• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan shoes

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Walking on blood, easy peasy, try walking in louboutins

151a80f5280508c1bf6d027b77588078.jpg

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Ugh, this. His behavior since this little stunt has made me not like him anymore. He made a lot of his fans angry with this, and he's just crapping on everyone who doesn't like it, when he did promote himself to children before this (he's been on Sesame Street, performed at an elementary school and so on). It is bizarre how, in recent years, the music industry has been pushing Satanic imagery through pop music and rap, whereas that used to be something used in metal and other underground scenes as a gimmick. There's still "Illuminati" stuff being pushed, too. A lot of people are noticing and aren't very happy about this. Black Americans, especially, are very adverse to anything Satanic as a group, since they are still strongly Christian or at least Muslim as a demographic. So this isn't to make the fans happy. Maybe he did sell his soul. You certainly seem to have sell out somehow to get ahead in the pop world these days.

I mean, you have to wonder what the point is since the fans don't really like and it just makes people angry, especially around Holy Week and Easter. Nike is suing the crap out of him, too, so I have to wonder what the payoff for him is. He's just another in a chain of popstars who have done similar things.

Last edited:

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Many are up in arms about rapper LilNasX's faux-Nike "Satan Shoes", each with a drop of blood in the soles. He says it's a LGBT-positive affirming work of art. Critics see the lap dance with Satan in his music video as going too far. What say you?

Nike wins lawsuit over 'Satan Shoes' with human blood

I think the memes coming out about it are funny. It doesn't bother me. There are many more pressing things to worry about then what a celebrity is doing, in my view.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just bought 4 pairs of these on sale....$20/pair.
(I wear out Crocs, so I'll go thru these.)
crocsTM-white-Classic-Printed-Floral-Clog.jpeg

I suspect that there aren't many customers able &
willing to wear these hideous size 13 affronts to God.
I'm sure they'll will get some laughs.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम

willing to wear these hideous size 13 monstrosities.

My friend loves Crocs. She would be willing to wear them lol.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I think the federal judge siding with Nike is a bad decision.

Should Hanes be able to stop a silk screening shop from selling t-shirts with a logo they don’t like or demand they remove the tag?

ChristineM

Premium Member

willing to wear these hideous size 13 affronts to God.

They got at least one... :tearsofjoy:

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Many are up in arms about rapper LilNasX's faux-Nike "Satan Shoes", each with a drop of blood in the soles. He says it's a LGBT-positive affirming work of art. Critics see the lap dance with Satan in his music video as going too far. What say you?

This stunt or whatever it is must be working; I had never heard of this person before.

danieldemol

Premium Member

I don't know what the law says so can't comment on it from that perspective, but can't see any difference between selling modified cars with their original badging and modified shoes so long as they are sold as modified products and not original products.

That being said I wouldn't choose to have someone's blood on my shoes from a hygiene perspective under ordinary circumstances.

ChristineM

Premium Member
If you're wearing those, you ain't walking.

I usually wear loubies when we go out somewhere special so it can be done and they are truly the most comfortable, well fitting shoes I've worn. Covid has put an end to that though, when its over i will need to spend months practicing...

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I usually wear loubies when we go out somewhere special so it can be done and they are truly the most comfortable, well fitting shoes I've worn. Covid has put an end to that though, when its over i will need to spend months practicing...
You're tall anyway aren't you? - with those on you must look like an Amazon. :cool:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

"Buyer McKenzi Norris of South Carolina, a longtime follower of the MSCHF art collective, said Nike's lawsuit had disrupted his plans to resell the trainers for $2,500 on eBay, which removed his listing." --the article

Its a case in which nobody involved is in the right, because Nike is famous for its slave-made sneakers. I don't know anything about this rapper or whether Nike generally encourages people like McKenzi Norris to modify and to resell or not. Fact is, Nike has the legal authority (possibly the right, not sure) to prevent its brand from being used in this fashion; but morally it has the legal and moral duty to shrivel and die.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Well, it's one for the money two for the show
Three to get ready now go, cat, go

But don't you step on my blue satan shoes
Well you can do anything but
Lay off of my blue satan shoes