• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan the great deceiver. Has succeeded in making most believe that God’s perfect systems are imperf

Greatest I am

Satan, the great deceiver, has succeeded in making most believe that God’s perfect systems are imperfect.

I believe that God is perfect and that from perfection flows only perfection.
Imperfection comes from imperfection, not perfection.
This seems logical but let me add--

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

All we see are God’s perfect works, including all souls.

If most believe that the world needs fixing and is not perfect, would you say that Satan has clouded our minds to the reality that God’s perfect system are still here and just hidden by Satan.
To make us think that there was something wrong when there is nothing wrong would be the greatest deception of all.

I know that God exists and that He is perfect. I see all around me as perfect even with the evil that is within this perfect system.
This perfection, like God evolves to a more perfect state over time. It never stops getting more perfect.
To those who do not believe that God’s perfect system evolve I would just point out that in the beginning the earth was not here. The perfection of the initial state did not diminish when God added to it. This should prove that His systems can evolve to a greater state of perfection.
The issue for debate is this.

Did God back slide and lose the initial perfection of all His works, or is His systems as fouled up and imperfect as most think?
Or.
Is it more likely that Satan has clouded our eyes to the reality that perfection has remained all around us and that we were all created perfect by a God who continues in perfection and has no need to ever return to fix what is not broken. No end time required.

Regards
DL

Aenea

I know that God exists and that He is perfect. I see all around me as perfect even with the evil that is within this perfect system.
This perfection, like God evolves to a more perfect state over time. It never stops getting more perfect.

How can something which is already perfect become more perfect over time? Can snow become more and more white?

w00t

Satan, the great deceiver, has succeeded in making most believe that God’s perfect systems are imperfect.

He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

If most believe that the world needs fixing and is not perfect, would you say that Satan has clouded our minds to the reality that God’s perfect system are still here and just hidden by Satan.
To make us think that there was something wrong when there is nothing wrong would be the greatest deception of all.

To those who do not believe that God’s perfect system evolve I would just point out that in the beginning the earth was not here. The perfection of the initial state did not diminish when God added to it. This should prove that His systems can evolve to a greater state of perfection.
The issue for debate is this.

Did God back slide and lose the initial perfection of all His works, or is His systems as fouled up and imperfect as most think?
Or.
Is it more likely that Satan has clouded our eyes to the reality that perfection has remained all around us and that we were all created perfect by a God who continues in perfection and has no need to ever return to fix what is not broken. No end time required.

Regards
DL

Satan gets the blame when the God of the Bible, if it exists, is not a pleasant deity at all!

Greatest I am

How can something which is already perfect become more perfect over time? Can snow become more and more white?

How can the US become a more perfect union.

God is not stagnant. He evolves and grows as we grow.
If not then when you and I die we just disapear. This is not the way. We are added to the Godhead and help it evolve.

Regards
DL

Aenea

But James writes that God is immutable in chapter 1 verse 17: "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."

Greatest I am

But James writes that God is immutable in chapter 1 verse 17: "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."

If God has no variableness then why did He repent after the flood?

If God and His perfection is stagnant then He could not have added to it in the beginning by creating stars, this world and us.

Regards
DL

Aenea

If God has no variableness then why did He repent after the flood?

The bible says "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart." It doesn't say the LORD repented. In fact, if the LORD changed his mind about making man on the earth, then he would not have saved Noah. Obviously "repented" here must be translated better.

The NIV says: "The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain."

Which one of us has not grieved the LORD by our sins, and filled his heart with pain? We all have done that. But God does not say to himself, "Now I wish I had never let that person be born."

w00t

If not then when you and I die we just disapear. This is not the way. We are added to the Godhead and help it evolve.

Regards
DL

What is perfect about the US?:D

Greatest I am

The bible says "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart." It doesn't say the LORD repented. In fact, if the LORD changed his mind about making man on the earth, then he would not have saved Noah. Obviously "repented" here must be translated better.

The NIV says: "The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain."

Which one of us has not grieved the LORD by our sins, and filled his heart with pain? We all have done that. But God does not say to himself, "Now I wish I had never let that person be born."

Is it not variableness to go from a non grieving heart to a grieving heart?
Is it not variableness to go from whatever He thought of man to repenting man's creation?

you make my case that God changes. If not then He would do nothing about nothing.

Regards
DL

Troublemane

Regards
DL

I love it, Christians who support evolution! Im all for that!

Random

What "perfect systems" are you referring to? Do you mean...

Nature?
Evolution?
Gravity?

Or, as is more likely...

Patriarchy?
Capitalism?
Money?

Also, first you say Satan is the Great Deciever, then later claim God is the master and Satan His agent. Can't you at least try to be consistent logically?

Greatest I am

What "perfect systems" are you referring to? Do you mean...

Nature?
Evolution?
Gravity?

Or, as is more likely...

Patriarchy?
Capitalism?
Money?

Also, first you say Satan is the Great Deciever, then later claim God is the master and Satan His agent. Can't you at least try to be consistent logically?

All of His systems. No exceptions. If All is created by God then all would have His perfection passed along.
Even evil. Perfect for His larger picture.

If you have any faith in God then you must allow Him His perfection.

Unless your God is less perfect than mine that is.

Regards
DL

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Satan hasn't deceived anyone. Now, the Roman Catholic Church is a different story!

Tiberius

If God's perfect systems are not imperfect, then that would mean that we too, being a creation of God, are perfect.

If we are perfect, then we would be able to see through Satan's deception. After all, perfection should not be able to be deceived. The Ontological argument (if you go for that sort of thing) indicates that something that cannot be deceived is more perfect than something that can be deceived.

hence, if we are one of God's syustems, we must be perfect.

Therefore, we are seeing the world without deception from Satan, or God deliberately designed us to be able to be deceived (this would allow us to still be perfect, as we are exactly what he wants - the perfect humans as far as God is concerned).

So either we are seeing the world as it really is and God's systems are indeed imperfect, or God designed us to be deceived by Satan, in which case who are we to argue with what he wants?