankfort, IL
Hamburg, IA
Athens, GA
Madrid, IA
Amsterdam, NY
York, PA

And don't forget Hell, MI.
We also have Moscow, Hamburg & Milan nearby.

Flame

Beware

For example:

Paris, TX
Moscow, ID
Naples, FL
Venice, CA
Rome, GA
Florence, CO
Mecca, CA
Edinburgh, IN
Ayr, NE
Lisbon, MD
St Petersburg, FL
Berlin, NJ
Frankfort, IL
Hamburg, IA
Athens, GA
Madrid, IA
Amsterdam, NY
York, PA

Well the US is suppose to be the melting pot of the world so I suppose it makes some sense.

Jedster

Well the US is suppose to be the melting pot of the world so I suppose it makes some sense.
@Flame
You make a good point.
I was just thinking that America was meant to be a new world, i.e. away from the old world and that bringing in old names maybe could hinder the growth of the new (American) culture.
On reflection, I think I am wrong
I have known and lived with several Americans in different periods of my life. They were all from different 'old' backgrounds, ie. different religions, different ethnicity etc, however their American-ness was apparent in all of them. And a grand lot they were/are.:)

Wirey

Fartist

Everyone misunderstands that. The Melting Pot thing comes from when the witches in Salem used to melt children together in a pot and sell it under the brand name "Soylent Green". I pieced it together from some stuff I overheard at a bar outside the mental hospital I was held in.... visiting.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
@Flame
You make a good point.
I was just thinking that America was meant to be a new world, i.e. away from the old world and that bringing in old names maybe could hinder the growth of the new (American) culture.
On reflection, I think I am wrong
I have known and lived with several Americans in different periods of my life. They were all from different 'old' backgrounds, ie. different religions, different ethnicity etc, however their American-ness was apparent in all of them. And a grand lot they were/are.:)
Don't be so quick to admit defeat.
We could look to Australiastan for inspiration.
They invent odd names seen nowhere else, eg, Burpengary, Delicate Knobby, Gooloogong.

I submit for your approval.....
New Rectalitch
West Gremlin's Elbow
@Wirey's Revenge
Twinkietown

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Everyone misunderstands that. The Melting Pot thing comes from when the witches in Salem used to melt children together in a pot and sell it under the brand name "Soylent Green". I pieced it together from some stuff I overheard at a bar outside the mental hospital I was held in.... visiting.
I'm kinda surprised your mom let you get close enough to hear that.
Tom

Jedster

Don't be so quick to admit defeat.
We could look to Australiastan for inspiration.
They invent odd names seen nowhere else, eg, Burpengary, Delicate Knobby, Gooloogong.

Australians are the greatest sinners, I mean look what they did to Weetabix, they spell it Weet-Bix, that is blasphemy against the Queen's English.