• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan vs satan

questfortruth

Language is for expressing feelings as well. One can express love for God by G,
and the dislike for satan with s.
The satan is very very very bad and mad criminal, who does not deserve the S.

Grammar is not all that matters. One can express feelings by capitalizing the letters. Why you have no problems to write god with g instead of G?

Atheists do write bible with b instead of B,
but it is the title of a book, hence must be B. But the mad feelings make it b.
Grammar and rules are not all there is.
"There are no rules in love and war." (c)

God is name, that is why it is G. The god is a saint, that is why it is g.

The Ljubov with L is Russian girl's name. But ljubov ("love" in English) with small l is the feeling.

The Adolf Hitler has murdered many US people. It was not will of Jesus.
Hence, the satan is not working for Jesus.

Last edited:

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
According to the Bible, the satanas (accuser) literally works for God.

Therefore, Christians blaming Satan for the existence of sin and evil seems to me like a criminal in court blaming his own crime on the prosecutor.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

Yet you gave him an A and H

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Grammar is not all that matters. One can express feelings by capitalizing the letters. Why you have no problems to write god with g instead of G?

I did try to explain about pepper nouns, and as for expressing feelings, bad grammar is not more expressive than good grammar. You do know the difference between God and god has nothing to do with how one fells about a deity right? This is an oft used misconception about atheists that they "hate" or are "angry" at a deity, it makes no sense though. Are you angry at or do you hate invisible leprechauns?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
According to the Bible, the satanas (accuser) literally works for God.

Therefore, Christians blaming Satan for the existence of sin and evil seems to me like a criminal in court blaming his own crime on the prosecutor.

Yes, Christians like to blame the creation (Satan or humanity or both) rather than actually blame the creator, who is known to be omnipotent (all-powerful), omniscient (all-knowing) and omnipresent (ever-present). According to the Bible, God is omnipotent (Psalm 147:5; Job 42:2; Daniel 2:21), omniscient (Psalm 139:1-6; Isaiah 46:9-10; 1 John 3:20), and omnipresent (Psalm 139:7-10; Isaiah 40:12; Colossians 1:17). If the Bible is correct about his attributes of omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence, then it stands to reason that he knows everything that happened in the past, what happens in the present, and what will happen in the future. The Bible also says that God knows our innermost being, and he knew us before we were born (Psalm 139:13-16).

If God is all-knowing, then he also knows our every thought and every decision that we have ever made, and the decisions we will make in the future. Also, if God has infinite power (omnipotent), infinite knowledge and wisdom (omniscient), and he is able to be present everywhere simultaneously (omnipresent), then he knew ahead of time that Adam and Eve would fall into temptation with the apple from the Tree of Life, and they would disobey him. If the Bible is correct, then the fall of humanity was planned by God, and he knew mankind's fate would turn out exactly the way it's turned out. That doesn't sound like a loving, merciful God to me.

If the Bible is correct, then God had foreknowledge of every horrific tragedy and all the atrocities committed throughout human history, and yet, he allowed these horrific events to take place, and he did absolutely nothing to stop any of it. In my opinion, any attempt to defend God's abhorrent cruelty and apathy towards immeasurable human suffering is a desperate cop-out. It's a cop-out to purposely defend God knowing about the reprehensible, inhumane atrocities that either God ordered himself or he allowed to happen and did nothing to intervene. The Holocaust comes to mind. If the Bible is correct, then the Christian God admitted that he creates evil, disasters and calamities (Isaiah 45:7). If the Bible is correct, then God is responsible for the fallen world, and that's where the real blame lies, not with humanity or with Satan. It's time for these theists to start putting the blame where it belongs.

If I saw another person being physically attacked, I'm not going to turn a blind eye and think, "I'm not going to try and save this poor person from being physically attacked (beaten up, raped, or killed) because I don't want to impede on their attacker's freewill!" And I'm not going to think, "I'm not going to try and save this innocent child from being abused because I don't want to impede on their abuser's freewill!" I'd be a depraved, callous, cold-blooded monster if I refused to do whatever I could to save another person's life.

Last edited:

74x12

I don't worry about it.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
One cannot extract any information from Bible bypassing the True Church interpretation of the Bible.

According to Catholics, the Roman Catholic Church is the one and only "True Church," and salvation only comes by Christ and through his Catholic Church (source). So, which "True Church" are you talking about? Are you referring to the Eastern Orthodox Church or to the Catholic Church or to the universal church that includes all the believers in Jesus, despite their church affiliation?

You need to be more specific when you refer to the "True Church."

The truth is, Christians hardly ever agree with each other over Bible interpretation or church doctrine and dogma. And we see the results of their heavily divided religion in the Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Ethiopian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox, Roman Catholics, Lutheran, Anglicans, Messianic Judaism, Episcopal, Seventh-day Adventists, Assemblies of God, Church of Christ, Church of God, Methodist, Nazarene Church, First Baptists, Second Baptists, Primitive Baptists, Southern Baptists, Reformed Baptists, and hundreds of other Christian churches not listed. So, which one of these hundreds of Christian churches is the "True Church," in your personal opinion as an Eastern Orthodox Christian? Which one of these hundreds of Christian churches is correct about their Bible interpretation? Is there a Rapture, or is there not a Rapture? Is Calvinism biblical, or is Arminianism biblical? Does a believer in Jesus have to fully immersed in water to be properly baptized, or will being sprinkled with water suffice for a baptism? Is baptism a biblical requirement for someone's salvation? Let's face it, the answers to these questions depends on the Christians you ask.

That being said, I wouldn't expect the same kind of answers because Christians tend to believe that they are absolutely correct in their biblical interpretation and theology and all other Christians are dead wrong in theirs. For example, Catholics don't believe that Protestants can be saved outside the Catholic Church. On the other hand, most Protestants don't believe that Catholics are truly saved because of their Catholic beliefs and what their church teaches about the Bible. Lastly, I realize I'm stating the obvious, but these diverse Christians can't all be correct when their biblical interpretation, church doctrines and dogma contradict each other.

So, remind me again, which one of these hundreds of Christian churches is the "True Church" that you referred to in your post?

Last edited:

Sheldon

Veteran Member

Straw man fallacy, as I never remotely claimed otherwise. Remember this started with your asinine claim that atheism is nihilism.

There are demonstrably rules in warfare, and love does not permit anyone to ignore any laws, try again.

Sheldon

Veteran Member

The Ljubov with L is Russian girl's name. But ljubov ("love" in English) with small l is the feeling.
God is a proper noun, and god is a common noun, so your earlier verbiage was just another rather silly attempt to misrepresent atheism and atheists.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

?

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
In my religion, Satan is not an enemy of God... but a loyal yet terrifying angel fulfilling its divine purpose exactly as God intended, by acting as an obstacle in our hearts meant to be overcome and by testing our loyalty to God.