• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanic Buddhism

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Joke all you want, but you are, to some extent, resisting your own will.

True :facepalm: -closest to the hmm smiley on xat, not fping you-

BUT,

It isn't me resisting my will, my mind just automatically does it, it just doesn't let me pick on people back while picking on me, and which I cannot control it. Even if I could now then people would think I'm making a big deal out of something because I never did it before.

I guess this is the part where the thread goes into two separate branches :D

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
True :facepalm: -closest to the hmm smiley on xat, not fping you-

BUT,

It isn't me resisting my will, my mind just automatically does it, it just doesn't let me pick on people back while picking on me, and which I cannot control it. Even if I could now then people would think I'm making a big deal out of something because I never did it before.

I guess this is the part where the thread goes into two separate branches :D
I didn't mean you not harming others is denying your will. I meant letting that prevent you from calling yourself Satanist is.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Why exactly must you worry on whether or not you are compliant to any religious statements or principles?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend TSoA,

I also learned that LaVeyan Satanism doesn't encourage attachment nor things that harm innocent people. If they are not innocent it is fine. I think I see nothing wrong with Anton's philosophy.

For some reason, though, I look myself in the mirror and cannot call myself a LaVeyan Satanist without laughing though.

Attachment is not encouraged by any path; Attachments are something that the individual's mind does which the individual should realise.
Rgds "looking in the mirror": Personal understanding; it is only when one does not see/feel/conscious of anyone but void is the space Gautama pointed towards.

Love & rgds

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
Aquino says that ToS is the CoS "grown up". Anton LaVey said "If someone has something valid to say, they will say it. If someone claims you need to be 'initiated' and reveals 'knowledge' a bit at a time, the knowledge wasn't worthwhile to begin with."(paraphrased from The Satanic Bible).

Why don't we go for a ad hom while we're at it?
The ToS was founded by Michael Aquino. Here's a little info about him. aangirfan: Michael Aquino, alleged child sex abuse and the United States military